supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AFNT AA Ranking for games played through July 28th

AA Leagues Only

THE AFNT CLASS AA RANKINGS FOR SPRING/SUMMER SEASON GAMES PLAYED THROUGH JULY 28 2012
Dennis Morris,Editor (dbone2323_47909@yahoo.com)

1- St. Paul Pioneers NEFL 10-0 447-31
2- Columbus Fire HFL 11-0 391-98
3- Kings Comets HFL 8-1 337-154
4- Chicago Thunder MSFL 3-0 98-45
5- Racine Raiders MSFL 4-1 266-79
6- Noble County Wolfpack IFL 5-0 133-27
7- Pittsburgh Pride HFL 8-1 202-56
8- Indiana Mustangs MSFL 3-0 113-24
9- Cleveland Cobras HFL 8-1 240-81
10- Minnesota Sting MPFL 11-2 473-204
11- Lima Warriors HFL 9-2 344-67
12- Roscoe Rush MSFL 4-1 118-75
13- Ohio Crush CRFL 6-0 169-48
14- Lake Superior Rage NEFL 8-1 348-216 *Season Over
15- West Central Wildcats IFL 5-1 179-63
16- Marion County Crusaders CRFL 7-0 178-54
17- North East Ohio Predators HFL 9-2 337-133
18- Mid Ohio Valley Ravens MSL 7-3 355-147
19- Oakland County Phantoms GLFL 6-2 241-47
20- Kentucky Warriors NFFL 8-1 293-194
21- Southern Ohio Buckeyes NFFL 6-1 144-50
22- Chippewa Valley Predators NEFL 8-4 346-184
23- Fox Valley Force NEFL 7-3 265-122 *Season Over
24- Indiana Cardinals CRFL 6-1 166-25
25- Springfield Foxes MSFL 3-1 106-66
26- Green Bay Blackjacks NLFL 11-2 300-58
27- West Virginia Storm MSL 8-2 274-74
28- Cincinnati Falcons NFFL 5-3 218-102
29- Green Bay Gladiators NEFL 7-2 228-123 *Season Over
30- Midwest Force CRFL 4-2 165-75

CRFL, Crossroads Football League (Indiana/Ohio)
HFL, Heartland Football League
IFL, Interstate Football League
GLFL, Great Lakes Football League (Blue Conference)
MPFL, Midwest Premier Football League
MSFL, Mid States Football League
MSL, Mountain States Football League
NEFL, Northern Elite Football League
NFFL, Northern Frontier Football League
NLFL, Northern Lights Football League
WSFL, Wisconsin State Football League

Thanks
Dennis Morris
Minor League Football News Hall Of Fame "Class Of 2009"
AFA Hall Of Fame "Class of 2010"
American Football News Hall of Fame "Class of 2011"

Re: AFNT AA Ranking for games played through July 28th

one question mr. morris lol but i wanted to know, why is there teams with a loss over undefeated teams. for instance the crush and crusaders are in double digets but other teams with 1 or 2 losses ahead of them in the rankings. just a question

Or why the KY Xtreme wouldn't be in the top 25 by now but there's teams that the Xtreme has beat ranked in there not to mention teams with more losses than the Xtreme ranked in this ranking. Another argument would be the only unavenged loss the Xtreme has is ranked in YOUR top 5, which was only a 1 pt loss. Your rankings are flawed. #GARBAGE

Also how can a 3-0 chicago thunder team be ranked over a 5 - 0 wolfpack team, when the rush has already given up more points in less amount of gms? #once again GARBAGE

OCHO-5
one question mr. morris lol but i wanted to know, why is there teams with a loss over undefeated teams. for instance the crush and crusaders are in double digets but other teams with 1 or 2 losses ahead of them in the rankings. just a question

Hell I'm trying to figure out how you can be in the top ten period especially at this point in the summer/fall season with a loss period.

