supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
a "no chump" league

I propose that a league of proven teams combine as one league or all enter the national conference. My thoughts are as follows:

Tornados, Wildcats, Generals, Wolfpack, Cardinals, Extreme, Mustangs, Enforcers, Thunderhawks, Crusaders, Cutters and Revolution.

What a super conference this would be for the most part great challenging games each week. Solid ownership and if someone ran the table probably and automatic bid to a national title game.

What are YOUR thoughts? Would everyone set up if presented to them? They all think they are the best of the best so PROVE IT week in and week out!

Re: a "no chump" league

Them would be some good ass games every week!!

Eye say how could we lose by doing this. Marketable games and plenty of money to be made. Says Eye!

It would be the greatest thing to ever happend to Indiana semi pro football I say let's make it happen at least bring it to the table of the owners

Eye say the big problem is agreeing on which league to affiliate with. Eye want to hear thoughts about this. Says Eye!

Eye

Eye in the Sky
Eye say the big problem is agreeing on which league to affiliate with. Eye want to hear thoughts about this. Says Eye!

Eye

Yes Ear is still here. Ear likes this idea, but getting it to work is near impossible. Ear has another idea. What is INSPF created a 'Coaches Poll' where each coach from said teams ranks said teams and include others. Coaches are NOT allowed to vote for their own team. At the end of the year, the top 8 enter into a playoff system and battle it out in October for the undisputed #1! Host games in Indy have a super weekend where you have a double header on Saturday, a double header on Sunday. Following week, double header on Saturday. Following week CHAMPIONSHIP. Winner plays in Florida representing Indiana. Thinly of the fan base for these games. Ear says this would achieve the ultimate goal AND allow teams to continue to play in their selected conferences.

Ear

Ear-

Interesting premise but why would you go to Florida for the championship game? Play it here where the fans base is located and avoid travel costs. We could cut additional costs by renting a facility for the day: Game 1 @ 10 am; Game 2 at 1:15 pm, Game 3 at 4:30 pm and Game 4 at 8:00 pm.

Thoughts?

Tornados GM

PS- The Tornados are 8-0 after our 42-0 win over GDFL #16 and ranked #5 nationally in the GDFL. This site consistently shows us with one less win. Accurate information would need to be given to the coaches for a coaches poll. The coaches poll could be in additional to this site's poll.

Tornados GM
Ear-

Interesting premise but why would you go to Florida for the championship game? Play it here where the fans base is located and avoid travel costs. We could cut additional costs by renting a facility for the day: Game 1 @ 10 am; Game 2 at 1:15 pm, Game 3 at 4:30 pm and Game 4 at 8:00 pm.

Thoughts?

Tornados GM

PS- The Tornados are 8-0 after our 42-0 win over GDFL #16 and ranked #5 nationally in the GDFL. This site consistently shows us with one less win. Accurate information would need to be given to the coaches for a coaches poll. The coaches poll could be in additional to this site's poll.

Tornados GM : You are correct as to playing a championship game closer than in Florida would help, but how would you convince other teams outside of Indiana to NOT go to Florida? Where would you hold it? Somewhere in the Midwest? Also, Ear would recommend that ALL teams that want to be considered pay a small fee, this would keep people from ending a season and then NOT fulfilling their obligation of the INBCS games. This should definitely be tabled and considered. What better way than to make EVERY GAME mean something, make the rankings mean something, and uplift INSPF. What teams would consider this? All teams are invited to give their POSITIVE thoughts.

Ear

Eye think this could happen. Here is a thought. Affliate with three leagues. The 1st place team can be dumped into league A's playoffs. #2 into league B and so on. Eye think pulling this off would be the craziest more radical thing ever in Indiana Semi Pro. That way we help each other, games should be packed and we govern and close ranks in Indiana. We all would eat. We would crown an Indiana Champion then proceed to win other leagues. Says Eye!

