supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wranglers

So how good sre the Wranglers now with the 3 players that they have now? Does someone no how they are? are they good ball players? I saw that someone said that 3 player can't make a team but the Wranglers got there 1 win with this guys. Is that a new Wranglers team now?

Re: Wranglers

The players that are on the roster should at least play in one of the first five regular season games to be able to play in the playoffs unless the were injured. This keeps teams from putting players on their roster that play for other teams in other leagues that finish before ours. If we don't stop this now we will be like all the other leagues!! I was told they are from the Lima Warriors. Their season has ended and now are playing for the Wranglers. I know it is only 3 players. But, next it could be 10. Is there something in the by-laws that states a player can not be on two teams rosters at the start of our season? Heck we can put guys down from the Mustangs and Tornados and have them play for us when their season is finished. This league use to be fun to play in. We need to put a stop to this or we will lose our core teams that started this league up.

I heard that the wranglers 3 new guys suck anyways so its not that big of a deal.

I'm sure that during the offseason this topic will be debated at great lenghths. But it is nothing new. You can present the rules and then after everyone has looked at them for a while they figure out how to create loop holes to "legally" get around what is in writing. I will say this, People and organizations with I-N-T-E-G-R-I-T-Y don't do these types of things. It is all a part of the win at any cost culture. Let us not forget what it does to the guys on the team that were around in March and April that were working hard to earn a spot on their team. Now these guys are sitting on the bench (if they are still showing up) with a bad taste in their mouths, silently wishing their team would get their A$$ES kicked. The proposal suggested in the above post is a good idea but will require honesty or a large policing of all teams by someone. That will require additional HUMAN resourses. It doesn't sound like a fun job. I certainly wouldn't want to do it. I doubt that anybody does. I would also bet that teams that have engaged in these practices will reap what they sow. Just wait and see. RM#7

fella's, i'm sure these rules will be brought to attention at the league board meetings. However, what is done is done. The playoffs are soon to begin and i'm sure EVERY team has things they need to worry about other than another team. After just playing the wranglers, I can tell you that the guys they have are good players. But with respect to the wranglers, they did not really play thier new reciever. They let the other guys play and only brought him in when they needed him. The biggest change that they have made is thier QB. Good athlete, also plays safety for them. Do not know which one he plays better but he is good at both. If it were not for him, the horns break some big huge run plays. The wranglers seem to have a good core, what more can you expect for a first year team. However, If the cougars come to play, these "new guys" will not make a difference. And again not to take anything away from thier win. But we as horns, did not play up to par.. Nothing to worry about, Let the league handle these things the way they see fit. My only quall on this whole things is that if it is legal for players to play a partial season or whole season with an outside team from the IFL, Then it should be legal for players to switch teams in the IFL. You can't allow one and not the other, Other than that, I have enough faith in the league board that they will solve these problems accordingly.

forgot somethan, If you are man enough to speak on a debate, then put your name down and let people know who you are. And if you notice on the IFL website, The League Board is listed each individually with what job each pertains to. There are E-mail addresses and contact numbers. They are there for a reason. I've noticed coach's getting on here asking questions that should be directed specifically to the league, not to everyone and their baby's momma. This league was based on the countibility of communication. And rescources were made just for this cause. Use them if you feel you must. This is an awesome league, we should feel privaleged. Reflect on it

Hear are somethings I got off the Lima Warriors site.Bobby Huttis (QB,CB)6'2" 180lb. played 5 games for the Warriors had 28 Rec. for 551yd. and 6TD ,2 Comp. for 51yd. and 1TD.A fast runner with good hands. Brandt Huttis (WR,SS) 6'2" 180LB. lead the M.L.F.A in Interceptions with 14 and 5 went back for TD. Good speed great hands,good hitter ,see the ball and go get it. Jason Bott (OLB,RB) 5'10" 205 was in the top 5 in the M.L.F.A in tackles with 70.0 Big hitter,all ways around the ball ave.about 10 tackles a game good speed.If he gets to run the ball watch out good runner in the back field. So I would tell the person that say they suck is lieing to you these guys are great ball players,and if you play against them it would be a honor.

They was on the roster that we turned in and we talked about this stuff at our league meetings so what is the problem. if it was such a big deal why didnt anyone say something at the meeting.

wrangler 22

Brandon

Do not worry about what everyone is saying about your team. You guys did not do anything wrong according to our league rules. Just concentrate on getting your team ready for the playoffs. You guys only picked up three guys, the Broncos picked up nine. As long as the guys that were picked up were on the roster before the roster was turned in there is nothing that anybody can do about it.

ChickenHead
Andy Crisp

Thanks for scouting us out for the rest of the league to read IFL fan. I only played in 5 games due to an injury in our All Star game that required surgery. I'm obviously not gonna fill anyone in on the exact location on the injury. People seem to want to make a big deal about us playing with the Wranglers now, but we went to there combine at the beginning of the year to try out. We went to some of there practices during the year. Obviously if I'm playing QB then I had to know a lil something about their offense before just showing up on Saturday. We went to watch the game against Mercer County in St. Marys for the 1st half before going to Lima to play in our game that night. The bottom line is...your only as good as the players around you. Football is still a team game. Some players are stars don't get me wrong, but a QB or RB needs a line to block for them. CB's need pressure to be on the QB to have a bad pass thrown. Everyone has to work together in order to be successful. We're ready to play as a team....so get your team ready and stop whining!

