supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BEST OF INDIANA TOURNAMENT

ok so i been hearing around that they are doing a best of indiana tournament after the tornados season is over. the four teams are INDIANAPOLIS TORNADOS, INDIANA GENERALS, INDIANA NIGHTHAWKS , AND THE MARION COUNTY CRUSADERS AT RONCALI.SEEN IT ON FACEBOOK BY A NIGHTHAWKS IN CRUSADERS PLAY JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ITS ANY TRUTH TO IT.

Re: BEST OF INDIANA TOURNAMENT

BIG JOE #79
ok so i been hearing around that they are doing a best of indiana tournament after the tornados season is over. the four teams are INDIANAPOLIS TORNADOS, INDIANA GENERALS, INDIANA NIGHTHAWKS , AND THE MARION COUNTY CRUSADERS AT RONCALI.SEEN IT ON FACEBOOK BY A NIGHTHAWKS IN CRUSADERS PLAY JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ITS ANY TRUTH TO IT.

That sounds like it would be worth coming to watch. I could see the tornados coming out ontop of that one. Any more info on this?

This "Best of indiana tournament" was thrown out there through Facebook and I was contacted. I do know that the Generals, and Nighthawks are in. The Nighthawks still have 30+ strong people. Nighthawks had a lot of talent this year, but were sidetracked due to a few off the field issues that were out of their control. The Generals have 45 on their ACTIVE roster that are down to play. I am not sure with the Crusaders. Crusader camp, please get at me if you are interested. The Tornados are currently in the middle of a deep run in the GDFL playoffs and are concentrated 100% on that and nothing more. Best of luck to the Tornados, way to rep Indianapolis. We are looking for at least ONE more team, preferably from the IFL. If we can get a top team from the IFL, match that with the Nighthawks (MSFL), Generals (MSFL), and Crusaders (CRFL CHAMPS) [Congrats by the way], then we can have an multi-conference tournament.

Here are my thoughts, which everything is up for discussion:

What:
4 - team cross conference tournament - MSFL, CRFL, IFL

Where:
Roncalli High School

When:
Up for debate - possibly 10/20, 10/27 or 11/3
Double header first Saturday - Tourney Championship (Indy Bowl I Given out) following Saturday.

Who:
Generals, Nighthawks, (Indy CRFL Rep), (Indy IFL Rep)

Why:
Play a couple more games against different Leagues - Raise money for a good cause.

Details:

Games would be held at Roncalli High School. First game would be at 4:00 and the 2nd game would be one hour after the first has ended. Gametimes would be drawn out of a hat to see who plays first. Winners play following Saturday at 7:00 kickoff for the Indy Bowl. When the 4 teams are picked, all details will be decided by them. Tickets for the doubleheader would be $10 or $6 for a single game. ALL profit from the gate would be donated to Future Foundations of Roncalli (Foundation set it to help pay tuition for those kids less fortunate and cannot afford to pay for schooling). This is something that we are trying to put together and continue each year. We all love football and the offseason sucks. The Indiana Generals would take care of the field, concessions, security, announcers, clock volunteers and awards / Indy Bowl. The 4 teams would have to SPLIT the cost of the officials for the 3 games regardless of who is in the Bowl Game. If more than 4 teams are interested, the 4 teams would be selected from each league by overall record.

ALSO - THERE WILL BE NO LOADING UP OF TEAMS. YOU WILL BE MANDATED TO PLAY WITH THE PLAYERS YOU ENDED YOUR SEASON WITH. ROSTER CHECKS ARE MANDATORY AND WILL BE STRICTLY INFORCED>

If your team is interested, please contact me and I can answer any questions you might have.

Please keep the TRASH TALK at the door. We are simply trying to PROMOTE INDIANA FOOTBALL, create NEW matchups and raise a little money for a good cause. Players, if you are interested, have your team Owner contact me so.

Thank you,

Tony Laws
Indiana Generals
317-833-6046
indianagenerals@hotmail.com

i just contacted our people so i will see if there is anyway to make this happen on our end....

