supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WRANGLERS WIN!

It wasn't impressive by any means, but they got their 1st win of the season, and history. If the O-line gives that QB a lil more time...look out league! It almost looked like they had "White Vick" back there. The Defense stepped up and proved themselves and actually shouldn't even of given up a score. It came on 4th down with 2 seconds left in the 1st half. A good catch, questionable if landed in bounds, but the Wranglers didn't lose sight of what they have been searching all year for, a WIN! Their Safety was all over the field, as well as the LB's! Great job guys...let's continue to build off of this.

Re: WRANGLERS WIN!

haha, good win. I'm not gonna take nothan away really but a white vick? C'mon, he did have a hell of a game and the reason for that is the longhorns defense not containing. Which is football, thats why you practice. Good game by him though. Also, the "New" QB is a newly added player to the wrangelers wearing #11, they also have a "New" good reciever #8, and a defensnive guy wearing #37 I believe. No they didn't go out and add 100 players. The ones they got are good tho. Oh and by the way fan, that catch in the endzone was in. 1 foot down one foot slid ;)

Ha ha...ok maybe the "White Vick" was stretching it a lil bit. He did look fast and elusive though. Hell, he could actually throw the ball though, so maybe Vick isn't an appropriate name. Steve Young?? They added 3 guys, #8..#9..#11, but they are on their roster and have been all year. These seem like respectable guys who brought leadership to the Wranglers. I even saw the other team talking with them and jokin around after the game. I saw great sportsmanship by both teams and want to wish the Longhorns good luck in playoffs. Any team can win on any given day, thats why you play the games.

how bout a score?

Score was 12-7 supa, Wranglers Qb hooked up with wranglers reciever for 45? yard pass for the first score. Wrangler QB then scrambled for thier second TD and as you heard horns sored right before halftime. Game over 2 weeks and they playoffs. 0-0

Where does it say they were on the roster?? I just pulled this from their web site.

Head Coach: Lincoln Fox - Offensive Coordinator ((419) 305-6634)
Coaches: Travis Leppla - Defensive Coordinator ((419) 394-5275)
Randy Taylor - Defense linemen ((419) 300-5510)

# Name
74 Russ T. Armour
Brandon Barker
28 Justin Booth
89 Jared "Superman" Clark
29 Eric Enriquez
2 Neal Garrison
1 Eric Grant
56 Eric "OX" Groves
55 Chris Horton
4 Dustin Kinser
73 Jason Mcacee
22 Brandon meyer
3 James "Chucky" Rice
8 Jeremiah Schmidt
6 Mario Scott
7 Adam solomon
5 Eric Sullivan
92 Wes Sweigart
67 Matt Taylor
98 Jeremy Vining
75 Junior Wallace
25 Bryan "Shorty" Wess
15 Tony Wicker
86 Spencer Williams

So any team can add players any time? What keeps a team from loading up for the playoffs? I say there should be a cut off date or the players that are on the roster should at least play in one of the first five regular season games to be able to play in the playoffs. This keeps teams from putting players on their roster that play for other teams in other leagues that finish before ours. If we don't stop this now we will be like all the other leagues!!

Thanx for the props Hemi Im new to this league an unsure who you are. I do know you play for the longhorns, and I must say you guys have a good squad and a very classy organization. As for the guy posting the wranglers roster as you can see from there website it is not updated regularly but if you check the roster the league has you will see we all three are clearly listed on there roster. So no they didnt "load up for the playoffs" when weve been on the roster all year just havent been to the games. Once again Hemi good program and a very classy team.

no excuses wranglers were the better team and as for defense we can talk about that later at practice Hemi

The official Wranglers roster was supplied to the Longhorns prior to the game.