#11 you just got alot of respect from me. Just from playing against you in our last game i could see your ability do make decisions and lead your team. But from what you have put on here i can see that you are a leader and most of all a team player. So good luck to you and i wish other people understood that one man doesn't make the game. If you had to play by yourself against 11 other guys people would see that they are not the only one who makes a difference in the game. So good luck to you in the playoffs and congradulations to the Wranglers on their first IFL season and hope to see in guys in the league next year.

thank you g-rod for your congrats to us. this season has not been a fun one in the aspect of winning and losing but it has been fun just to play again. this league is a good league to play in. it's a clean league and i like how they keep it clean. i am expecting to come back to this league next year and having a better season. good luck to all ifl teams in the playoffs b/c all teams need a little luck b/c you never know what could happen. this is the playoffs.

You say its alright now. But, what if and that is a BIG IF would knock you out of the playoffs with these 3 new talented players? I'm sure you wouldn't be so supportive of it as you are now. We all need to think this over before it gets out of hand with teams just adding players to their roster so that they can play in the playoffs.

player, you need to understand this. the three players that just played for us have been on our team roster (that we sent into the league) all season long and have even made it to several practices. we didnt just add them for the playoffs. so keep on keepin on b/c you will get nowhere trying to get people to talk bout it before it gets out of hand, and this is not out of hand. if it was out of hand the league would have said something by now dont you think.

This situation has existed since the inception of semi pro ball and it will continue to exist. Roster rules in most leagues are designed with a lot of flexibility. Coaches and leagues in general are operating with continually rotating personnel. In many cases this rule flexibility allows teams to continue that otherwise would be unable due to the various scenarios that lead to player loss. The leagues in general do not have enough manpower to monitor each team for each game. Their are no simple solutions for this problem. It is a neccesary evil we all have to live with if you want a team on the other side of the field on saturday. I know everyone wants to feel they were given a fair opportunity on a level playing field. However, the reality is players want to win. coaches want to win. The leagues do not have the abilty to enforce strict roster guidelines. The current situation is all we have to work with. I have been involved with semi pro ball for 11 years and i have never seen roster enforcement or a team fined in any way for a violation. Don't expect changes any time soon.

Gary C

I got tickets to this years super bowl!!!!

Hey 35

I got dibs on one of them. We are going to Detroit.(ha ha)

Call me
Andy

I don't know what the big deal is. We played against these guys and we didn't say one thing about them. And now it seems to be a bigger with other teams than the Longhorns who actually played them. So i don't really understand. Are you scared that they might be a Cinderella team or something. I thought we did this for the love. I thought we were showing all the pro's what it means to play for the love and not the money. God knows i would love to play pro ball. Hell i would do it for a little more than my years pay. And if these so called rules that say these guys can't play exist then maybe you should show them. Other wise i think you all know what these guys are capable of and thats the real problem. Wranglers keep up the good work no matter what anyone else says you guys have my respect.

I wouldn't take a penny less than 6.7 mil a yr. If they go less, I hold out. For real, nip it fellas... Like the one bad news bears movie when they played in the astrodome... "let them play, let them play"

Well, I'm glad that we have a few supporters in the league. I saw the post where MCC were this classy no talk team, but from what I hear they are the ones crying the most. Maybe not on here so much but behind the scenes. Maybe if they had some coaches then they could get their players focused on the game and not try to make excuses before even playing it. I hate to say it, but the regular season is over now....your record doesn't matter now. Loser takes the walk of shame!! Focus on ur game and quit crying over this and that. The game is won on the field...not on paper!

A first year team, a lot of growing pains, only a few hard working guys holding it together...we all know how tough this can be. Major win for the team to build on. Good luck to all this Saturday in Round One!!!!!! Play smart and stay healthy.
Andy "The Worm"
IFL Ref Dude

I don't really care who u picked up. I've played against bigger and better and I'm not really intimidated by what they bring to the table. If they pick up 11 different guys good for them. I'm still gonna play my game. And for the whole talkers and whining thing, give it up,, I don't really care what's being said,, I'll let my playing do the talking.

"I saw the post where MCC were this classy no talk team, but from what I hear they are the ones crying the most. Maybe not on here so much but behind the scenes. Maybe if they had some coaches then they could get their players focused on the game and not try to make excuses before even playing it."

Sorry bro, none of us were making excuses and apparently we did focus on the game. We don't normally post on here because 90% of this board is just players from different teams whining and crying back and forth. We don't feel the need to do that. We show up, play our game win or lose, and go home (after a brew or 18 of course).

We don't come on here talking smack and we'd appreciate it if you could do the same.