1 Seed- West Central Wildcats (HOME)
2 Seed- Kentucky Xtreme (Away)

What's everyones predictions?

Final- Xtreme (away) vs Wolfpack (home)
Xtreme for the Ship

Re: IFL Playoff Bracket

Xtreame lost to the tornados last night

There is a problem with this so called bracket. The Cutters have a better record than the Thunderhawks yet they aren't in the plaayoffs. I don't think you know what you are talking about. If the IFL ended right now and took their top 4 teams for playoffs like they normally do, it would be as follows,

Wolfpack, Wildcats, Cutters, Xtreme

The Thunderhawks would not be in the picture because they have not put up as many points as the Xtreme. If the IFL allows the Thunderhawks to go to the playoffs over them I will be highly disappointed and we will be able to say that this is the end of the IFL.

You might be disappointed because it's 2 teams from each division. An that would be 3 south teams.

If a team deserves to go a team deserves to go. The better teams should be the ones in the playoffs, period. This is why the IFL is at its' end. This will piss the Cutters off and I wouldn't blame them if they changed leagues because of it. The Thunderhawks only beat the weak teams.

I can speak for the CRFL - but I am sure the IFL is the same way.

All teams voted on a playoff bracket before the season started. You have to assume that when you start going with division winners, conferences, that some teams will get in that have a worse record over others, but they knew what they had to do to get in the playoffs and got it done.

Some of you act like you don't watch the NFL. AFC West anyone? (Pre #18 taking the ez road to retirement)

Not sure which is worse, not making playoffs in the IFL or high number of canceled games and drama in the CRFL. Since moving up to a league like the MSFL would be bad from a winning stand point, I would have to stick with the IFL and rework playoffs. Either way, good luck to the Cutters, they have a quality organization.

It really sucks for the Cutters playing in the tougher South division. You see this every year in the NFL, a less deserving 9-7/8-8 team making it in the Wildcard with home field advantage and seeing a 10 win or 11 win team not even making the playoffs.

It's the nature of the beast and I'm sure the Cutters knew it would be a dog fight this year as well as the other teams in the South knew.

Cutters have a great organization and they will prevail next year!

Anyone remember the 2010 Seahawks going 7-9 and still making it to the playoffs? Same thing goes the other way. The 96 Broncos went 13-3 and still had to play iin a wild card game. The next year they went 12-4 but again had to get through a wild card game. That's what happens when you have divisions. It's just the nature of it.

Crfl has a great thing going. Winner in each division then then next two with the best records, that is very fair. Cutters have to be pissed when they know they are a better team.

The same thing can happen in the CRFL, you can have a bad division where all the teams lose out of division games and the 2 wildcard teams have better records.

Not true, in the CRFL it is the divisional winners and then the next 2 teams with the best records. so 3 teams from one division can go. That means the best team go period.

Ok, I am posting this because I do want to dead the issue and even though I am sure that it wont, I still need to say it. First off, congrats to the WCW, if I have to lose a game, I want it to be to the defending champs. Heck of a game, we left some points on the field last night and as I told our younger players, you just can not do that and think that you are going to beat championship quality teams with veteran leaders. They showed mad heart and you cant be upset about that. NOW, as for the playoffs, my personal feeling is that I am upset, but not really because of the brackets, we knew what it was going to be and we voted on it so we have to stand behind it; however, I wish that with a league with the amount of teams in it that we have due to many teams folding i believe every team should have been in, number 1 seed in each division would get a bye in the first round, play the winner of that first round game and then have the finals. That is what I would have liked to have seen happen from the moment the Eagles and Destroyers made it known that they were going to fold since that only left us with 6 teams, but we didnt therefore the only people that we are upset with is ourselves because we had a chance to not even be in this position when we went and played the Xtreme, but since we didnt handle business then we were left behind the 8ball last night, and even still we had a great shot, but we blew it. Wish it were different but it isnt, i do appreciate those comments from people saying that we have a quality product because at the end of the day THE GAME is what we care about. We will be back next yr to make some noise. Continue to support your teams out here because we need it

Yuppp
Not true, in the CRFL it is the divisional winners and then the next 2 teams with the best records. so 3 teams from one division can go. That means the best team go period.

Go look at the CRFL standings and tell me if "the best team go period" is true. CRFL is about to have a 1 win team be in the playoffs over the Blitz.

NFL understand that the Bengals are in the Ohio divisional bracket and will most likely end up with 3 wins.

@ nfl...Bengals will have 4 wins unless they lose to Phoenix. Blitz only have 3 u do the math

I guess you guys are missing the point. Mr. Bosworth gave a great example. It's unfortunate for the Cutters but it was obviously voted on. It is completely fair because they knew before the season what they needed to do to move on. Every system has its perks and downfalls, you two just fail to see the Wildcard format flaws.

