supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
(4 Horsemen)

Fella's, being the Notre Dame fan that I am.....I must make a post. But it's not a post that is gonna make humor or grind in the fact that Notre Dame beat Michigan last saturday and is now in the top ten and michigan moved from 3rd to 14th. I'm not going to do it ;) BUT....I have been asked quite a bit lately about the old school 4 horsemen from people that are interested and never really heard facts about it. I found myself confusing the people that I was explaining it too, Then I wondered how many people out here in soopaland had ever really investigated it. There is a lot history that is forgotten and over looked sometimes but I thought I would post a couple websites for you guys to copy and paste. The first one is a site that gives you info on each of the 4 horsemen. http://und.collegesports.com/trads/horse.html

This Second one, Is the famous Press Release by Grantland Rice
http://lamb.archives.nd.edu/rockne/rice.html

After watching Seabiscuit, if you can picture that radio guy from the movie going crazy reporting....then this press release is very fitting and very interesting. Also if you know the name Elmer Layden then it should be a closed case. He was a Full back by the way Enjoy.....Hemi says Peace!! and lets go playoffs.

Re: (4 Horsemen)

It doesn't matter what Notre Dame is doing, because they are going to Travel to West Layfayette and get crushed by the PURDUE BOILERMAKERS!!!

You Better Believe It!!!!

LION 75

Purdue can't handle Charlie Weiss.
ND will win 24 - 7.

Ogreman77,

Purdue plays a bunch of panzies this year. Not only will they lose to the Irish but they will lose at Penn State and Iowa. Get a REAL schedule...No OSU or Mich. Big 10 needs a championship game. ACC, SEC, Big 12 all have one...c'mon. Tiller teams play real cocky but have no talent, and their coaching staff kills the rest of the season...ie last year. Brock Spack vs. Charlie Weis...are you friggin kidding me!

24-7 yeah right more like 24-0. Purdue is wack, and will probably lose to Indiana!

Well last time I checked Purdue is returning 11 defensive starters and 8 returning offensive starters. Joe tiller is a genius, and brock spack doesn't have genius with 11 returning starters. And, last time I checked we don't have any control over the big ten schedule so don't blame PURDUE for not having OSU or Michigan on thier schedule. Think of this we kick the Sh** out of notre Dame who beat michigan Who will beat osu and it woln't matter that we didn't play either of them
I WIN!!!!

Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen will ride again. In dramatic lore, they are known as famine, pestilence, destruction and death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Quinn, Walker, Powers-Neal and Stovall.

Oooooooooooookaaaaaaayyyyy.

Notre Dame, who has beaten a sorry Pitt team and an overrated/overhyped Michigan team (granted both were on the road) or Purdue who until the final few minutes looked like they were going to let AKRON back into the game and maybe get upset by them.

Yeah. The Four Horsemen will ride again. If you put in a DVD of Ric Flair, Arn Anderson and Co. from back in the 80's. If I see the Irish bring back the Wing T then I'll wait for someone to plagarize Grantland Rice.

As far as Purdue goes, if they don't start learning how to tackle then it's gonna be a long year and who knows the Indiana game might be a little closer this year, like 42-21 instead of 56-7.

But in the meantime, I like the Irish in this matchup of early hyped up teams. I just hope it's more enjoyable to watch than that junk that was Miami vs Florida St.

Q

lol, guess I started a good post here huh? Nice touch supa....I liked that. I know it will be hard for most, but if you have a chance to be near a TV or a radio as a last resort, make sure you have it cranked up right before the Irish take the field. You will be witnessing a great memory whether you are or are not an Irish faithful. The Sounds that will take place when the irish leave the tunnel will be unimaginable and unforgetable. A great coming home party it will be. Just might even wake 'ole Rockne up for a few seconds. As for Purdue....The only good thing Purdue has is the Piano bar in the Neon Cactus and 10 cent beers.

Division I-A, Big Ten Conference Member, Indiana University defeated Division I-AA Nicholls State by 3 points the past weekend. That should say enough about their chances against Purdue. Don't give me none of that scores don't matter cleche. Big Ten vs any D I-AA should equate to a blowout, period. Hey Hemi, "ol' Rockne" will awake, but just long enough to shake his head disapprovingly as he turns in his grave because of the beating his Irish will be receiving. Supa, I usually love your stories/predictions, but Man you left me hanging on that Horsemen riding and dramatic lore thing. You didn't finish the story!! That's OK... I found the ending myself. Turns out that after those Horsemen rode in gallantly beaming history and pride, they got steam rolled into modernity by the Boilermaker Special. Poor Horsemen never got a chance to show their stuff. Now, THE END.... I'll take Spock over Weis anyday. This is college not the pros, ask Steve Spurrier about the difference. Weis has only won 2 games. Don't set the guy up to be your next Willingham - 3 and done(with this hype, maybe less). Before you Irish fans get too confident, remember that on many levels Michigan beat themselves. GO BOILERS!!

