supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Official Predictions For September 10th (POST ALL SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW).

Gather 'round kids, it's time once again for uncle Supa to stare into the future and bring this weekend's predictions to all of you free of charge and in full color. We've got a very exciting weekend ahead- and now that the rest of the world is playing football, you'll have plenty to watch while you heal up on Sunday. Let's get to it.

Delaware County Chargers @ West Central Wildcats

The Cats have proven to be a force to be dealt with and have turned in a more consistent performance than any team in the MFL thus far. The Chargers' defense is greatly depleted from last season, and it will show on the road this week.

Wildcats 26
Chargers 12

Grant County Scorpions @ Adams County Patriots

By and by, the Scorps have proven that the murderous preseason has paid dividends in league play. The Patriots' offense has been in exile the last few weeks, and has needed turnovers to produce the few points they've come up with. This one will be full of mistakes, but with a win, the Scorps take control of their playoff destiny.

Scorpions 23
Patriots 6

Hendricks County Generals @ Darke County Warriors

An offense that seems to have trouble getting over the hump plays host to a defense that shoots itself in the foot. If the Generals could muster the performance against the Broncos and the Mustangs, this will be a game, but my feeling is that the Warriors are just a bad match-up. Look for Warrior take-aways to be the difference.

Warriors 18
Generals 7

Madison County Pirates @ South Central Broncos

This will be a doozy to be certain, and perhaps worthy of the mantle of the Chiefs/Broncos games of so long ago. The Broncos have added some talent and seem to have figured out how to stop turning the ball over. The Pirates have gotten better every single week, and have found an offense with a reinvigorated offensive line. This one will have huge playoff implications- and be very close.In close games, I have to go against Wesley Snipes' famous advice and choose NOT to "always bet on black".

Pirates 17
Broncos 10

West Ohio Wranglers@ Kosciusco County Mustangs

The Wranglers cannot consistently run the ball and the Mustangs cannot play consistent run defense. There is no question that the Mustangs are a better team and will make a run toward the end of the season, but it is clear that both of the afore mentioned weaknesses will be a critical liability for each over the long term. Look for the Mustang passing attack to get the machine rolling- and the vaunted and much improved Wrangler defense to take a step back.

Mustangs 28
Wranglers 8

Mercer County Cougars @ Lagrange County Longhorns

One thing you can be certain of- there will be some running in this ballgame. Though the Longhorn defense is far from being as good as the Cougars, these two offenses are very similar. Both teams feature a war-of-attrition style offense, and if the Longhorns are able to make plays and keep the game close- this will be in their favor against a Cougars team with few reserves. This one will be closer than many of you expect.

Cougars 25
Longhorns 13

Cincinnati Gamblers @ Circle City Soldiers

This will be the end of the Gamblers' season, and one has to hope that they get some better leadership next season. The Soldiers will have a chance to come back after a subpar performance two weeks ago. Look for big Soldier running yards in this one.

Soliders 31
Gamblers 13

Hoosier Hurricanes @ Derby City Thunder

Now that all of you have sufficiently weighed in with your "best team in the state", I can tell you that the Hurricanes now have that distinction. Having picked up several of the former Tornados themselves, they are now clearly better than the Vipers, and will demonstrate that this weekend. The Thunder had a solid season, but play in a murderous division. Thanks for playing, DCT.

Hurricanes 41
Thunder 9

River City Saints @ Lafayette Lions

Last week, one would have thought the Lions partied like it was 1999- having had more trouble with the Justice than they should have. The Lion offense is still developing, and the return to Kennedy Field will be just what the doctor ordered. The Saints have not done well on the road, and have an offense that will be easy for Coors and the boys to manage.

Lions 26
Saints 12

Lima Warriors @ Grand Rapids Thunder

If I can promise you anything, it's that Parkins and his boys have spent more time going over film than the Warren Commision spent looking at the Zepruder film. If there is a coverage or blitz package that can stop the Thunder passing game, Parkins will give it a shot on Saturday. The Warriors are clearly better than they were the first time these teams met- which is to say - REALLY DAMNED GOOD- but my fear is that it will not be enough. The Thunder passing game has to be seen to be believed- it is THAT good. The long trip to Grand Rapids is just too much to overcome. My deepest hope is that the Warriors prove me wrong, but my heart tells me they won't.

Thunder 37
Warriors 29

Miami Valley Warriors @ Michigan Steelers

Alright, Agee- this is where you stop the late season slump. The Warriors defied my prediction last time to beat the Steelers, but my guess is that they won't be able to repeat the feat on the road. The Steeler's running game is a force to be reckoned with- and they will strut their stuff this weekend. There is still much of the season left for the Warriors to bounce back, so there are no worries.

