supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Official Predictions For September 24th (POST ALL SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW).

Can you smell it kids? It's harvest time- bonfires, apple cider, crisp evenings and leaves falling. The Cubs have completed their late season choke and those other rich guys who play football in the NFL are now in full effect. For all of us, it's playoff time. For many, the playoffs are upon you, and for the rest- they will be here very soon. It's time to leave behind all of the talk and the reckless passion of the summertime, and get down to the business of staying alive. Win or go home- it is why all of you play the game we love. Good luck to all- and may you all prove me as wrong as did the COL last week. Let's get at it.

Indiana Titans @ Lake County Steelers

The Titans have overcome a sluggish couple of weeks and are still alive for a playoff run. They've added some critical pieces and will allegedly have big Don back to scream at his line and work over the Steelers' defensive line. The Steelers 2005 season has been a disappointment and there is no way around that. Plagued by an inconsistent and ever changing roster, and an offense that stalls more than my first car. The Titans' young quarterback will be the difference in this one- and if he can settle down and trust his offense, they should win easily. If not, they'll slide by and get hammered next time.

Titans 29
Steelers 6

Louisville Bulls @ Indiana Mustangs

The Bulls have a very respectable defense, but an offense that is clearly not ready for the MCFL. Though they have stayed in games with the mighty Seminoles and Cleveland Lions, they average a pitiful 9.1 points per game. The Mustang offense is not what it was in years past, but is good enough to be third best in the league- and that is by itself saying something. The Mustangs did the better of their opponent in the first one, but both teams are better than they were in the first meeting. The equalizing factor will be the fact that the Bulls travel very poorly- and this weekend will be no exception.

Mustangs 22
Bulls 8

Central Ohio Lions @ Cleveland Lions

Though it is still clear that this COL team is not on the caliber of the teams of the past, it is also true that the COL offense has experienced an offensive resurgence of considerable measure. Having said that, it would be hard for me to pick even the dominant COL teams of old over this balanced and deep Cleveland squad. Cleveland does not offer blowout after blowout, but instead finds a way to make plays when they need to against very good competition. The Cleveland running game will be where the game is won- and the thing that the COL must stop to have a prayer. Though they will be outsized on both lines- the COL might have a chance to break the will of the Cleveland squad. Though the COL has my support, they can't get my pick this week. The team from the mistake-on-the-lake is just too good.

Cleveland Lions 24
Central Ohio Lions 14

Madison County Pirates @ West Ohio Wranglers

So the Pirates have suffered a surprising late season slide, and the Wranglers have "added" some talent. Though I expect that the rest of the IFL is taking the outcome of this game for granted, I guarantee that Captain Hill is not. The Pirates will make this trip with a sense of purpose, and the Wranglers will soon learn that they are not facing the Longhorns. The Wrangler defense matches up well with the Pirates, and as such will keep the game closer than some think- in particular if the Pirates turn the ball over a lot. One thing IS certain, and that is that the Wrangler offense is NOT ready for the Pirate defense- and that will be the story of the game. It won't be pretty, but it will be a W.

Pirates 17
Wranglers 0

Hardin County Wolverines @ Evansville Vipers

There may be a lot of griping about the Wranglers' roster and issues with it- but you can be certain that the Wolverines' roster will be triple checked before this huge game. The Vipers are already making the trip to Homestead in January, and the winner of this game has a very good chance to grab the OVFL title. This is clearly the biggest game of the week, and should come down to the wire. The Vipers offense, while maintaining a level far beyond most any team in the state, has been inconsistent late in the season, and the Wolverines' defense always comes to play and brings the lumber. After dismantling the Punishers, the Wolverines make the trip up to Evansville, and they will find a determined Vipers team. The difference in this one will be special teams, and that advantage clearly goes to the Vipers.

Vipers 31
Wolverines 27

Circle City Soldiers @ Hoosier Hurricanes

This one will also be a doozy, and promises to come down to the last whistle as these two teams know one another well. The battle for Naptown dominance has been twice won by the Hurricanes, and my feeling is that their smothering defense will be the difference in this one as well. The Hurricanes are the fastest team- across their roster- in the state, and maybe in the midwest.The Soldier backfield is as good as any in the country, but even great backs have to have holes to run through. The Soldiers, having beaten the Wolverines and dominated much of their schedule, will be left only to a post season tournament to demonstrate their prowess, and to those that may meet them, beware. The Hurricanes will win the day, and have a helluva shot to win the OVFL as well.