It is flawed and that is the reason that I felt that something else could have been done, now it is easy for me to say that because we are the ones that fell prey to this, however in all honesty, had it been the Xtreme and another team got in over them I would be saying the same thing, IN THIS SITUATION. Now, if the IFL would have still had the 8 teams or 10 teams that we began with, then yes, you played the games and the original format should stand, but when you lose 4 teams, only leaving you with 6 teams total, I believe that every team should have made it, highest seed could have played the lowest seed, or the 2 teams in 1st place could have had a bye, even if only to give everybody one more game. I mean this was just crazy this yr, We played the Xtreme twice, WCW twice and the Destroyers; 5 games is not something that we planned for and it hurts that our season has been going on since mid june but we only played 5 games....

DreKey #42 of the Indiana Cutters
It is flawed and that is the reason that I felt that something else could have been done, now it is easy for me to say that because we are the ones that fell prey to this, however in all honesty, had it been the Xtreme and another team got in over them I would be saying the same thing, IN THIS SITUATION. Now, if the IFL would have still had the 8 teams or 10 teams that we began with, then yes, you played the games and the original format should stand, but when you lose 4 teams, only leaving you with 6 teams total, I believe that every team should have made it, highest seed could have played the lowest seed, or the 2 teams in 1st place could have had a bye, even if only to give everybody one more game. I mean this was just crazy this yr, We played the Xtreme twice, WCW twice and the Destroyers; 5 games is not something that we planned for and it hurts that our season has been going on since mid june but we only played 5 games....

I have to agree with DreKey on this is is a shame that teams come into a league expecting to have X number of teams in it,
They make their plans for the season and the league in turn set up the season guidelines it is done ia a "board meeting" then because there is NEVER any punishment for a team folding there are a couple teams that fold and now instead of havinf a full league you have only 6 teams left and those six team are all competitive tough teams that want to give their fans the most in a season, why is it that a board meeting or tele-conference can't be done and the format changed by a NEW VOTE so that these teams are not punished AGAIN because of their weak league.
This is a NO BRAINER people and should be a wake up call to all leagues first off if a team committs to a league that league needs to get a pledge signed that if that team folds they are responsible for X amount of money to be paid to the league this could be split among the other teams who got shorted games at homes because of some lame a$$ want a be being allowed to own a team to start with.
Seconly get your heads together and get people running these leagues who actually have a team they are connected with and not people who just want to hang around because they used to have a team.
This situation should already have been taken care with one more playoff game added and ALL TEAMS guarenteed at least one playoff game.

NFL
I guess you guys are missing the point. Mr. Bosworth gave a great example. It's unfortunate for the Cutters but it was obviously voted on. It is completely fair because they knew before the season what they needed to do to move on. Every system has its perks and downfalls, you two just fail to see the Wildcard format flaws.

This is true but they when voted were also voting on a full league with other teams involved that have since folded and have cost these team game revenue and also hurt the name of semi-pro football with these fans.
The adult thing to do would be to ALLOW each team to be in the playoffs and add one game to the playoff schedule.
Everyone always get on here talking about how they want to improve semi-pro and earn respect from fans well here is their chance.
Troy Edwards can step up and be a true President and a leader and make this happen or he can sit back and as usual with this league the same old board members can do their usual and that is nothing and just let things stay the way they are.
I would venture to say that each team in the I.F.L. would welcome a full playoff with each team in it.
Those teams are all competitive and love to do battle so give the fans some football to watch in Bloomington.

VOTE 4 IT, while i agree with you on this topic i will say this one thing, it isnt Troy's job to start such a movement, while it would be great, and it would be what i believe the right thing is, he is here to be an overseer and make sure that what the MAJORITY wants is done. Just being honest, anybody that saw us play this past weekend does not want to see a team like that make it into the playoffs, with the exception of maybe one or two ppl, if that....because truth be told if the Xtreme were rolling and getting things together like that nobody would be sad about them not making it either because the goal here is to win it all, and inviting a dangerous team to play for it all is just that, DANGEROUS. The teams that are supposed to be in the playoffs are in, we had our shot and we are already getting ready for next season. If more ppl in the league felt that something should be done, trust that something would be, but we, as a league, have decided to stand by what WE, including the Cutters, voted on, it just sucks that it came back to bite us....lol

When the Eagles and Destroyers "officially" folded - I presumed that each IFL team would be ranked 1-6 and with all participants making the playoffs (to lengthen an already shortened season). The top seed (overall) would host #6 and so on. It would give teams some cross-over match-ups that otherwise wouldn't take place and allow part of the competition that we all paid for to occur.

