supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Catching wind of a new team in Indy for next year

Indiana Outlaws, anyone else here anything on them?

Re: Catching wind of a new team in Indy for next year

Please not another one, this is the last thing that is needed

From what ive heard, a very dedicated owner with financial backing, thats just hear say though. Could be a good thing considering all that has happened thus year so far

Footballtalk
From what ive heard, a very dedicated owner with financial backing, thats just hear say though. Could be a good thing considering all that has happened thus year so far

Players beware. This only hurts semi-pro. INDY is big, but can it really sustain more than 5 semi-pro teams?

Generals
Mustangs
Nighthawks
Crusaders
Tornados

OUTLAWS, ROCKETS, MINERS, PLEASE STAY AWAY.

DO WE REALLY NEED MORE??? I say PLEASE NO! It takes more than MONEY to run a LEGIT TEAM.

My point is we hear this every yr, a legit, straight shooter with good business skills and ties to the next level wants to roll the dice and yr after yr these teams come and go, and only a few remain. You know yr in and yr out the Nados are going to be here, the Mustangs are going to be here, the Generals are here, outside of that these teams just pop up and then they are gone. The NightHawks look like they will be around but we gotta make it through the season and then through off season because that is what kills young teams that have a rough start, that off season. I am rooting for them to make some noise though, but this other stuff needs to stop

I have to agree that Indianapolis does not need another team. However we all know that a new team will be statrted. So I say this to you "new team". 1.You should pick up the phone and call the Tornadoes,Generals,wildacts,wolfpack,Mustangs and cutters. Ask them as many questions as you can to find out what it takes to keep a team going for five plus years.
2. Make sure you have a very solid group of people to do all the grunt work.
3. You must get a real coaching staff. Starting with a head coach. Make sure these guys understand what semipro football is all about.
4. get the right group of players. You will need to get 25 guys to build a true foundation.
5. Pick the league that is right for your team.
6. Have fun thats what this game is about.

I hear where your coming from, if you ask me.... All the teams in Indy should be in there own division to keep play in the city,,,, will make room for new teams to play, by telling new teams to stay out isn't fair to a team that has potential to do well

Footballtalk
I hear where your coming from, if you ask me.... All the teams in Indy should be in there own division to keep play in the city,,,, will make room for new teams to play, by telling new teams to stay out isn't fair to a team that has potential to do well

It is not that we are telling a team that they can not play, by all means if you have the means, will, wisdom, guidance and desire then do it, what we are saying is we have seen the destroyers, who had nice talent fold, the eagles fold, yellowjackets, scorps and im sure a few others that have all come an gone in less than 2yrs and that is only hurting the game. We have so much talent here but we lack unity and a common goal, if we had guys that were ok with being cold knock out special teams players, guys that did not feel the need to be the star and were willing to really split time and coaches that were really going to coach these guys in that manner, man, we could have a solid team in every league right here in Indy....Lets just say for the sake of argument You have the Nados in the league they are in the Generals in the league they are in and the Mustangs in the IFL, all the players choosing between those 3 teams from all the other surrounding teams like the Nighthawks and the Crusades, not knocking either of these teams just used them because the other 3 have been around yr in and yr out, can you imagine what this city could do in those leagues? Or even if you had the Generals and the Mustangs stay in the same league with the Nados in their league, we could really do some damage, but that wont happen because we have too many folks that want to lead but unwilling to follow, too many ppl that want to be the team instead of just being apart of the team. Let me tell you something, if you trying to make it to whatever you deem to be the next level, it is far more difficult to make it on a team where you are the only thang smoking but losing as opposed to being apart of a dominant force...Could you imagine Jun and Luther at safeties....Burton and T West runnning the rock, Troy, B Will, J Fears, D Self, Mack and other WR all rotating in and or running a spread O....crazy, im not even gonna name the folks on d line and lb, LORD.... I Wish

Dre your right that would be great but players play for a team for their own reasons. Like travel, coaches or even uniforms smh lol. Their are some really good coaches that would make a great coaching staff but to many guys want to be the head coach and be the man just likke players want to be the man.I could name a great coaching staff and team but it all starts at the top with owners. We say it every year but it never happens. Put a few super teams together and open a can of whoop ass on a few leagues.