supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
johnny gayles to john jackson

Mr.john jackson i didnt get on supafan to bash you or nottin like that but i wanted to come to you one on one man to man.that was one of the best games ive ever played in my life good hard hitting game.being suspended for the whole season was pretty harsh man i play hard evergame ever practice even wen im not on the field,football is my life im tryin to make a career out of football and your takin away my dreams,goals from my kids because i kno im that good to make it to the next level because the love i got for football.im not a dirty player i play wit ma pads fighting in games no not me not that type of person or player, i dont get up on saturday mornings and say to maself who well i hurt today naw i get up spend time wit ma son b4 a game hes ma motivation and the reason i go hard in every single semi pro game i ever played in, u dont even kno me or kno wat type of person i am but u judged me put a lable on my bacc nd all i really wanna do is play football wit my team.....im a yung african american tryin to make it in life hell this world nd its pretty damn hard to get there wit two kids nd tryin to make football a career nd being banned for the year cant even show my true talent nd its only week 4...i dont feel its right for u to ban me for the season for playin hard every down of that game nd truthful the last 2sec of that game wen the fight started i was on my way to the sidelines to regroup wit ma team nd give your team a good job until #28 came in bumb me from the bacc for wat the clean hit i gave wasnt his job it was the refs call nd there was no call cause u seen me walkin off that field game was over i think u should reconsider your decision #7 tri-city spartans.

Re: johnny gayles to john jackson

Mr.intense
Mr.john jackson i didnt get on supafan to bash you or nottin like that but i wanted to come to you one on one man to man.that was one of the best games ive ever played in my life good hard hitting game.being suspended for the whole season was pretty harsh man i play hard evergame ever practice even wen im not on the field,football is my life im tryin to make a career out of football and your takin away my dreams,goals from my kids because i kno im that good to make it to the next level because the love i got for football.im not a dirty player i play wit ma pads fighting in games no not me not that type of person or player, i dont get up on saturday mornings and say to maself who well i hurt today naw i get up spend time wit ma son b4 a game hes ma motivation and the reason i go hard in every single semi pro game i ever played in, u dont even kno me or kno wat type of person i am but u judged me put a lable on my bacc nd all i really wanna do is play football wit my team.....im a yung african american tryin to make it in life hell this world nd its pretty damn hard to get there wit two kids nd tryin to make football a career nd being banned for the year cant even show my true talent nd its only week 4...i dont feel its right for u to ban me for the season for playin hard every down of that game nd truthful the last 2sec of that game wen the fight started i was on my way to the sidelines to regroup wit ma team nd give your team a good job until #28 came in bumb me from the bacc for wat the clean hit i gave wasnt his job it was the refs call nd there was no call cause u seen me walkin off that field game was over i think u should reconsider your decision #7 tri-city spartans.

Ear says give the guy a second chance. However, Mr. Gayles...Ear suggests you call Mr. Jackson and speak to him directly. That MIGHT get better results.

Ear is out

and ear yu right

totally agree

#7 Johnny "The Assissin" Gayles,

Please take record through all the post I have made regarding this situation I have always been against your lifetime, then lifted to season, suspensions.

You had a Lifetime suspension from the CRFL. After all the post & the power of Supafan, it went back to review to all the team owners. After team owners had a chance to review the game film, they went into a meeting & by majority vote, over ruled the lifetime suspension by turning it into a remainder of the year season suspension.

To add more to the scenario, after the league board vote, the game film (unedited) was then sent to a neutral party that does not know you, does not know the Spartan or the Crusader organizations, has nothing to do with the CRFL or has any knowledge about this situation. This party was given no inside information but to watch the film. That neutral party did also agreed on the season suspension.

Although I think the initial punishment released by Tyler Peckham was too early & not thoroughly thought out, I do believe the CRFL did everything possible, above & beyond, to make sure this situation was handled correctly & the right call was made. Everyone blaming John Jackson for the decision making is like shooting the messager. It was John Jackson that went on his own looking for the neutral party to justify the CRFL's, NOT John's, decision. It was John Jackson that reposted & edited in slow motion the fight video so EVERYONE had a chance to see why these decisions were made. I think this situation was thoroughly gone through with a fine tooth comb with all the I's dotted & the T's crossed. Even though neither You or I agree with the final decision, it is one we all have to live with.

Now Johnny, you say you need this season to try & go up to another level, no disrespect to the CRFL or to you, but playing in the CRFL is not the right avenue to "go to the next level". Maybe I would recommend putting OurSportsCentral.com on your favorites (http://www.oursportscentral.com/sports/?m_id=Football). The football section is full of nothing but Professional Teams & all try-out dates are periodically posted there.