This wasn't the case, and like many have mentioned the "season" ended up being a half of schedule at best. If you take a look at our schedule(s) - we had FOUR TEAMS (Hitmen, Mustangs, Destroyers and Eagles) fold before we ever saw them on the field.

That being said - there are six quality organizations in the IFL right now, not many leagues can say that 100% of their participants are solid franchises. We didn't win a league game this year, but we competed each week, offered a first class facility and were able to go 3-0 in non-conference play (two wins coming against the GLFL DII champs).

Good luck and good health to all of the teams still battling in the 2012 season. I've been playing at this level for all but two seasons since 2001 and I'd like to thank each of you for the memories over the past decade.

I would be fine with the current playoff format or what you guys are wanting the only issue I have is why wait until playoff time to bring this up? The six teams that played through the entire season have known that the eagles and destroyers folded weeks ago.. So just because now a team that 'deserves' to be there isn't it is now a problem? If it really bothered a particular team that much it would've been discussed right away and not when they realized they didn't make it. I feel there should be a bylaw in place that if a team(s) were to fold then here is the format for X amount of teams and I would have that in place for each number. So 8 teams would be top 2 teams each divisions, 7 would be bla bla bla, 6 would be bla bla bla, and so on.

wolfpack21
I would be fine with the current playoff format or what you guys are wanting the only issue I have is why wait until playoff time to bring this up? The six teams that played through the entire season have known that the eagles and destroyers folded weeks ago.. So just because now a team that 'deserves' to be there isn't it is now a problem? If it really bothered a particular team that much it would've been discussed right away and not when they realized they didn't make it. I feel there should be a bylaw in place that if a team(s) were to fold then here is the format for X amount of teams and I would have that in place for each number. So 8 teams would be top 2 teams each divisions, 7 would be bla bla bla, 6 would be bla bla bla, and so on.

DP - I wasn't suggesting that the IFL should instantly adopt this format, I just speculated that my initial reaction to the ever-shortening schedule would be to allow all the teams a birth in the post season. We certainly aren't upset that we didn't make the playoffs - we didn't earn it.

Good luck to you guys this weekend and on your run to be IFL champs.

On a side note, I had the pleasure of meeting a certain someone by the initials "AW" that you took to an American Idol concert. For that - I tip my hat to you, sir. Well done.

See you soon and Go 'Pack!

wolfpack21

P, notice the reason that I have continued to say the teams that deserved to be in are the ones that are in.....we had our shot, TWICE, we blew it, TWICE.....the teams voted in the beginning and teams agreed, well some did and some didnt, but that is life, we knew what we had to do and we didnt do it, win 1 game and we are in, however we came up short. My personal feeling is different than my COMPANY MAN feeling, if you catch my drift....My personal feeling is that with a small league ALL the teams should get in and reward the top 2 teams with a bye week; my company man feeling says, whatever the company, as a whole agrees on, is what we should go with, even if it goes against what i would like to see. I want to play the Thunderhawks and the WolfPack, i love these games so of course after having a season cut down like we just had leaves me feeling unsatisfied, but make no mistake, my want is not a slight at any team in the playoffs, i just want the games that we were supposed to get...lol

Yeah Jason and Drekey I was directing that message toward the person who started the thread not you guys. I agree with both of you guys on the subject just wish we would have had alternative solutions for if teams fold in place.

wolfpack21
Yeah Jason and Drekey I was directing that message toward the person who started the thread not you guys. I agree with both of you guys on the subject just wish we would have had alternative solutions for if teams fold in place.

P, you know i got mad respect for you and your team and i already knew where you were going and what you were saying that is the reason that i tried to dead the situation from the jump in the very first post that i had because i knew that it would spread like wildfire and then i just knew some knucklehead was going to get on here claiming to be a Cutters players trying to give air to the flame....i hope next yr things are different with the teams that get in because this is killing our league, we have solid teams, yr in and yr out, but you cant say you have a solid league with only have 2 or 3 solid teams and having 3 or 4 teams folding every yr. Clearly some things just cant be placed at the doorstep of the IFL, who would have thought the Mustangs would not play this yr, nobody from the south thats for sure, we thought the Hitmen were going to be a solid outing as well, as for the Eagles and the Destroyers, i have made some good friends on these teams so i am not going to bask anybody on either, what i will say is there are more than enough teams in the Indianapolis area with the Generals and the Nados, let alone the Mustangs just north, the Crusades and the Nighthawks....next yr we need to make sure solid teams with solid foundations get in.