supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vipers kicked out of CRFL

At this time the Miami County Vipers have been expelled from the Crossroads Football League due to multiple infractions of roster violations throughout the season while on probation with directive that any additional roster rule violations would result in expulsion from the league.

This past weekend #17 of the Vipers was ejected from the game due to fighting. He reported to the ref that his name was Victor Lewis. Shortly after the game, the Vipers Owner and Coach, Isaiah Hoard called the commissioner of the league to report that the player had lied to the ref and his real name was Chris Walker. Two eye witnesses reported, one from each team reported that the Vipers had called him Vic while removing him from the field.

In a phone call Monday the Vipers owner responded that he knew no one by the name Vic or Victor who played on his team, and that he had two Chris Walkers on his roster.

Upon future investigation, Photos of both Chris Walkers were obtained and compared to photos and video of #17 at the Vipers practice and 3 different games this season. No matches could be made. Additionally eye witness accounts including the referees fit the descriptions of #17 match that photos of Victor Lewis. 5 current Vipers listed on the Vipers roster have verified the Victor Lewis is on the roster including a team captain. Chris Walker #1, was informed he was cut Wednesday afternoon in order to get down to 25 players, the limit a team must reach in order to add players. He wasn’t at the game this past weekend and wore #82 at this last game vs the Crusaders, and that he never wore #17.

Through the last 5 days the Isaiah was given an opportunity to present any evidence including photos, film, or IDs of #17 at last weekend’s game and has only produced a range of excuses from why certain people are out to get him to he doesn’t have the resources to film or photograph games. He and his wife have also produced written and verbal threats to sue the league for various reasons.

The fact remains since the beginning of the season after refusal to follow the roster rules and defiantly going against an owners vote, the Vipers organization has shown little to no interest in following the roster rules, while the rest of the team in the league have complied. This past weekend the Vipers were caught, due to an ejection for fighting no less, and have only tried to cover up their mistake, instead of admitting it. #17 was not the player who Isaiah said he was, and Victor Lewis has never been listed on the Vipers roster. The Miami County Vipers has lost the trust of the rest of the league owners in their ability to play a game of football, fairly and without incident, and have voted to remove the Vipers from the league effective imminently as stated by the sanctioned probation placed on the Vipers after Week 1 of the 2012 Season.

Further, Isaiah is banned from all league events and will receive a lifetime ban ever participating in the league as a player, coach , or owner.

As stated in the bylaws, the Tri-County Raiders will receive the win for Week 8 vs the Vipers due to ineligible player participation by the Vipers.

Re: Vipers kicked out of CRFL

Before anyone gets on here and bashes the CRFL, just note that Ear thinks this is a bad day for football. Teams IN ANY LEAGUE need to hold themselves accountable to the rules they are governed by. The Vipers not only let down their players, their fans, the other CRFL teams, but to the the entire semi-pro world. Ear hopes that this serves as a reminder to all, "When noone else is looking, do what is right and hold yourselves to accountable to the mirror." People need to take a good look at themselves, for Ear fears this isnt the only team (not just the CRFL) that is doing things when noone is looking. Ear urges all to do what is right and all will be well in SEMI-PRO LAND.

Ear is out.

RIP VIPERS.

IF THEY HAVE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS WHY CAN'T THE LEAGUE POST THAT SHIT...CAUSE THERE'S NO EVIDENCE...ITS ALL HE SAID THIS AND HE SAID THAT...THIS IS ALL BULLSHIT AND THEY KNOW IT IS...AND THE INCIDENT THAT HAPPEN SATURDAY WASN'T EVEN SERIOUS...OUR ROSTER WAS LEGIT...THE RAIDERS COACH THOUGHT THEY WAS GOING TO BEAT US BUT THE TABLES WERE TURNED AND WE GOT THE WIN...TO ME THEY COULD OF LET US PLAY OUT THE LAST 2 GAMES AND NOT LET US GO TO THE PLAYOFFS...BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS LET'S SEE SOME EVIDENCE!!

Dont know about the details of this, but I will say it is far less important than physical violence. I recommend everyone leave the Crusaders and Force to play among each other and join the IFL next year.

Does it really matter. The Vipers were bound to be kick out eventually. It isn't just the roster problems, but also the fact they have had violent matters happen as well. A lot of threat and the Raiders coach says a gun was seen at the last game, true or not I dont know but that is some serious accusations. All I know it the Vipers owner and players show absolute disregard for rules in general. Also remember the Vipers owner had a big problem last year through the off season with the mad river stallions owner, to which he also mad threats. Banning this team is sad as it is when any team is banned but it is a necessary move on behalf of the CRFL to maintain a level of authority and become a respectable league. The play offs are just around the corner and this should be a very interesting time in the CRFL for many teams have made many changes and the Vipers being dismissed allows the new Bengals a spot in the playoffs.

Just out of curiousity, since neither team even had 20 players, would that fall under the Small Team Exception?

its dumb hes been playing with us the whole year i dont know how he wouldnt be on our roster. Its just funny our commish and his team can do what ever they want and stay in the league.

Indeed rules are rules and should be inforced, with everyone. But just to add to a previous comment

A. I never seen a gun.

B. If I had been in the Raiders shoes and had seen a gun, I would have quickly dialed 911, especially with all the recent shootings in the nation.

C. This is probably the same coach who at the begining of the third quarter told the refs they were quiting the game, which happened shortly after a Viper TD. Others didnt feel the same way and talked him into finishing the game.

The events leading to the ejections was just your normal shove, shove back personal foul type of penalty. It escalated when a Raider player, not involved in the shoving, speared the Viper player, then things got to a ejection state. I will say the coaches from both sides did a good job of keeping it from escalating into a team brawl.

I dont know what happened in the off season or behind the scenes with the league but I had not heard some of the things that Yuppp had said.

I am very knowledgeable of everything going on in the CRFL. I have communication with almost every owner and am friends with many many players. The person with a firearm during your game was part of the chain gang and threatened to shoot people. This is also why many Raider players left before the game had ended. Things like this is unacceptable in semi-pro period. Both teams should be punished accordingly like the Crusader/Spartans ordeal had shown prior in the season. Since the Vipers were already on probation this incident has the proper result for them and the Raiders should be placed on probation regardless of fault. This is what happened earlier in the year, but it does appear the ruling is already made. I suggest you as a player should try to find a new team to play for next year and stay away from anything associated with the Vipers period.

Hey if you say he has played all year and is on the roster than why not go check the roster. From what I see he is not on there so is that the players fault no. But the league official has to follow the rules and a player not on the roster was played.

thats for the owners to fight about i just know he has been on the team i dont have a say in the roster i just play

I'll bet it was Johnny Gayles - I heard he's too intense!

On another note, the IFL can't seriously be interested in adopting this garbage.

This thing between the Vipers and CRFL is something you dont see everyday. The league was told to remove the "copyrighted" Vipers logo from the website so they replaced it with a cartoon snake. What will happen next?