Now Big #75, I respect your post. And you know I will give purdue a little justice....even tho they do not play many "high" ranked teams, they do play good teams. While many of the teams that they do play may not have an onslought of talented players, each one of thier opponents do bring something to the table. For the whole Spurrier weis thing, 1. Spurrier left COLLEGE to go to the Pro's. Weis left the PRO'S to come to college. Now there is a huge difference there. Ask any NFL Coach how hard it is to get your million dollar contracted players to lay it all out on the field. Then ask any college coach how hard it is to get thier guys up for a game who is in the hunt for one of those million dollar contracts. I think any coach would find the transition from college to the NFL alot harder than from the NFL to college. So there is no comparison.
Now for the Willingham bit, He was a great coach and handled himself extremely well. It was actaully dissapointing to see him go, I would have liked to have given him one more year with his recruiting class. Weis brings a lot of knowledge to South Bend. And when you can break up the Pro stuff and put it into College terms and get the players to act on it. Look out. I also think that there is a lot of hype about Notre Dame this year and many say because of weis. But when doesn't Notre Dame make all the media during a coaching change?? It's Fricken NOTRE DAME, the most historic Prestigious college ever, and before some damn michigan fan rattles off...No it's not the winningest. Now for the whole Michigan beat themselves bwlaksjshh....C'mon #75, If your lions are in control of a game since the very begining of it, are you going to not take credit for your win becuase you beleive the team you are playing didnt play thier type of football? Or are you going to take credit for the win because you believe your team TOOK your opponent out of thier game??? Hemi.....OUT

Oh Yeah, has anyone mentioned that Purdue doesn't even play michigan or Ohio State????? I know they did, I just wanted to say it again. Your Big Ten Championship will be decided when Wisconsin plays Michigan. I like the Badgers as big ten champs.

Very Quite In Irish Land!

75-

perhaps it will be "quite" as well in Lafayette on November 6th. Setting aside for a moment the considerations of the Irish, the Spartans are no joke- and it wont be long until that is obvious to folks everywhere. I've got love for Kirch and the gang, but Arizona is no Michigan State, and that will be clear soon enough.

by the way- do you mean there are games going on outside of SemiPro on Saturday? Someone should have told me that......

No worries, I wasn't expecting the "perfect season" from the Irish. The Spartans as soopa said, are a good team. Something that teams and haters of the irish should have gotten from that game, was the way the Irish came back. Wish I could have watched it, seen most of the end at the Legends Sports Bar in Saint Mary's. Great food! gotta try the super duper ryan sanderburger if ya get a chance. BUT, to many Ohio State fans for me.

Let me be the first to say that this game will not be as close as those in Tippecanoe County think. Darius Walker is in fact better than Laurence Maroney, and he's got a better passing offense beside him.

I've got love for Kirch and Dorien Bryant and Jerrod Void- and especially for Ray Edwards, but they are not as good as they were last year, and the Irish are better.

Supa, as a fan as you are......I hate to say that I don't so much know about walker being better than Mauroney. I think given a year, he will be better than what mauroney is, although it is close. The thing that would make walker better is infact the passing game that that accompanies him. With Mauroney, you know hes getting the ball 75-80% of the game. BUT he still gets what he needs to get to put them in a position to win. I'm Irish through and through, but in this case I gotta give it to the double deuce Mauroney. Kids got mad skillz, Better than reggie bush....he is the nations best back. HE has some kick ass dreds also. Imagine what else he could do if minnesota decided to try to get Wheelright the ball!?!? That reciever has crazy hands and crazy speed. Cuppito is average, needs to be a baller.

Oh and yes....Purdue will get that ass waxed as well as the top of joe tillers head. Unless ESPN and Drew brees majically appear strolling down university drive giving an interview on whats it's like for a QB to go to college????? what the is that, anyway as my gangsta fity would say...."Game Over"
that's right perk....GAME OVER

hey i had a post on here what happen to it? was it to dirty? can i not say the word Pussy?