As far as Semi Pro, your just alittle late to get in the IFL with Larry & the Michwana Thunderhawks, (I believe that is the closet IFL team to you) so your next step will be in the MSFL, which kick-off for the season openers this weekend! Also, the MSFL, may have rules you are more accustom to, like you can block below the waist with the exception on special teams, & the MSFL is filled with much higher caliber athletes. Indianapolis teams in the MSFL include the Indiana Generals, Indiana Nighthawks & the Kokomo Mustangs. Although Indianapolis is a drive, I know the Nighthawks & the Generals are strict on practice attendance, however the Kokomo Mustangs have collegiate players throughout the tri-state area & are alot more lenient with practice participation. The MSFL team probably alittle closer to you that could definitively use you, would be the Lake County Steelers. The Steelers might be the bottom feeders of the MSFL, but maybe it is a guy with your talent @ kick returns that can bring the Steelers home with a win! The rest of the teams would be in northern Illinois. Check out the MSFL Teams website for there information @ http://www.msflfootball.com/teams/.

Johnny, hope this information helps & hope again, to see you on the field!

Lake County Steelers: Coach Gambrel: 219-608-8628
Kokomo Mustangs: Coach Stamper: james.a.stamper@delphi.com

Good Luck

...also Johnny, if you do happen to contact another team, I would recommend NOT mentioning the season suspension from the CRFL unless you are approached about it. I might be mistaken, but I do believe the Indiana Generals & the Indiana Nighthawks are the only teams that frequently use this site.

Johnny doesn't always have the right words, and he might seem aggressive...he grew up in California (where football is much more intense). The night before the Phoenix game he stayed up all night watching football clips to motivate him. Played with his son all morning before he left. On the way to the game he was focused...earphones never came off to speak much. When the game was over he was back to the young, goofy Dad he was before he left his son for the game. He lives in South Bend...there is not a lot positive about South Bend! No one talks about the CRFL as being competitive, seriously after this season not sure the CRFL will survive!? The names at the top of the league no one will ever wanted associated with again! Johnny was not only apologizing to u Mr. Jackson, but to the whole league. He was just playing the sport he loves. Not many value playing in the CRFL or think opportunities come with it. Johnny is an all-star player, which he would love to be involved in! There is a national championship game, not saying or thinking the Spartans are guaranteed to go, but they have as good of chance as any other top team in CRFL. Another game with the opportunity to get his name out there. The chemistry of the Spartans is amazing...everyone has everyone's back and everyone is a family! This team gets together on days there is no practice or a game...Johnny is always there! Johnny is also not tall, he is 5'6", he always had to play harder and work harder. He doesn't want to hurt anyone, he has his own family to take care of. No team thought they had to prepare someone like Johnny, but if you don't he will be a problem! For all the other leagues that laugh at the CRFL because there is no competition, I know they're laughing now! You suspended him for a year because he was "too intense"! I know clocks can't be turned back and decisions have been made. The love and support for Johnny isn't going to go anywhere! Most people feel the same about not using the rules and by laws correctly, but using them for the advantage of the team that have the commissioner and v.p. on their team and a disadvantage to all others. Even if either hit was a flag, those are penalties! The shove to 28 was a flag...even if 28 was a first flag. That is a double personal foul! Considering it caused benches to clear we understand the severity of it. But 1 personal foul equals what punishment in the CRFL? Possibly giving him 2 since it turned to a brawl would even be fair! Of course the teams that we still have to face would want to vote him out for the year, that way they don't have to prepare for someone that is almost impossible to prepare for! The only team that voted against the year suspension had already played the Spartans! That speaks very loud! Mr. Jackson, your league will continue to be a joke when ur kicking out people for being too intense. People will continue to talk about you and ur buddy as long as ur not following rules and bylaws you set in place! You put the video up, took it down, edited it, put it up again, took it down again...but never once shared the video you say you were late hit and lost your temper...so Johnny doesn't have the right to be in this league and isn't privileged enough to make rules, but u have the right to be as intense as u want to be! Your character will always be questioned with your questionable actions! It isn't just Spartans, his friends, and family saying he should be able to play! Look at the fans of semi-pro all standing in support! Johnny you are a great young man! Don't let no one bring you down! The took football away from you for now, but they can't take football out of you, they will never crush the support system around you! Game day will be hard to not play and as a football fan it will be difficult to not see you on the field! Keep your head up Johnny!

If there was ever something that fit the term "beating a dead horse", this is it. You know the nice thing about not being affiliated with a team or a league is that I can comment on something without anyone thinking I'm biased. Just when you think something has run its course, it comes up again. There are many who know who I am but for those who don't a quick background: Played for 4 years in the MFL, 2 of those years in team management and representing the team at league meetings. Also attended the IFL/MFL merger meeting and served as the first secretary of the CRFL. Even though I only played 4 years, I've spent a lot of time involved whether it be at a league meeting or on these message boards. I've met a hell of a lot of good people in semi-pro and made a lot of good friends.