Steelers 34
Warriors 22

Flint Fury @ Central Ohio Lions

The Lions have dropped more games this season than they have in multiple years in the past- and it is clear that the switch to the MCFL came at a bad time. Having said that, the Lions are still pretty damned good- and the Fury are not. Though the Redd-less Lions have had trouble putting points on the board, this week will be different.

Lions 31
Fury 10

Southern Michigan Timberwolves @ Indiana Mustangs

I feel like a broken record every week- and I know DanZ is tired of hearing it, but the Mustangs are pretty damned good, just not good enough to make a go of it in the ferocious MCFL. This week, they'll host the best Timberwolves team ever- and will have all they can handle. The Mustang defense seems to continue getting better, but the offense is just too spotty.

Timberwolves 18
Mustangs 13

Lake County Steelers @ Roscoe Rush

One word, blowout. The Rush have it all together, and the Steelers have been in decline for the past several weeks. Much props to the Steelers leadership- it is not a lack of structure that have led the men of Steel to this. The bottom line, though is that the Rush are dominant at home. Find a nice place to heal-up on Sunday.

Rush 49
Steelers 0

Indiana Titans @ Illinois Firehawks

Word on the street is that our man Gambrel is done for the season, and right in the middle of the Titan resurgence- heal up quick, old man. A solid offensive line is a commodity of great value on the road, and a commodity without which one is busted against a team as solid at home as are the Firehawks. I'd love to see the Titan success continue, but to overcome an reduced roster on the road is too much to ask.

Firehawks 28
Titans 13

That's all I've got. Good luck this weekend and make your mommas proud, boys.

Re: Official Predictions For September 10th (POST ALL SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW).

Ah...Supafan my brother....
It was a psych thing to get my teammates up for the big win against the previously undefeated Seminoles.
No..for real, I thought it was over and the guys came through for me with the big win.
But with the week off for labor day weekend and a Dr. who knows his stuff...
This old man is back for the rest of the year!!!!
(The best part is only Coach Richhart knows...So my fellow hogs and the rest of the boys will be pumped on my return)
Shhhhh...Chuck, keep it a secret...
Our O-Line will face a serious test this week in Chicago, but we will face it head on.
The Firehawks play at a local park...so I hope to enjoy my Sunday Afternoon knocking heads, creating holes so my fast little buddys in the back field can stroll through to the endzone....
***Couldnt let you down like that Supa***
Besides...whats a pulled groin/scrotum when you are my age

Re: Official Predictions For September 10th (POST ALL SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW).

Hey supa, what about the Bears and Lake County Chiefs.

Old Chiefs/Broncos games of the past Huh!!!

We'll See!!!!

Patty37

I know all of you expect me to know all of the details on every game, but when your websites refer to a game with a team that no longer exists- I don't have much of a game to call- notsomuch for the Lincoln Tigers. You all really have to keep me updated, here

Central Indiana Bears @ Lake County Chiefs

This should be a great game as the Bears have come a long way since the early part of the season. The Chiefs have dropped off a long way since their days as a dominant force in the now defunct Chicagoland league. The Chiefs offense is pretty good at home, though- which suggests to me that they can get some offensive linemen to show up at home. The good news is that business will be open for the long bomb and circus catch aerial attack of the Bears offense.

Bears 31
Chiefs 12

Hey i appreciate it supa. I told you earlier in the year that your predictions would be back on our side. lol thanks #50 LB

With the two sets of practices we had this week we will be lucky to not have 50 points dropped on us this weekend.

Half of our team doesn't feel the need to practice or call and let anyone know they won't be there.

It is to bad, we are playing maybe the best team in our league if not the best too.

I am not much into predicting things anymore, but I will say that I only hope at this point to try to keep the game close.

I am very discusted with the South Central Broncos, we are better then this.

Matt Steele

Matt, if you really have the Tornados players that you say you have, you should win by 30. Mark Stephens, Ryan Smoot...come on - these guys are superstars. Are they not showing up to practice?

Thanks for the love Dan

It is spelled disgusted (with a G) honey. You should have just asked punkin.

Mrs. Steele you are a hoot!

jdub42

Lafayette Lions 38 River City Saints 8

KC Mustangs 54 West Ohio Wranglers 0

Broncos 34-pirates-31

Broncos had two touchdowns within the last minute of the game.

One we scored, one we recovered an onside kick on.

Ryan Smoot became possesed at the end of the game and was throwing bullets.

Bobby Burton was injured in the third quarter before racking up 117 on 16 carries.

Gillespe from the Pirates is a fantastic player. He is defenitely the best we have faced all year at quarterback.

He probably went well over 100 yards too.

Unfortunately one of our players was taken to the hospital in the 4th quarter with what seems like a concusion. Kyle Harbaugh is in our prayers please add him to yours.