Tony Laws
This "Best of indiana tournament" was thrown out there through Facebook and I was contacted. I do know that the Generals, and Nighthawks are in. The Nighthawks still have 30+ strong people. Nighthawks had a lot of talent this year, but were sidetracked due to a few off the field issues that were out of their control. The Generals have 45 on their ACTIVE roster that are down to play. I am not sure with the Crusaders. Crusader camp, please get at me if you are interested. The Tornados are currently in the middle of a deep run in the GDFL playoffs and are concentrated 100% on that and nothing more. Best of luck to the Tornados, way to rep Indianapolis. We are looking for at least ONE more team, preferably from the IFL. If we can get a top team from the IFL, match that with the Nighthawks (MSFL), Generals (MSFL), and Crusaders (CRFL CHAMPS) [Congrats by the way], then we can have an multi-conference tournament.

Here are my thoughts, which everything is up for discussion:

What:
4 - team cross conference tournament - MSFL, CRFL, IFL

Where:
Roncalli High School

When:
Up for debate - possibly 10/20, 10/27 or 11/3
Double header first Saturday - Tourney Championship (Indy Bowl I Given out) following Saturday.

Who:
Generals, Nighthawks, (Indy CRFL Rep), (Indy IFL Rep)

Why:
Play a couple more games against different Leagues - Raise money for a good cause.

Details:

Games would be held at Roncalli High School. First game would be at 4:00 and the 2nd game would be one hour after the first has ended. Gametimes would be drawn out of a hat to see who plays first. Winners play following Saturday at 7:00 kickoff for the Indy Bowl. When the 4 teams are picked, all details will be decided by them. Tickets for the doubleheader would be $10 or $6 for a single game. ALL profit from the gate would be donated to Future Foundations of Roncalli (Foundation set it to help pay tuition for those kids less fortunate and cannot afford to pay for schooling). This is something that we are trying to put together and continue each year. We all love football and the offseason sucks. The Indiana Generals would take care of the field, concessions, security, announcers, clock volunteers and awards / Indy Bowl. The 4 teams would have to SPLIT the cost of the officials for the 3 games regardless of who is in the Bowl Game. If more than 4 teams are interested, the 4 teams would be selected from each league by overall record.

ALSO - THERE WILL BE NO LOADING UP OF TEAMS. YOU WILL BE MANDATED TO PLAY WITH THE PLAYERS YOU ENDED YOUR SEASON WITH. ROSTER CHECKS ARE MANDATORY AND WILL BE STRICTLY INFORCED>

If your team is interested, please contact me and I can answer any questions you might have.

Please keep the TRASH TALK at the door. We are simply trying to PROMOTE INDIANA FOOTBALL, create NEW matchups and raise a little money for a good cause. Players, if you are interested, have your team Owner contact me so.

Thank you,

Tony Laws
Indiana Generals
317-833-6046
indianagenerals@hotmail.com

Thanks for the info

How can you call it the best of Indiana and leave some of the best out. I can think of 4-5 more teams that should be playing in it if you truly want the best. The Wildcats, the cutters, the cardinals, the woldpack and the spartans, oooo and the Indiana Mustangs so that 6 deserving to be in it. Sure there are a few more that would fit in well, so again how can you call if the best of Indiana. Now the true name should be the best of Indy, yeah??????

We cannot force ANY team to join. It was originally supposed to be INDIANAPOLIS teams. However, we are forced to look outside of INDY. IF you read it says, 'If more than 4 teams are interested, then the top 4 record wise will be chosen'. It is NOT the best of Indiana tourney, just Call it 'Indy Bowl I'. Playing football between leagues for a good cause and promoting INSPF at the same time. ANY Indiana team interested, feel free to reach out. Hope to see everyone tomorrow night supporting the Tornados as they play for a chance to go to the GDFL Championship.

How about all these teams make the same effort into joining the SAME league and these matchups will automatically happen.

Xtreme G.M. please contact me at 317-833-6046