supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: IFL Playoff Bracket

When the Eagles and Destroyers "officially" folded - I presumed that each IFL team would be ranked 1-6 and with all participants making the playoffs (to lengthen an already shortened season). The top seed (overall) would host #6 and so on. It would give teams some cross-over match-ups that otherwise wouldn't take place and allow part of the competition that we all paid for to occur.

This wasn't the case, and like many have mentioned the "season" ended up being a half of schedule at best. If you take a look at our schedule(s) - we had FOUR TEAMS (Hitmen, Mustangs, Destroyers and Eagles) fold before we ever saw them on the field.

That being said - there are six quality organizations in the IFL right now, not many leagues can say that 100% of their participants are solid franchises. We didn't win a league game this year, but we competed each week, offered a first class facility and were able to go 3-0 in non-conference play (two wins coming against the GLFL DII champs).

I don't know what 2013 will bring, and I have no experience with the new Nighthawks team, but if the IFL could land the Mustangs and somehow lure the Generals back to membership, we'd see a league that would offer both quality and stability while fostering regional play (helping keep cost down).

Good luck and good health to all of the teams still battling in the 2012 season. I've been playing at this level for all but two seasons since 2001 and I'd like to thank each of you for the memories over the past decade.

Re: IFL Playoff Bracket

That would be a nice set up, crazy good games virtually every week, tough outings and yes low travel cost and times, Generals, Nighthawks and Mustangs would be 3 great teams to have in the league, will it happen, i dont know nor will i hold my breath, but if it did, man, that would be exciting for me