supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shamrock, Warriors, Spartans, Minutemen, Who's next

The southbend area players have done destroyed not 1, not, 2, not 3 but now 4 teams in 4 years. There can't be 4 bad owners in a row. The sense of entitlement and individualism runs rampant. if i had anything to do with the Venom i would tell any of those players to stay away.

Re: Shamrock, Warriors, Spartans, Minutemen, Who's next

Shamrocks were from elkart not southbend players unhappy with that organization left and went to another team leaving shamrocks deprived of players causing them fold the next year. Warriors failed due to ownership and lack of football knowledge and constant lies from owners they left owing money to the school that allowed them a home feild and didnt even get their league fees paid so was booted from that league the following season after that bad rap what league would allow them to enter? Spartans well what did you expect when a 20+ year old tries to run a team and handle money basically it was the warriors all over again almost to the tee minus a few differences. Minutemen not from southbend either but that wasnt owners at all lack of players not player egos failed this team! Owners gave up too soon they didnt tough it out it only takes 11 to play ball! Ive heard of teams doing it with 15 players for a whole season! 1st year teams should expect such things! High player fees, lack of recruiting and spreading the word of their team was their down fall. All Organizations should take a page from the indiana hitmen when it comes to recruiting, handling funds, spreading their word of a team in the communities they were top notch in that area! However the dictatorship and ruling with and iron fist was their downfall no one wanted to play for them after third year because they took the fun out of it. The area can hold a great team all it needs is the right person or persons to start it off!

I played football for the Elkhart Shamrock and it was one person who took the fun out of it and I think everyone knows who Im talking about. And like Facts said, you cant run a semi pro team with an iron fist like a dictatorship or you take the fun out of it. That's what I learned with the Elkhart Shamrocks. And it was just one guy, not at all talking about Mitch, Mitch did a good job with the team and held them together for four and a half years, I am Talking about Matt. Matt was one of the Three owners of the team and the Defensive coordinator for the first 4 years. Mitches biggest mistake was bringing Matt into the fold just because he was his brother. If everyone didn't have to tolerate Matt I think that the Elkhart Shamrocks would probably still be around now and would probably be a dynasty today. Matt was like a immature 15 year old boy trying to manage a team full of grown men. He lied to everyone and said Im not gonna play the people who don't show up to practice and Ill put in my best players at all times and he didn't he put in his friends over people who showed up to practice and who actually were better then the poeple Matt favored over so he was lying. The guy who started over me miss every single tackle a game And barely showed up to practice. He was friends with Matt, it was the only reason he started. He also didn't know how to talk to people, he had no idea what he was doing, he just randomized plays, and just randomized players in and out by his favorites, yelled at the players who were not his friends if they messed up and didn't yell at people who were his friends. The players were frusterated and we all took it out on eachother and Matt, and Matt Just said that we weren't team players that we were all being selfish and it wasn't us it was him that was selfish because he was all about himself and what he wanted to do. Durring the games we actually fought eachother harder then we fought the opposition. I had no fun what so ever, I work so hard in practice and the off season and I did so good and it was taken away because your defensive coordinator didn't know what he was doing. I started five football games in the second and the third year of the Elkhart Shamrocks and I was one of the leader tacklers on the team even though I wasnt the main starter and I have 3 sacks and 3 fumble rcoveries. If you spoke out against this stuff you get labeled as selfish, not a team player, or superstar. Ill say this one more time, it wasn't me that wasn't for the team it was Matt that wasn't for the team he was for himself and what he wanted to do. I quit in the middle of the third season because I was just fed up with Matt and his bullcrap. Every year the Shamrock would have a new team because people left the shamrocks to look for new teams to get away from the drama. They were the same players that matt labeled as selfish and cry babies but yet when they went on to play for other organizations that were more respectful to the players they didn't seem so selfish anymore so you know it was just him. I didn't play for the shamrock the fourth year because I knew what was gonna happen to the Shamrocks that year. It was a disaster that year. No leadership, everyone was fighting eachother, players were getting screwed over by Matt, they had a lack of talent, very poor coaching, blah blah blah. The fifth year of the Elkhart Shamrock Matt decided that he didn't want to be a part of the team anymore so I came back and so did a lot of other players. We didn't win a game and we folded in the middle of the season but we were actually a team, because we didn't have the dictatorship that we had with matt. Even though we lost every game we lost as a team. I had more fun with that team then I ever had with any of the Shamrock team even though we lost every game and folded in the middle of the season. And I actually got more playing time without him. I thought to myself that it was one person that screwed everything up and with the team that we had the first year I knew we could have been a dynasty.

