supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Official Predictions For September 17th (POST ALL SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW).

After a very busy week and a frustrating network outage, I'm ready to share my thoughts. All apologies to those who count on finding those calls when they wake on Friday morning, but just as you are not payed to play the game, I'm not payed to do this, and sometimes other business keeps me away.

With that said- let's get it underway.

Central Indiana Bears @ Chicago Wolverines

Though I am not yet ready to christen them "unstoppable", it is clear that the Bears are making a strong late season surge. They'll find the Wolverines to be much like themselves- not a huge roster, and not an amazing defense- but some pretty solid offensive players who are capable of some special things. Normally this one is a no-brainer, but the long road trip makes it closer than it should be- rumor has it the Bears will be without a few of their hawgs.

Bears 33
Wolverines 26

Central Ohio Lions @ Michigan Twisters

Gone are the days of the Lion offensive surge that would throw up 40 points a half, and in the ultra competitive MCFL- they've not scored much more than 40 points in half of league play. The Lions still sport a very formidable defense- with journeyman Frazier still cracking away. The defense is the reason they'll rally to beat the Twisters- a team with only 2 league wins, but who has been in every game. The defense will close the door on the Twisters, but not till late.

Lions 24
Twisters 16

Indiana Mustangs @ Flint Fury

One could say much the same of the Mustangs that I have said of the Lions. Their once prolific passing game is now a thing of the past, but the Mustang defense remains a force to be reckoned with. The long trip up to the rustbelt will be one that is worthwhile, and the Mustangs will run the ball well against a struggling Fury front 7. Perhaps this game is just what the Mustangs need heading into playoff time.

Mustangs 29
Fury 11

Lafayette Lions @ Effingham Panthers

There is not an ounce of love lost in this one- and that has always been clear on both sides of the state line. Though the Lions have dominated the series, there is an ugly rivalry between the teams that is as nasty as any that come to mind. This year, too, the Lions' offense has been less than expected, and the Panthers are having their best campaign yet- only a game below .500 overall. The Lions know that if they go down I70 without passion- they could come up on the wrong end of things, but I have no doubt that Brian will have his gang ready. This one will be won in the 4th quarter as well.

Lions 34
Panthers 21

Southern Michigan Storm @ Miami Valley Warriors

The LSFL is limping to the finish line in 2005 depleted of teams in both quality and quantity, and the Warriors are left as the heirs apparent to the South Division. The Warriors are a solid team with a quick and mobile defense, but have not had the opportunity to play enough quality teams to improve to the extent that they might have liked. The Storm comes to town with a pretty good offense and a chip on their shoulder from the first game- a blowout they suffered in their own house more than a month ago. They are a much better team today than they were then- and will score more points, but the outcome will be the same.

Warriors 36
Storm 18

Darke County Warriors @ Madison County Pirates

On paper, the Pirates are the clear favorite- and these two teams have been on opposite paths since the league began play back in July. The difference is confidence- and in particular confidence on offense. The Pirates began the season unable to find the end zone with any regularity, and have recently found a way to move the ball and put up points. The Warriors offense, on the other hand has been less and less productive- and has been unable to throw the ball with consistency. Beef's title defense is in serious jeopardy, and his short bench forces him to make decisions every week he doesn't want to. With Dane at the helm of the Pirateship- those decisions will be forced upon Malloy early and often, and to that end, the Pirates will win the day.

Pirates 24
Warriors 13

South Central Broncos @ Hendricks County Generals

I've said it before and I will be happy to say it again. Though most might think the Broncos to be the clear favorite here- in this rivalry, all of that goes out the window. The Broncos have raced back from being 0-3, and have won 4 in a row in dramatic fashion, but the Generals have some impressive wins of their own. The question remains- which Generals team will play host? Will it be the team that beat the Broncos and the Warriors or the team that lost to the Longhorns and was twice dominated by the Pirates? My guess is that the Generals will come to play, and will come out throwing the ball. If they can avoid turning the ball over, they are capable of a 300 yrd passing day- but will not stop the Broncos on the ground. This one's a toss-up, so I've gotta take the hosts.

Generals 33
Broncos 29

Kosciusco County Mustangs @ Mercer County Cougars

This is a classic clash between a team that is pretty and fancy and a team that is gritty and hard-nosed, and in almost every case, I've gotta like the latter. The host Cougars have proved to be the most dominant team in the IFL over the course of the last two seasons- and that is indisputable. With a small roster and no coach- they fill the stands with fans and put on a great show. The Mustangs have made no bones about their team- they are small and quick and intend to throw the ball on offense and blitz you on defense. At the end of the day, it is really about the trenches in this one, and there is simply no comparison. Having long ago wrapped up the division title, the Cougars will dominate the line of scrimmage and win the game.

