supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wildcats/Wolfpack 7/28/12 in Terre Haute...Let's see the game happen!

Both the Wildcats & Wolfpack have July 28th open on their schedules. I know they play August 4th at the Wolfpack, but fans in Terre Haute would love to see them play in Terre Haute too. The Wolfpack were already supposed to play in Indy that date, so why not just travel another hour to Terre Haute? I'm sure the Wildcats would make a good deal for the Wolfpack to make the trip. Please coaches from both teams make this happen! Let's get feedback from the semi-pro community on this. Top notch facility at Rose Hulman & two top notch teams. Make it happen before it's too late!!

Re: Wildcats/Wolfpack 7/28/12 in Terre Haute...Let's see the game happen!

Well it would make more sense for you individual fans to travel August 4th for the game than to make an entire team travel for it accommodating a few fans. I promise a great crowd and environment!

Posted in other post:

I have been waiting to play the wildcats for a few years now because of their talent and professionalism. But the IFL schedule is based on a team north and south team playing one of the other division home and away. I am pretty sure we have the toughest schedule for playing the other division where we had to travel to kentucky (the most distance covered by any IFL team to play another team I am pretty sure) and be home against the defending IFL champs and still really talented wildcats. And we both are doing the same thing.. wildcats want another home game and we do as well to financially help our team with only 3 home games this year. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for us to play another game that far away against a team that we will see the following week. We had to travel to a south team just like the wildcats have to travel to a north team which is part of the schedule so it is fair throughout the IFL

Petre OUT!

Theoretically...great idea. A good game between two great teams and a great opportunity for the Terre Haute-area fans to see this game.

In reality...it makes little sense, especially for the Wolfpack. This would have to be a non-league game that could not count in the IFL standings. While I'd love to see these two teams beat one-another up for two weeks prior to us (the Blaze) traveling to the Wolfpack on Aug. 11, there is no real reason for either team to do this.

If you would like to see these two teams battle, with IFL playoff standings on the line, travel to Ligonier on Aug. 4th, as scheduled.

Completely understand, it just sucks we have to wait 3 weeks to play another game. We've offered a lot to teams that do have an open date but we keep getting "NO" for an answer.

wolfpack keep getting no as well

Yet the wolfpack tell the wildcats no when they ask them to play?? They must only be willing to play someone who isn't a threat.

I think Wolfpack may be in trouble for this game against Wildcats. I dont play for either team, I played against Wildcats last year and watched the Wolfpack play thunderhawks this year and thought they should of been killing the hawks but werent. They have alot of good players but some glaring weaknesses. I give credit to the hawks for keeping it close. And its easy for me to sit in the stands and say what they should of done. Just seemed like hawks were better coached and had a better gameplan just with less talent then the wolfpack. Wildcats are more disiplined for sure, about same talent level but play well together just a solid team a little cocky tho just a couple guys. Id like to see both teams play well so itll be a exciting game hopefully. I just have a feeling this could be a blowout just saying. Not hating maybe wolfpack can use this as motivating or something cause they need it i think. I like to root for the underdog so hopefully they pull a rabit out their hat.

Y WOULD THEY PLAY THEM THIS WEEK THEN TURN AROUND AND PLAY THEM AGAIN THTS STUPID AND POINTLESS THEY ARE ALREADY SET TO PLAY NEXT WEEK SO BE PATIENT AND WAIT THERES NO NEED TO PLAY EACH OTHER BACK TO BACK THERES NO RUSH THERE NOT DUCKING ANYONE NO EVEN THE WILDCATS ITS GOIN BE A HARD FOUGHT GAME COME THE 4TH DNT NEED TO BEAT THE HELL OUT OF EACH OTHER ON THE 28 THEN TURN AROUND THE NEXT WEEK AND DO IT ALL OVER AND IT NOT THT THEY LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO ISNT A THREAT ITS THE FACT THEY ALREADY PLAY THE FOLLOWING WEEK DUH THTS COMMON SENSE

Dusty i watched the game as well and i seen a game that the only reason why it wasnt a blowout is because the wolfpack had a lot of penalties and had three touchdowns called back because of it so the game would have really ended 38-6 but 3 were called back which made it 17-6 so i dnt think the wolfpack is in trouble and i doubt it will be a blowout one of the teams will win but 2 scores or a score and field goal im pumped to see it theres no need to play the 28 and turn around and play the 4th jus keep it as is and get ready for a huge show for those who cant make it sry

Yeah no doubt there wore tds called back, didnt realize it was 3 but then again whos to say they would of been tds without penalties on the plays to begin with. But yea i never thought wolfpack was in trouble of losing that game either. I just went there expecting to see something different then i actually seen thats all. Im not hating just stating. Good luck to both teams gonna try hard to make this one. Say hi maybe.

Total yardage of that game was 292-55 in favor of Noble County. Multiple touchdowns called back due to penalties.