OCHO-5

The Racine Raiders are 4-1 (their loss being a preseaon loss) and would beat the brakes off of either the crusaders or crush. MSFL, HFL are just plain tougher. Not talking shit but it is what is. CRFL is the weakest league, if you don't like it, then go to a higher leagues and play to find out in person.

Common Sense
OCHO-5

The Racine Raiders are 4-1 (their loss being a preseaon loss) and would beat the brakes off of either the crusaders or crush. MSFL, HFL are just plain tougher. Not talking shit but it is what is. CRFL is the weakest league, if you don't like it, then go to a higher leagues and play to find out in person.

Even going with your theory most of the teams would still not deserve to be ranked where they are at. But your theory is flawed. Any team can be beat be any other team from another league on any giving Saturday. Proven example would be the Tornados, who are a AAA team. They lost preseason games to AA teams. Does this make them any less of a team? NO. Because I'm pretty sure they would beat the breaks off of most teams in the MSFL. So all this your league is soft and this league is better crap is for the birds. Each and every leage has power house teams and crap teams. And the rankings should be based on your record and performance on how the cards are dealt to you in your league. So reevaluate your common sense and add this post to it.

who dat
Common Sense
OCHO-5

Even going with your theory most of the teams would still not deserve to be ranked where they are at. But your theory is flawed. Any team can be beat be any other team from another league on any giving Saturday. Proven example would be the Tornados, who are a AAA team. They lost preseason games to AA teams. Does this make them any less of a team? NO. Because I'm pretty sure they would beat the breaks off of most teams in the MSFL. So all this your league is soft and this league is better crap is for the birds. Each and every leage has power house teams and crap teams. And the rankings should be based on your record and performance on how the cards are dealt to you in your league. So reevaluate your common sense and add this post to it.

The simple fact that you are trying to consider the crush and the crusaders as 'power house' teams makes you an idiot! Not sure how the tornados got into this convo since they are AAA. Let's leave them there. Common sense tells you that the crusaders/crush are not be in the same ball park as teams like the Raiders, Thunder, Lima Warriors.

im with who dat, on this one. I am tired of people saying how week of a league this league is or that league. I played in the MSFL for two years, and there are teams in that league that teams like the cards, crus, spartans, vipers, crush, and revo would beat the brakes off. The only reason some people play in leagues are because they are closer to home, and its cheaper to play, its not that talent level.I know for a fact ive played against players this year in the CRFL and many of them could go start for any team and be productive in the msfl, I did it on two bumb knees for two years, and made it to the all star. yea I was third team, but 3rd team with 2 bad knees, come on man. not disrespecting the MSFL cause I went there because I wanted to play higher level competition and say I did it, but to say they are just so superior ova everyone in the CRFL is straight trash talk. So everyone get off that our league is tougher mess. I wanted a exact reason why it was like that, to just get the idea of why, not to bash mr. morris cause hes a good freind, and not to say his rankings are garbage, I wanted to know real reason why, but to all do respect if any one even my fellow buddy and past teammate mr. morris say because of the leagues so much better, imma scream lol. P.S. IF U REALLY WANNA LOOK AT RANKINGS CHECK OUT THE BCS RANKINGS ALSO, cause they do the same, but I bet u wont say they garbage rankings. SO STEP OFF MR. MORRIS, he has a good reason for the rankings, lol but MR. HOF they bet not be because of how much the leagues are more superior lol

Common Sense
who dat
Common Sense
OCHO-5

The simple fact that you are trying to consider the crush and the crusaders as 'power house' teams makes you an idiot! Not sure how the tornados got into this convo since they are AAA. Let's leave them there. Common sense tells you that the crusaders/crush are not be in the same ball park as teams like the Raiders, Thunder, Lima Warriors.

