supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
travesty

ive thought about this question a million times. the football players from the 574 area code have a lot of talent each year, but they always seem to lack a good coaching staff, why is that do they not care about football up thier or is it they are a bunch of thugs that cant be taught nuhin and aleady think they know everything, 574 has a bad rap its time for yall to get it together, to much talent up there to go to waiste. invest in a coach cuz if u dont no team from their will ever do real damage.

Re: travesty

Could it be there is a lack of literate individuals in the "574"? Just joking (574) but somebody had to do it. Says Eye!

Eye

The problem in this area is players don't want to listen or learn. They have their way of doing things and won't pull together t get things done. Coachs get over ran on every team because the players start with the I paid to play.

As a coach that is not exceptable that is when you hand their money back and say goodbye! The coaches MUST lead by example and show up at EVERY practice. If the coaches aren't fully committed then your team won't be either. The coach is where it is at. It makes the difference between good and great, .500 and a championship. I have seen ALOT of talent up there, in the years past, with no direction or leadership. Shamrocks had talent last year but like Mr. Tebow says "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"! Good Luck to ALL on the rest of the season!!!!

As a guy who is from and played in the 574 his whole life I can tell you that there is a whole lot wrong and a whole lot right with football in this area.

Athletically this area is as talented as any other in the state.

Mentally and in terms of work ethic and attitude is where we tend to lack.

We have several different kinds of bad attitudes around these parts.

We have the "You can't tell me nothin', I was a baller in high school." guys

The "Man I blow up the field every week in our pickup games" guys.

But worst of them is the "How dare you coach or correct me, that must mean you think I am some kind of punk or less than a man because you don't believe I am perfect" guys.

And for some reason those attitudes spread way faster than the coachable, team first attitudes.

Now understand I'm not saying this is everybody around here. I was lucky enough to play with some of the best football players and men that I have ever had the privelege of knowing, but also some of the biggest babies I have ever met. Temper tantrums on the sidelines, fight their own teammates over a bad play, and no concept of personal accountability, not to mention complete delusions of grandeur.

And its those attitudes that kill teams in this area each and every year.

Because these guys really tend to be at their worst when the going gets tough. If you play teams that you know you can beat there usually ain't too many problems but when you get into a tight ball game you can see them at their worst.

This is just my opinion of course.

lil chuck i agree with you 100% thats whats wrong with the 574 area code that and the players think they run the team and coachs and owners fold the team because they get tired of the bull shit that the players like that bring to the team.uncoachable players

Ok sorry i had to say something not all the teams in the "574" are bad or whatever. You have to remember the Wanee hurricanes played their and from what i was told they played with nothing but heart even though they didnt win any they didn't resort to playing dirty, and also this year the Michiana Thunderhawks also play in the "574" and all I hear is positive things about them.

This has nothing to do with one area code in Indiana. In fact, it has nothing to do with one area in the country. It happens everywhere. There are always people on the team who think they are superstars and know better than the coaches. Either those teams don't last long or, if they have a strong coaching staff, the player doesn't last long. Any player who doesn't buy into what the team is doing is poison for the team and it certainly isn't limited to that area.

the problem is racism up in the 574 area coder. when u have little boys like matt and mitch controlling a team you are bound for problems. racism is when a guy like cody preffely tells a coach. y are u letting theses brothers (black people) play we have to stick up for each other. huh. its not a bout the best man playing up there. its how can i get my bar buddies, on the feild.
2nd racism lance fuller former owner of the warriors, i heard him call an all black officiating crew (monkeys), just for bad calls. and he used players team fees to buy a new house and a new car and his step son a motorcycle, at the same time players had to come out there pockets to play, if im not mistaken rocky caudhill father had to pay for their last game becuase lance spent the teams money on personal stuff. then u have guys like Tom from the hitmen. he destroyed the indiana titans then started a faulty team that only lasted 2 years. the players are a part,but hell look at the leadership that they have. lil chuck u know exactly wut im talkin bout. the players arent going to listen to guys who have never played football and just sit on the couch and smoke meth and play madden. dead seroios, ask any former player from the shamrock hurricanes and the hitmen and warriors, and the titans. these coaches pray and feast off the players in the 574.

Eye am not sure about the Meth, but Eye am sure there are some owners walking around Indy with player's money in they pockets and NO TEAM just this year. SAYS EYE!

Eye

quit da bs
the problem is racism up in the 574 area coder. when u have little boys like matt and mitch controlling a team you are bound for problems. racism is when a guy like cody preffely tells a coach. y are u letting theses brothers (black people) play we have to stick up for each other. huh. its not a bout the best man playing up there. its how can i get my bar buddies, on the feild.
2nd racism lance fuller former owner of the warriors, i heard him call an all black officiating crew (monkeys), just for bad calls. and he used players team fees to buy a new house and a new car and his step son a motorcycle, at the same time players had to come out there pockets to play, if im not mistaken rocky caudhill father had to pay for their last game becuase lance spent the teams money on personal stuff. then u have guys like Tom from the hitmen. he destroyed the indiana titans then started a faulty team that only lasted 2 years. the players are a part,but hell look at the leadership that they have. lil chuck u know exactly wut im talkin bout. the players arent going to listen to guys who have never played football and just sit on the couch and smoke meth and play madden. dead seroios, ask any former player from the shamrock hurricanes and the hitmen and warriors, and the titans. these coaches pray and feast off the players in the 574.

Dude you are ate the fuck up! I have played Semi Pro Football in this area for along time and Lil Chuck told it straight, I also agree with what Crfl fan said. All the former team owner that you mentioned how many players do you think they paid for to play? I myself have played for 3 of the teams that you speak of and I paid my dues but can name several of my team mates that didn't or couldn't or just wouldn't but they still played on the team. I don't play anymore and everytime I start missing it I come to this message board and that stops my itch to play. I read some bullshit post by someone like you, truth be told your one of the type of players that lil chuck is talking about. Sit on the couch and smoke meth, man smh I don't know one of the coaches you talk about that does that they were all dedicated the problems was most of the players were not. and last of all cody I have played many of games with him from semi pro to scrimmage on Sundays and i'm black
cody racist, your a joke man

Now I don't know about some of these guys, but I know that coaches from the Hitmen were good people. I played at least one season and more than one season with most of them.

I know that Dave and Tom did the best they could with what they had.

And again, as for the racist thing, I don't know any of these other coaches so I won't speak on them. But I know that I never once, not one time ever heard or saw the Hitmen coaching staff favor a player based on a racial issue or making sure their buddies played.

But B.S. I'm sorry you feel that way man. It sounds like something happened and took your love of the game away and that sucks. But I will tell you one story and I won't use any names.

I know we had a player on a 574 team who was given every opportunity to succeed. He played offense and couldn't produce, but he was a good athlete, strong, quick, so they moved him to defense and he just never really picked that up either. Then when he left the team he told people that "Players weren't on his level."

No "I need to get better?" or "What can I improve on?"

Again, this isn't everybody, but an attitude like that can be cancer to a football team and it can spread twice as fast.

Now as for the coaches around these parts, man there have been some bad ones. Guys who just had no clue. I think of a certain pastor who stole our money and ran off to Illinois. Or a few other guys who didn't understand that in Cover 2 nobody has man to man assignments. But I've also witnessed coaches who genuinely cared about players. Even helping them with situations that had NOTHING to do with football.

And I realize some of this could been seen as bias because I've played more than a decade with Coach Dave and have known Tom since the Stampede days, but I'm just calling it like I say it and as always, I could be wrong.