Hurricanes 18
Soldiers 7

Randolph County Cougars @ West Central Wildcats

This could be a preview of the playoff semifinal, and will be the game that decides will lock up home-field in the playoffs. Though both teams are 4-2, the Wildcats are clearly the better team. Not only have the Brazil Bombers won the head-to-head game by a comfortable margin, but they have several more quality wins than do the Cougars. The best reason why the Wildcats will win is that they have a very good defense, and a good defense always trumps a good offense- the latter of which the Cougars do not even have. Though Zeb has for a while hoped to enjoy domination in a weaker league, he's run right into a team that will deny him that opportunity and likely take the title from him. On this day, it is just another regular season win for the Wildcats.

Wildcats 23
Cougars 6

Grant County Scorpions @ Delaware County Chargers

The Scorpions have made it pretty clear that they are in it to win it, and the memories of that 83 point shellacking are long behind them. They've faced the best the MFL has to offer, and have the league's best record to show for it. Though their offense still has kinks to work out, the Scorpion defense can hold its own with anyone in the league. The Chargers are more or less right where many of us had predicted this season, and in a city the size of Muncie, it is hard to imagine why. The Chargers have not been blown off any field they've been on, but they continue to shoot themselves in the foot- a habit the Scorps were glad to have left behind in the preseason.

Scorpions 22
Chargers 0

That's all I've got kids. Travel safe and enjoy the game while you can- before you know it, it will be the dead of winter, and you'll have nothing but memories, so make some good ones. This game won't bring you fame and fortune- but if you play your hearts out and leave it all on the field- you will make your mommas proud, fellas.

Re: Official Predictions For September 24th (POST ALL SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW).

Hey Supa,

As the new leader of the Wranglers offense and the signal caller...I kinda take affense to that prediction! I'm not used to you picking against the team I'm playing for, but I must say being the underdog actually feels good! I'm gonna rally up the troops to this post and go for that win! This game doesn't have much signifigance, but its another confidence builder going into the playoffs! I doubt that we'll be held scoreless though. Thats why we play the games tho.

Wrangler #11

Re: Official Predictions For September 24th (POST ALL SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW).

hey supa, Bears play boilingbrook tomorrow at home, thanks

i would have to agree with wrangler 11. i also take offense to that statement. we wont be held scoreless on saturday. but i do think it will be a close game. looking forward to seeing you wrangler 11 on saturday. im already rounded up and ready for the signals and ready for a WIN

Pirates vs Wranglers
CANCELLED The AD at the school determined that the field was too wet to play on. 2 hour drive for nothing Pretty much a useless day for the Pirates. Oh well on to next week. Thanks guys, I know you feel as bad as we do. We understand that sometimes things are just out of your control. Good luck next weekend

Scorpions 12
Chargers 6

Indiana Mustangs 16
Louisville Bulls 15

Cleveland Lions 26
COL 12

How bout the rest of the scores?

Indiana Titans 25
Lake CountySteelers 0

Supa...
Next week the Titans have a bye (Lincoln Tigers folded)
We will be traveling to Indy to face the CI Bears on the 8th.

Yeah the Bears win again. Great game!!! The best we have played in all year. Hats off to the Stallions. They brought it yesterday and they were ready to win. But of course CIB always come to play and pulled it out. Thanks to the kicker. One more down and 5 to go!!!!!

The Titans/Bears rematch sounds like a great one, and at least now I will know who the CIB are playing BEFORE I make my predictions

thanks for the updates, kids.

How bout the Vipers score? The anticipation is killing me, though I have my suspicions given that no one has posted yet

We still need the Hurricanes/ Soldiers Score as well- among others.

Hey supa, so you know for next week CIB will be playing the Firehawks at home. #50

Wildcats 18
Chargers 12 OT

It was the COUGARS that the Wildcats beat in OT, yes?

on a sad note- I did get my hands on that Vipers score.

Wolverines 41
Vipers 14

you read it right. the word on the street is that there were several turnovers and the Vipers could not rebound, but they still plan to take the trip to Homestead in January.

Yes, It was the Cougars!! not the Chargers..
My mistake..