For what it's worth I never considered myself a great player. I was ok at times, not so ok at others. I played to have fun and had a blast doing so. I was always an advocate of player safety on the field which is why I have followed this whole deal. In my playing days, I saw a lot of things on the field that endangered the health of players. Guys who thought they were NFL superstars delivering the big hit, most of the time late or in a manner that endangered both players. It's ridiculous and has no place in the game. All of us can respect a good, clean, hard hit but it seems like a lot of people take it too far.

Now I also have to say that John Jackson and I are not exactly the best of friends. I disagreed with him being commissioner of the CRFL in the first place. While I've always thought he had good ideas, I disagreed with his methods. He and I have said things about each other publicly and privately that maybe shouldn't have been said but that's just the way it is.

That being said, I can give credit where it's due. John approaches everything with a passion that, while sometimes overzealous, is genuine. I have read a lot of these posts and he has more than addressed this situation and explained it. He shouldn't have to justify it any further. The other thing about it is that he's just the commissioner. When the CRFL was started, we purposely set things up so the commissioner was "weak" for lack of a better word. Those suspensions were voted on by the other teams in the league. John Jackson did not make the decision and neither did Tyler Peckham. The just had the duty of announcing what was done by the league so they are the targets of all of this.

Mr. Gayles, I don't know you and you don't know me. I watched the video and the hit was low. Whether that was intentional or not is not for me to decide. The fact that you've been passionate about your pleas leads me to believe that it wasn't but the decision you are complaining about was rendered by the entire league and not an individual. I understand not being able to play. I haven't played since 2009 due to a physical ailment I had no control over and there's not a day that goes by that I don't want to play. The fact remains that the evidence was reviewed, apparently by someone not affiliated with the league, and they came to the same conclusion. Pleading your case on this website isn't going to lead anywhere, I can guarantee it.

What bothers me the most is that FINALLY a league has punished players for dangerous actions on the field and all they are getting is grief. Really? I have been complaining about that stuff for years and I'm glad someone finally took action. Yet, all that keeps happening is people coming out of the woodwork to defend it. The player was only playing with "intensity" or whatever. The decision to hit low on that player, whether injuring that player was the intention or not, is a BAD decision. There is no doubt that football is a violent game. No one expects not to get hit. There are people who defend that stuff because it's a violent game and that's crap. Why make a dangerous game more dangerous by hitting illegally. It doesn't make it ok because the game is already dangerous and players need to quit justifying it. I say kudos to the league who finally took action.

I do not agree with the CRFL's decision on this. Johnny Gayles is a very intense player. I feel as though people don't look at the best interest of the player at subject but rather best interest of their team. Two teams sided with us in the voting but wasn't enough. Some leagues allow blocking below the knees while others don't. The punch that is said he threw I do not feel is visibly clear. Yes John Jackson slowed the film down which I felt gave Johnny a bigger argument because then looking at it you see his hip made contact with the other players legs not his pads or helmet with originally thought. We all make mistakes playing football, which brings up a point, if a player clips another player should they be suspended, that is the dirtiest shot in the game. Now allow me to continue by saying this Johnny is my player, my friend and a fellow soldier of the gridiron. I still believe that the punishment is too harsh and given the opportunity to defend him again I would and I would risk it all doing so. Now we must do as the spartans truly did and get on that field and fight every play for every yard and for every point. Together we fight forever we fight. AAHHHHOOOOOOO AAHHHHOOOOOO AAHHHHOOOOOO

Dude I dont know you from adam, but a full season band I dont agree with, thats just like that vilma stuff in the nfl. Everyone gets half the season and you get the full season, but thats the rule so we gotta live by it. But tailgate is rt. The steelers are closer to you, coach Don knows them, and I played with them for 2 yrs. Yes they are lol on the totom pole but thats because they dont have many explosive players, or players who take things seriously. I promise you, u go there u wll get the ball, and you will get filmed and play against great talented playrs and in bigger cities like the chi,and wisconsin. So if i was you I would go there, talk to COACH GAM, and u will get ur TIME IN THE Sun again. go make the all star team there, I did it on a bumb knee so I know a person with your talent can do it. Put that on ur football resume before you go try out. there are retired NFL players in that league, and arena players in that league. it could start you on ur path of SUCCESS. let this mishap of yours behind and start a new and better legacy my guy.

best wishes and GOD BLESS.

Idk what i would do with no football, so i feel u but I was injured now banned. but it still sucks, football is my life other than my kids and GOD so i feel u 100%