And how do u know this Common sense, how do u know they are not in the ball park with those other teams,have u seen the any of the top 3 teams in the crfl as in the CRUSH, CRUSADERS, OR CARDINALS PLAY, i think not or u wouldnt be saying that. People need to stop talkin bout what they dont know, until either of them teams actually play no one truly knows because on any given sunday. Just like years ago the dolphins was garbage, no way they could keep up with the patriots, yet they beat them twice in one year. the year when they only won like 4 games 2 was the patriots. NO ONE KNOws what could happen until they play, and if they will never play everyone needs to hush with that mess about who can and can not beat who period. generals were beat by a crfl team during preseason, tornados, which is hands down top 2 team in indiana was beat by a AA TEAM in preseason also. So it got nothin to do with the league as I stated earlier or the talent level period. ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY and if ur a tru football player u would know that and understand that, and stop trying to down a league or team u never played against or watch play

OCHO-5
Common Sense
who dat
Common Sense
OCHO-5

And how do u know this Common sense, how do u know they are not in the ball park with those other teams,have u seen the any of the top 3 teams in the crfl as in the CRUSH, CRUSADERS, OR CARDINALS PLAY, i think not or u wouldnt be saying that. People need to stop talkin bout what they dont know, until either of them teams actually play no one truly knows because on any given sunday. Just like years ago the dolphins was garbage, no way they could keep up with the patriots, yet they beat them twice in one year. the year when they only won like 4 games 2 was the patriots. NO ONE KNOws what could happen until they play, and if they will never play everyone needs to hush with that mess about who can and can not beat who period. generals were beat by a crfl team during preseason, tornados, which is hands down top 2 team in indiana was beat by a AA TEAM in preseason also. So it got nothin to do with the league as I stated earlier or the talent level period. ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY and if ur a tru football player u would know that and understand that, and stop trying to down a league or team u never played against or watch play

My simple argument is this: Take the Crusaders for instance...How in the HELL can you call them a powerhouse??? They have barely won their games in the CRFL. The Lima Warriors, Chicago Thunder - how many NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS have they won? As you count them, you will have proven my point. How many CRFL teams have even been INVITED to play for a National Championship?

this thread wasnt about who is a powerhouse or not, this is about why someone was ranked over someone else. 2ndly you are goin on past things, yes thunder, raiders, and lima have numerous ships, but the CRFL is a new league i think is what 2-3 years old and the teams are also, so u cant use the past. the thing that gets people is saying its because of the league and talent level and thats false 1st off. 2ndly dont matter what they did last year, no team who has a loss, and gives up more points and hasnt scored more points than a undefeated team should be ova that undefeated team, and if so not by many spots like they are, unless there is a good reason for it, thats what im saying. thats why i wanted to know why what goes on when the rankings gets done, and how so could understand, but just because they did something last year dont mean nothin bout this year. but hey thers always a argument bout rankings in the COLLEGE BCS so hey guess there will be one with these rankings to. KEEP UP THE WORK MR. MORRIS HOF

American Football News Today determines rankings as follows:

1.Over all strength of a team's league and past accomplishments. Time league has been operating is also important.

2.Point differential: Difference between points scored and allowed.

That is at the bottom of our Rankings page.

is there a website for this rankings

ranking
is there a website for this rankings

http://hometeamsonline.com/teams/?u=americanfootballnewstoday&s=football&t=c There you will see the AAA and the AA rankings.

[
My simple argument is this: Take the Crusaders for instance...How in the HELL can you call them a powerhouse??? They have barely won their games in the CRFL. The Lima Warriors, Chicago Thunder - how many NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS have they won? As you count them, you will have proven my point. How many CRFL teams have even been INVITED to play for a National Championship?[/quote]

this is the CRFL's second season and the league champion gets an invite to play for the national championship this year

this is the CRFL's second season and the league champion gets an invite to play for the national championship this year[/quote]

That is a laugh. The winner of the CRFL would be lucky to go .500 in the HFL/GDFL/MSFL. Good luck with that! How does the CRFL automatically get an invite? Because they are that established or tough? THANKS FOR THE JOKE!