Cougars 26
Mustangs 12

Lagrange County Longhorns @ West Ohio Wranglers

Hemi and the gang hit the road with their relentless running game and a dream- to win the IFL title. The Wranglers- recently accused of having added some extra players for the season's last game- have been a disappointment. The Wranglers' defense has at times looked good enough to play with anyone in the division, but offensively have been unable to get the ball rolling. The Longhorns are looking for their first road win of the year, and badly in need of some momentum going into the playoffs where they will meet their rivals from Warsaw. If the Wranglers did add some talent, it may well be able to slow down the Longhorn gournd game, but I doubt they will be able to stop it. Consolation prize for the Wranglers- next they get to face the Pirates while every other team has the week off.

Longhorns 21
Wranglers 8

Delaware County Chargers @ West Central Wildcats

There is no doubt that this league is almost anyone's to win- and both of these teams are in the mix. The Wildcat defense has relied on turnovers to keep opponents out of the end zone- and have twice been bitten by that strategy. The Wildcat offense is much better than it was a year ago- and features one of the best running games in the league. The Chargers seem to be a different team every week, and depending on who shows up to the game- the result could be very different. Though it is a road game, my bet is that Earl gets his gang ready for the rematch and brings all he can- which will, in the end, not be enough.

Wildcats 18
Chargers 8

Randolph Cougars @ Adams County Patriots

Zeb has found himself in just the situation he's hoped for after all of these trying years. Now that he can roster a team consistently, his fellas are making plays and winning games. Wayne and the Patriots have really struggled on offense, and are beginning to suffer from some of the problems that losing games can bring. The Patriots- though not as talented- are a close knit, if small, group of guys- and over the long haul- that should pay dividends. Zeb's come one, come all philosophy has served his squad well up to this point, and will again on Saturday- but if Wolfe and the Pats stay together- they'll have the last laugh.

Cougars 22
Patriots 6

Okay- so I said "LUNCH" and I meant "DINNER"....sorry for the confusion.

Everyone stay healthy and play well this weekend- make your mommas proud and don't forget to get your scores and details to uncle Supa as soon as they are available.

Re: Official Predictions For September 17th (POST ALL SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW).

Bronc (hos) 37
Generals 12

My apologize to any General player who took offense to the last score.

As I told Troy, had your team not been so disrespectful of mine in our first match up I would have ran it and kicked a field goal.

The disrespect wasn't shown only to my team but to me as well.

Troy can feel that I have no class, that is fine. It is to bad, after we lost the last game I didn't go to him and complain about what was said to me or my team. I just dealt with it.

This is how I dealt with it.

I still have alot of respect for your team with the way they played, they wouldn't give up. It was actually nice to see that you scored again and kept your team focused.

Until next time.

Matt Steele

Re: Official Predictions For September 17th (POST ALL SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW).

Warriors 13, Pirates 6 in overtime.

In Overtime...
Miami Valley Warriors 43
Southern Michigan Storm 37

Coach Agee

Lafayette Lions 41 Effingham Panthers 0

Lafayette 40

Effingham 0

Right column on the score board was messed up so it looked like 41 but was actually 40

Hey Supa, thanks for the prediction. "Gone are the days of the Lion offensive surge that would throw up 40 points a half...." Well, that is exactly what we did last night, threw up 40 in the first half, and on the road to boot. Halftime score COL-40, Michigan Twisters-3. After a running clock in the second half the final was COL-47, Twisters-9. This was by far our best offensive performance of the year. I will admit we have struggled a little offensively this year, but hopefully after putting up 49 and 47 in consecutive weeks, we are back on track. Now comes a huge test next week at Nationally #1 ranked Cleveland Lions, with what some will argue the best defense and special teams units in the country. If you would make a similiar prediction, something along the lines "the Lions could never go into Cleveland and come away with a win", as it seemed to be good luck this week. Regardless of the outcome, this has been a challenging yet rewarding season. In the MCFL you must come to play every week or you will go home with a loss. No more holes in the schedule!

12-7 wranglers win

Randolph Co. Cougars 18

Adams Co. Patriots 0

FINAL
Cougar Stats
Tooley - 17 carries, 183 yards.
Walser - 4 receptions, 115 yards 2tds
Stephens- 8-15 145 yards 2Tds, 1 INT

Good game #10, that was probably the most fun i've had all year long on S.T. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs.

Foist
Broncos

What was the score of the KC Mustangs vs. MC Cougars game?

MCC 34
KCM 20

Okay- we're done with all of this craziness. These threads are to be about scores and details. If you wanna bark back and forth at one another- take it to another thread- we are still missing some scores here.

Look fellas, keep posting bullshit, and it will continue to be deleted. We still need some scores here. Help a brother out.

Hey Supa maybe you could hook up a Message Board and call it "The Pit" It would be a place for those who choose to, to enter, square off and sling mud at each other. Just kidding, Hey but on the real, It would probably get more hits than this board. Sad but unfortunately true

a while back a phantom started a board, when earls was "slinging mud" at me. but still everyone wanted to keep trash talking here, and the other site didnt see any action.

Wildcats 26
Chargers 12