It just takes one owner or a coach to take the fun out of everything. Its all about who you put in your organization. You cant just put people in because hes your brother or friend. That's why when I look for a team to play I look for who the coaches are, who the owners are, or what players they have on the team. I will probably have a lot of hatred towards me for writing this but I don't care. People need to know about the politics in semi pro football. Sometimes there are organizations that will not play their best players and that will play their players by their friends or their favorites and will treat you unfairly. Some people will never grow up and are just negative, that's the people that I want to stay away from. If your gonna own a team and if your putting people in your organization like owners coaches and players, make sure they are grown up and wont create a problem for you.

Now matter if your a team going strong for 4 seasons or a team starting out. Most teams are still going strong because there is no other team to run to when players are unhappy but for the teams that have a rival or a new team starting across town that team who has lasted 4 years or more is now in jeopardy especially if that old teams player fees are too high or coaches are no longer making it fun or players are not seeing fair playing time of course you will have players jump ship and when one goes his friends go so you end up losing 3 players off the back so if you lose 4 players and their friends who play boom thats 12, just whats needed to play ball with 1 rotating inn! Thats all you need! So if 4 players are unhappy with high fees, 2 or 3 players unhappy with playing time and 3 or so unhappy with coaches boom you now have whats needed for a new team! That small loyal bunch thats left with that old team just isnt enough to maintain a team and owners have no other choice but to close up shop! With new owners starting a new team there is now a new problem the owner didnt realize what it took to run a team and new problems are born! Players now have to trust new people to handle all their money responsibly and for some owners the temptation is just to strong as we have seen and heard from So many times most recent with the warriors and spartans! Or player fees are so high that players cant afford to pay it and are now left with a Minutemen situation. Theres nothing wrong with team logo shirts with last name and # on them 15 bucks for a shirt as oppose to 50/65 for a jersey that saves a player at least 35/50 Bucks i mean theres tons more ways to save a player money but you get the idea! Feild and ref fees just cant be cut down they are a must but there are always ways to help limit that with fund raisers or bake sales any first year team should consider such things! Every player no matter what year the teams in should play if they paid fees and come to at least 1 practice a week should be worked inn! Players have families whos kids may play some type of sports we had our time to shine but no one wants to miss their kids games or practices. We have jobs not everyone picks an chooses there schedule during the week. i believe making 1 practice a week is reasonable and still play. Everyone should be rotated in, look at the chicago thunder they were a power house for years not because they were that talented because i have lined up against them in their prime what made them so good was there rotation system! Always fresh bodies on the feild which made other teams who tried to keep only their starters in Tire out and they just dominated them and they played and worked inn all their players no matter skill level there was a few players who was just tossed around like rag dolls but still got in the game to keep a good rotation. And in the 4th quarter the starters were so fresh they killed! There are so many ways to keep players happy and still get them to put the work inn to be a championship team! Allow your players to have a vote on things get them involved!

If you can't abide by membership standards, don't become a member.
Stop offering excuses and either commit or watch the committed.

Also, it may be in your best interest to pick up a book from time to time. That was a tough post to digest.

PS: putting a tshirt on a player is not only laughable, but dysfunctional. Football jerseys are rugged for a reason, to hold true in function during multiple collisions. Tshirts don't quite cut it...

We will watch! Lol thinking that a semi pro team can run a team with an iron fist will result in one thing players leaving and teams folding! Now sign some checks and rule with two iron fists players would stay no matter what then! But you nor owners pay us players we play for fun and our love for the game so we dont need a d*ck running a team for that reason! Its been proven a number of times by many teams that a team who runs it in a manner that results in the players no longer having fun well they leave and teams fold! The teams mentioned in this post, well half of the players will say they left due to that reason! There is a difference between expecting players to abide by a code of conduct and owners and coaches treating Players like **** and unfairly! Seems the only things you have a problem with are how players should be treated and the way they look on the feild. For teams starting out and need players to fill spots player fees are issues with most and anything to lower that would help so uniform costs are important. Yeah a shirt is unconventional but its ways to help a team survive past the first year! If you remember the outside the lines special on espn their was teams shown with different jerseys and not matching well at least if they all had the same shirts and game pants they would of looked decent and all would have to agree on that! Jerseys are made for game performance and the rigorous hardships it will endure during that game but if only 10 peoole can afford it what good is it? Players keep teams alive not all of them will be happy but if 75% of them love the team and are happy you then have loyalty! I would like to know what team you are on that runs in the manner you are defending? If your team is no longer a team or it hasnt went into year two yet your discredited on anything you say! Keep semi pro fun, affordable, and honest and teams will survive for years!