Look the CRLF does not get an automatic bid for a national championship, it is an automatic midwest bowl bid where the winner of the CRFL plays the winner of the NFFL, the winner of that gets a AA national championship bowl bid. Now mr common sense, I think you played for a team that when started up there was no small market league so the team you played for had their rear ends handed to them. The CRFL deserves much respect for allowing smaller teams to have a place to go, call the league weak, this that and the other, do words really matter?? Now lets use our head, preseason, crusaders beat the nighthawks, an MSFL team who is doing fairly good for being a first year team in that league. The Revos beat the Gennerals by a large margin. The cardinals played in the IFL and I believe the MSFL too. Spartans are made up of teams from IFL and MSFL, the crush defeated a good team from cinci twice in preseason, but you call this league weak. No my friend, I think weak is you intelligence. remember their teams can only have a max of 45 players as well. So before anybody wants to bash the crfl again you need to think twice. No excuses for any other teams loss or wins either. Quit hatin and do what you all say you do and love the game for what it is. Stop hatin on leagues and teams for their league. CRFL deserves a round of applause for helping these smaller market/start up teams.

like I said before these rankings are a joke. Its mainly based on prestige and not your actual performance during the inseason play. This is not a preseason ranking yet it is treated as such. Someone has to be a loser and someone has to be a winner in every league and this isn't one league that is superior that the next out here till all the teams are playing cross league games to prove it. And the few cross league games that have been played so far this yr, my theory has been proven that the supposed best team based on their league, has lost. Does it make them a weaker team no not neccessarily. They just lost that day and the team they just played that yr has obviously proved themselves to be the better opponent. For many yrs Racine has been considered a AAA team in the NAFL. If its all that why not continue to call them such? Because of the league they're in! Well that's crap because its the same ppl behind the curtain running things and its the same players playing. Just a different opponent. And that doesn't change anything abt them. What matters is are you beating the teams that are put in fron of you, and how well are you beating them. What also matters is how many times you have lost in that season, and how bad did you lose to the teams that are beating you based on that teams current yrs performance. NOT what league your in, or how long that leagues been around, or how long a team has been around. That's retarded. #flawed rankings

You might as well say west central wildcats don't belong in the rankings at all since they lost to a team that's first yr and apparently don't deserve ranking, and according to mr. Dennis theory is not worthy enough because they're a first yr team in a supposed non power league. But we all know the Wildcats are a good team so they're up there. The Xtreme plays in the same division as the Cutters and Wildacats and has beat them both. Two good programs that has championships under their belts and wouldn't be recognized in this ranking???? They lost to a top 5 ranked Noble Co team by 1 pt, which the Xtreme was up 21 - 6 in the 4th qtr on. But Oh wait the Xtreme can't be ranked because their first yr and they're not in the MSFL,HFL,NEFL,NFFL. (Sarcasm). Has played a tough road thus fan and has performed and yet we sit here and look at teams in other league with 3 or 4 losses on the season, with almost 200 plus points scored on them in the season ranked. # your rankings are proven garbage. Reevaluate how you rank teams and come back to us later.

Coach Josh
Look the CRLF does not get an automatic bid for a national championship, it is an automatic midwest bowl bid where the winner of the CRFL plays the winner of the NFFL, the winner of that gets a AA national championship bowl bid. Now mr common sense, I think you played for a team that when started up there was no small market league so the team you played for had their rear ends handed to them. The CRFL deserves much respect for allowing smaller teams to have a place to go, call the league weak, this that and the other, do words really matter?? Now lets use our head, preseason, crusaders beat the nighthawks, an MSFL team who is doing fairly good for being a first year team in that league. The Revos beat the Gennerals by a large margin. The cardinals played in the IFL and I believe the MSFL too. Spartans are made up of teams from IFL and MSFL, the crush defeated a good team from cinci twice in preseason, but you call this league weak. No my friend, I think weak is you intelligence. remember their teams can only have a max of 45 players as well. So before anybody wants to bash the crfl again you need to think twice. No excuses for any other teams loss or wins either. Quit hatin and do what you all say you do and love the game for what it is. Stop hatin on leagues and teams for their league. CRFL deserves a round of applause for helping these smaller market/start up teams.