I understand that as a Michigan team with limited onfield success recently, we get overlooked often...but if the discussion is about "proven teams", I give you the fact that we are in our fifth season, we average crowds of over 500 fans at our home games and play at a facility that is second-to-none in minor league football. I think we deserve to be included in this conversation. Anyone that has made the trip north to visit us will attest that we try to "do it right".

hey dummy you forgot one ohio crush football we will play with anyone

to the mich, and ohio crush coach. If u would look and read, its not about established teams or what ever you think u are being left out of. It is indiana teams. Thats why they say INSPF, you are not from indiana, no one are saying yall not good, u wasnt mentioned because you are not from indiana.

Sorry, Ocho-5. I could have sworn that this post was about establishing a 'no chump league', regardless of state. Perhaps you'd rather invite the Indiana Eagles and Indianapolis Destroyers into the discussion. Wait...they couldn't last four games into their first season...but they ARE from Indiana.

When Ear says INSPF Ear refers to ALL teams within the INSPF rankings. If teams pay their fees and would like to be apart of the INSPF BCS then allow them to do so. Ear thinks fees are necessary to keep teams from backing out at the end of the year. Help pay for trophies, awards, field and ref costs, etc. If each team pays $200 - that is $5,000. That should more than cover costs for the SUPER BCS WEEKENDS. Any leftovers could be donated to the organization that wins it to help pay for their National Championship travel expenses (wherever they play) The only thing Ear thinks would be a problem would be that teams from Ohio and Michigan would have to travel further to central Indiana to play in the BCS Tourney. However, if they would like to travel then so be it. Ear see the Generals offered Roncalli as a host site. Any other teams willing to offer their field? Ear thinks all should be considered.

Ear thinks that ALL INSPF teams should be allowed to give their oppinions and be allowed to help build this into something great each year! Make the rankings counts. Make each game count. Give every team regardless of conference a similar goal. Build healthy rivals and build semi-pro football for the future.

Ear is close to several teams across the conferences and would love to see this happen. Ear suggests that EACH TEAM contacts Ear to get this ball rolling for 2013.

Email me with your contact information and let's see who is truly interested. When different leagues, and teams work together by putting their egos aside for the better good of the entire INSPF community, Ear thinks a lot of positive can be accomplished.

WHO IS IN?

Ear is out

Blaze GM
Sorry, Ocho-5. I could have sworn that this post was about establishing a 'no chump league', regardless of state. Perhaps you'd rather invite the Indiana Eagles and Indianapolis Destroyers into the discussion. Wait...they couldn't last four games into their first season...but they ARE from Indiana.
blaze gm you talk to much no wonder why your team suck cause you on supafan everyday talking shit. Trying making the play offs for once you cry baby ass bitch!

The last ship the Blaze was in they got beat so bad they ran from the league but then some others did as well then when the pickin's looked easy they all back.Funny as hell they all on here talking like they are the bomb.

Eye started to get him, but Eye see someone beat me too it! Don't you just love the part where he took a shot at "INDIANA" teams. Eye feel somebody is talkin' slick. Eye say pump your brakes Sir! Elite, your team is not! Says Eye!

Eye

Tornados GM

I will check the schedule and e-mail you with any questions. I will say the GDFL site makes it very hard to get any information about their league's schedule, standings, or even what teams are in it. Please pass that along to your league leadership. It is not fan friendly at all.

An excellent idea, but here are my thoughts with it.

1) Not every team is going to want to participate - so the $5000 is already mis-budgeted.
2) The scheduling would have to be thought through. We have some leagues entering playoffs, while some teams are just half way through their season.
3) There are already so many post season opportunities out there. The Football News National Championships, the BCS Championships and bowl games, All Star this and that. Bowl games... Do we really want another one?
4) Someone would have to step up and take lead in effort, and it can't be behind any name such as Ear, INSPF, or Eye. Its going to have to be a real person with credibility and integrity, especially with $200 entry fees, stadium scheduling, and roster verification.

I would have no problems running a coaches poll and putting it on this site. This site has been, and always will be used to promote INdiana Semi Pro Football.

If all the teams in Indiana cannot play in the same league, this might be the next best thing. INSPF is behind this movement 100%

INSPF
An excellent idea, but here are my thoughts with it.