Matt Steele

Scorpions won the game 13 to 6 it was a hard fought game 4 quarters of smashmouth football. I wanted to thank Mr.Hansel and the rest of the orginization for letting me play for you guys. This will be my 10th season playing semipro football and I smell a trip to the ship! And a hey QB nice field goal there at the end! #74 Chan Roberts Scorps out!

Mercer County Cougars 22
Lagrange County Longhorns 16

This game could have went either way. It was a real ugly game, But the sportsmanship was some of the best i've seen all year. Cougar were without their starting QB, WR, and OL. It looked like the horns were missing some player also.

Chan,

Welcome to the Scorps fold. I hope you enjoyed the game. Hats off to Wayne and the patriots. True smashmouth football to the end. See you guess in Marion in a couple of weeks.

Go Scorps,

Matt

Congradulations Matt and the Bronco organization. I was there to support the Broncos and I have to admit, I lost hope in you and left the game with 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter with the score 31-20.

Generals and Warriors game was about the best game I have played in since I started semi-pro. Back and fourth the Generals would drive, the Warriors would make a stand. Warriors would make a drive, the Generals would make a stand. It wasn't intill after halftime, Generals first possession drove it down the field to score the first touchdown, missing the extra point. Warriors answered with a a drive and touchdown and completed the extra point making the game 7-6.

Generals ran another drive down the field for 6, attemped the 2 point conversion, but was called back do to a lineman 6 yards in the end zone. Warriors answered again withe 6 points making the score 12-13, and elected to just go for the PAT, which was made making the score 14-12.

5 minutes or so on the clock, Generals drove the ball down to the 1 yard line with 3 seconds to go in the game. The Generals left the game in the kickers hands...or I mean foot. Kick was up, and ITS GOOD!!!!

Generals win, 15-14.

Hats off to all Generals and Warriors, HARD played game and victory was much deserved for either side. The game was nothing but complete execution, complete game control and clock management from the Warriors and Generals.

Thanx,

Generals#56

Generals 15
Warriors 14

Great game, each team pretty much moved the ball at will, but couldn't punch it in. There were zero punts in the game as well. The game was won on a field goal with 3 seconds left. Both teams left everything on the field.

Grand Rapids Thunder 30
Lima Warriors 15

Tale of the game, Warriors get in the redzone 4 times (other than the touchdowns.....3 points)

Not going to get it done against a good team!

Who won the Delaware Chargers vs Wildcats game?

Hurricanes 18
Thunder 0

there are a lot of scores that still need to be reported- where's the friggin love?

Chan,

Cougars 12 - Chargers 6

Go Scorps,

Scorpions #69

Bears 15
Chiefs 6

Good Call Soop!!!

Right on the money.

'Cept for the score, of course!!!!!

Patty37

Indiana Mustangs 10 - S. Michigan Timberwolves 3

Indiana Titans vs Illinois Firehawks

No official outcome from the league as of yet
Titans travel to Illinois only to find out that the field was double booked with a Pop Warner team. Worst part was that the officials knew and didn show or some of them officaitated the Pop Warner game.
Forfiet Win to the Titans in my opinoin...but who am I, just a guy who spent $3.00 a gallon in gas for a 3 hour round trip

Well soop you were 3 points off on both sides for the horns and cougars game. It really was an ugly came the horns had mistakes on 2 key plays in the game which lead to 2 touchdowns. The first touchdown was just do to poor tackling by us. I also thought the cougars were missing their QB but i wasn't sure as for the missing the OL it looked like the same guys from the last time we played them. But i could be wrong. But The cougars are a "Never Give Up Team".
So congrats good luck next week and i guess we will see you in the division championship cougars.

Sorry to post this so late.
Miami Valley Warriors 25
Michigan Steelers 41

Warriors was leading at half time 13-6 but Michigan came out on the 2nd half kickoff and marched the ball down the field for a score. Both teams battled back and forth but this was a game of make no mistakes and the Warriors come up short on that end. The Steelers capitalized on a Warrior interception and also a Warrior fumble and it went down hill from there but the Warriors did score again in the last minute of the game. They will meet again and again it will be in Michigan and the Warriors will be well adjusted and prepared for the Steelers.

Coach Agee

Does anybody know the final score of the hardin county and henderson game played on 9/10/05?

sorry to reply so late in the week but i just think this needs to be said. the game was alot of fun, i can tell for both teams but the MVPS of the game were the 2 (yes only two)refs. before the game andy called both teams together and explained that there was only 2 of them, as you can tell they had thier work cut out for them. andy an 69 you did a great job.

after we shook hands after the game, the warriors went to thier group and the generals to thiers. before beef started the post game. a general just collapsed and needed medical attention. if any of the generals could give us an update on that player this would be appreciated.

The down player is doing good. They think he was just dehydrated, we got some fluids and maidrites in him and he was feeling good before we left town. (I think it was the maidrites that helped) Thanks for hosting us it was good to play close to my hometown.
Goodluck this week, and thanks for the concern.