Im not trying to BASH any league or team, just giving my opinion think it is funny when people try and call the crush/crusaders powerhouses when they havent proven anything. OR ARE WE NOT ALLOWED TO GIVE ANY OPINION ANYMORE FOR FEAR THAT SUPAFAN IS GOING TO CALL ME IP ADDRESS OUT? And for the record, the crusaders didnt play the nighthawks in the preseason, they played the eagles, a team now extinct, and the nighthawks are 0-3, how is that a good start? When did the Cardinals play in the MSFL? What MSFL teams are the Spartans made out of? And why no mention of the HFL? Who decided that the CRFL plays the NFFL for a SHIP bid? NOT TALKING SHIT, JUST SEEKING WISDOM!

FYI: you might think you know who i am cause your supafan buddies share IP addresses of people that post with their friends, but truth be told I dont even play football, just like to follow the game and enjoy going to different ball fields each week watching GOOD football games, which I dont see when I go to CRFL games. So tell Supafan to stop sharing people's IP addresses. That shit is whack.

Supafan doesn't share anything with me. And I was incorrect about the Crusaders preseason game. But the nighthawks arent a weak team, they hung in there with the generals and the Mid-state steel. They were blown away by the lyons but that is a great ball team. The CRFL has had many great games. Crusader vs Spartans game, crusader vs cardinals, crusader vs revolutions both times, the spartans vs cardinals game and the first blitz vs cardinals game. These were all great games. Very intense games fought to the end. Now one thing to take into consideration is this is semi-pro football, teams can change year to year. Now as for power houses, I dont think any first year team can be considered a power house unless they are blowing every team they play out of the water. First year teams go through a thing call "growing pains" and players become discouraged when this happens which is what hurts first year teams. Now my team has and is going through growing pains and we are working through it. We have lost 2 games but only by a combined 16 points. Now I don't think that is bad. Do I think we are a power house, no not yet, we have things to improve on, do I feel we are a good solid team? absolutely, but could we develop this well as team in another league, maybe but not likely. The CRFL is there for start up teams and smaller market teams. This allows for teams to develop and go through their growing pains and still make it. Now there are some dominate teams in the CRFL and some weaker teams. But this also goes for every league. The eagles and destroyers may have made it through the season if they were in the CRFL but it is hard to get blown out of the water week after week and survive.

[/quote]The simple fact that you are trying to consider the crush and the crusaders as 'power house' teams makes you an idiot! Not sure how the tornados got into this convo since they are AAA. Let's leave them there. Common sense tells you that the crusaders/crush are not be in the same ball park as teams like the Raiders, Thunder, Lima Warriors.[/quote]

It's funny that you say this Mr. Common Sense!! Let me throw some facts out there for you. The Revolution, which is a CRFL team, beat the Generals 38-20(Might be wrong on the score) a MSFL Team. The Generals just lost to the Thunder 19-17 during their 2nd week. You mean to tell me that the ORIGINAL Revolution wouldn't belong on the same field as the Thunder?

The Crusaders beat the Revolution on 2 different occasions this season, one which they should have loss but a win is a win. The same Revolution team that beat the Generals 38-20. The same Generals that only lost to the Thunder 19-17. You mean to tell me that the Crusaders don't belong on the same field as the Thunder?

I'm not going to sit here and call either team a "POWER HOUSE" but to say that these teams don't belong in the same category as teams like the Thunder or the Generals because they play in the CRFL is preposterous. I would bet that if any of the top CRFL teams played in the IFL, MSFL they would compete and would go over .500.

Teams change every year. Take the Generals for example: They we almost unstoppable last year. A few players retired and a few left. Now look at them. They are still competitive but are .333 team so far this year. It's a "what have you done for me lately mentality." I could care less what you have done in the past, it's what you have done in the 2012 season. Good luck to all teams this Saturday