1) Not every team is going to want to participate - so the $5000 is already mis-budgeted.
2) The scheduling would have to be thought through. We have some leagues entering playoffs, while some teams are just half way through their season.
3) There are already so many post season opportunities out there. The Football News National Championships, the BCS Championships and bowl games, All Star this and that. Bowl games... Do we really want another one?
4) Someone would have to step up and take lead in effort, and it can't be behind any name such as Ear, INSPF, or Eye. Its going to have to be a real person with credibility and integrity, especially with $200 entry fees, stadium scheduling, and roster verification.

I would have no problems running a coaches poll and putting it on this site. This site has been, and always will be used to promote INdiana Semi Pro Football.

If all the teams in Indiana cannot play in the same league, this might be the next best thing. INSPF is behind this movement 100%

If teams would not want to join then of course they would not pay the money to get in. You are only doing a disservice to your team by NOT joining. Why not strive to be the best of the best. The $5,000 should be WAY more than enough to hold such an event. Let’s give a brief budget and see if people agree on the costs.

Estimates at a NICE TURF field

5 Refs for a game - $500
Field Costs a game - $850
Promotion Double Header - $100

$1450 a game. However, if you have a double header it would look a little like this.

5 Refs for Double Header - $800
Field for Double Header - $1250
Promotion Double Header - $100

That takes it down to $1075 a game. Take the equivalent of 3 double headers to play the games and that’s $3,225. If a BCS committee of PROVEN individuals worked together to build this thing, then Ear is sure you could get investors to sponsor this and make it an even BIGGER event for the players playing and for INSPF as a whole.

Ear is working on a few people to see if they will take the charge on this idea. No stacking of teams, and rosters MUST be checked vigorously. Ear cannot do this, nor can EYE or any hidden identity, and let's face it, Ear likes to be Ear.

Ear is out

Ear, you forgot the photographer fee, but good effort nonetheless! ;)

dont forget bout the spartans. we have played with everyteam we have faced.

Thank you reminding me that it a total waste of my time here, trying to have a rational discussion with someone with the writing skills of a third-grader...

Eye will take the lead on this. @Blaze GM. Eye really feel that you come across as Sophmoric at best. As a GM, Eye would expect you to be a lot more savvy than what you are showing. 1st, you totally took the thought of Indiana organizing personally. Eye seriously don't think it was a knock to teams in Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky, Wisconsin, or OHIO. In the famous words of the JOKER, "WHY SO SERIOUS?" Eye think if and when Indiana gets out of it's own way and ORGANIZE, we will truly bring stability to the Rust Belt. We are the Crossroads. We are the pin wheel. No doubt, but we also bicker in this state way too much for my liking. Eye say Blaze GM, it isn not about you. It is much bigger! Says EYE!

Eye

I totally understand, Eye, and I appreciate your insight. I merely responded to the original post: "I propose that a league of proven teams combine as one league or all enter the national conference. My thoughts are as follows: Tornados, Wildcats, Generals, Wolfpack, Cardinals, Extreme, Mustangs, Enforcers, Thunderhawks, Crusaders, Cutters and Revolution."

I think we qualify as a "proven team" far more than some mentioned, that's all. For my input, I get called a "cry baby ass bitch" and get ripped for falling to the Generals in the 2010 IFL Championship, after beating the Hitmen and the Wolfpack (on their field) in the playoffs that year. That tells me all I need to know about some of the participants in this discussion.

@ Blaze GM, I just wanted to correct you on your facts about beating both Hitmen and Wolfpack on their fields that post season, actually that year, the Hitmen had to play on the road in Battle Creek even after beating you guys at their home field, then traveled on the road and lost a very close but very, very good game...

@ Blaze GM, I just wanted to correct you on your facts about beating both Hitmen and Wolfpack on their fields that post season, actually that year, the Hitmen had to play on the road in Battle Creek even after beating you guys at their home field, then traveled on the road and lost a very close but very, very good game...

That's why I wrote FIELD, not FIELDS and placed it after the mention of the Wolfpack. We had two great games with both squads in 2010, regular season and playoffs. We just happened to have one the two playoff games...

We're getting off-track here, with typos and poor logic in argumentative defense.

Please let this thread go. Who cares if largely annonymous messageboard posters give your program respect? The opinions that matter are those of the teams you share the field and the fans that watch your games.