supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Official Predictions For October 8th (POST ALL SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW).

Playoff time and the livin is easy- at least for those still alive in the playoff hunt. There are a number of big battles this week and the weeks of Semipro football are drawing to a close, so go out and get your fix while you can.

South Central Broncos @ Darke County Warriors

We'll start out with this one because of all of the drama and back and forth surrounding it. Beef seems to have taken offense to my comments last week, and a number of players from both sides of the fence have been volleying insults at one another back and forth across our board. Here's the deal- these are two good teams with two dedicated and competent coaches. There has been much drama, but at the end of the day, it will come down to which team plays better on the field, not our messageboard. The Broncos are playing great defense, and the Warriors' offense has reemerged a bit. My guess is that Beef has kept the ball on the ground and that the Broncos are finally healthy- thus the success of those two units. As I said before, neither the Generals or the Warriors will beat the Broncos or the Pirates, and now that the table is set- I stand by that assessment. If you're looking for offense- you need to be in Ft Recovery, though- this day will belong the the defenses.

Broncos 16
Warriors 10

Kosciusco County Mustangs @ Mercer County Cougars

There is one story and one story only in this game: the Mustang running game. If the Mustangs can establish a ball control offense and learn how to have success running the ball, they can stay in this one. If they throw the ball 40 times in this game, there will be sacks, fumbles and interceptions in spades. The Cougar pass rush is the best in the league, and has given the Mustangs fits twice already this season. Rather than trying to protect the old #11, Santa Sid needs to run the football. Of course, he is facing the Cougar defense, so nothing is certain- but it is the Mustangs only hope. The Cougars will roll up the ground yardage, and that is a given, but if the Mustangs can themselves run the ball well and keep the Cougars out of the red zone, the have a chance- albeit very small. My money is on the mighty Cougars this day.

Cougars 26
Mustangs 13

Adams County Patriots @ Grant County Scorpions

Wayne and his crew have at times looked like the team they hoped to be in 2005, but a short bench and a lack of experience have left them at 2-4 and facing elimination. True to form, the Scorpions have endured the long preseason and are in position to win the MFL title after a murderous trip in the early going. By not turning the ball over and beginning to sustain drives, the Scorpion offense has put itself in position to score, and when they score points, their defense can hold its own with any squad in the MFL. Props to Wolf and his Patriots- and things can only get better next season. The Scorpions move closer to that MFL title, and closer to an inevitable date with the Wildcats on the 15th.

Scorpions 23
Patriots 6

Delaware County Chargers @ West Central Wildcats

The Wildcats play on Sunday, which is - for many- a traditional day of rest. Their guests, however, will get no rest this Sunday, but will instead be chasing Wildcat runners and facing the tenacious Wildcat defense. Earl has again succeeded in overcoming the low expectations by upsetting the Cougars, but is making the trip to play a far better team this week. The Chargers have been twice turned away by the Wildcats already this season- and have not yet seen them at full strength. Look for the Wildcats' running game to break this one open early.

Wildcats 26
Chargers 12

Miami Valley Warriors @ Michigan Steelers

Coach Ross, I have to say that I am proud that you and your crew have made it as far as you have. Your defense has far outperformed expectations and your offense has found a way more often than not to get it done. I do fear, however, that your season will end as it began- with a close loss. My guess is that they'll have just a few too many offensive weapons to fend off for the whole night. Big props to the Warriors, your 2005 campaign was clearly a success. I've got confidence that even if the LSFL is not around in 2006, the Warriors will.

Steelers 29
Warriors 26

Central Ohio Lions @ Cleveland Lions

It is clear that the COL have gotten better as the season has gone on, but it is also clear - just as it was a couple of weeks ago- that the Cleveland club is too strong to beat at home. The game will be close- I know that COL defense will not let it get out of control. You'll find that the Lions won't make any mistakes, but they'll force you to make a few. The season will not end in South Florida, but it was a strong season nonetheless.

Cleveland Lions 26
CO Lions 16

Lafayette Lions @ Mid State Steel

So, Brian and the gang- this is it. You all are no strangers to the title game, but have yet to close the deal. You had your mid season stumble and have found a way to get things done even when shorthanded on offense. Though this team beat you in the regular season, you are a better disciplined team and are not afraid of them, and my feeling is that it will show on Saturday night. Given that your team responded to my having picked them to lose last week, I feel obliged to do the same again. I'll pick you to lose so you can win the title- perfect logic. I trust someone will get on that computer first thing to let us know about the end of the title drought ASAP on Saturday. Good luck, gang.

Steel 35
Lions 24

Indiana Titans @ Central Indiana Bears

It looks like the Titans are on a roll and that the Bears are indeed stoppable. Nonetheless, this will be a good game. The Titan defense has found its identity as a big play take-away and bend-not-break unit, and have had success. The Titan offense, too has finally been able to put forth a consistent aerial attack. With those pieces in place, it is pretty clear that this game will be different than the close Bears victory up north. The victor is relatively clear, the spread depends on how well the Bears passing game is able to count on its big plays to stay in the game. The only game in Naptown on Saturday will be a good one, but will be a W for the Titans.

Titans 25
Bears 15

Okay, kids- that's all I've got. Uncle Supa's had a long week and am gonna be outta the loop for a day or two. Please be sure to get those details up and get all the scores in.

Re: Official Predictions For October 8th (POST ALL SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW).

Supa,

Beware of the Chargers. They are a better team than people think. If Earl can get the team to travel well, the Wildcats will need to have a good game to win. The Chargers game was the Scorps toughest game in the regular season. The game will be good either way.

Pats @ Scorps game will be hard fought smash mouth football at is best. Good luck Pats.

Go Scorps,

Matt Hansel
Scorpions #69

Re: Official Predictions For October 8th (POST ALL SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW).

Wildcats @ Chargers

Do to the Wildcats field conditions, the game will be hosted by the Chargers.

Muncie SouthSide High School
Sat - Oct 8th - 6:00 PM kick off

Earl gets lucky again, lol.

Good Luck,

Scorpions #69

Much respect for ya supa, but I tell you, its funny how it seems that we will have to win it all to get any respect from anybody. Dont be suprised!! # 50

JC.......
I dont think your team has to win it all to gain respect at least from teams in the MSFL. You have gained the respect that you have earned.
Good luck this week...No matter how this game turns out, we will both be playing next week...

Don Gambrel #68

The Mustangs and Warriors are going to lose. Cougars will host the Broncos for the Bushman Trophy on 10/15.

...just like Uncle Supa said!

Gambrel, You are right, should be happy that we are playing next week. I tell you though, we are really looking forward for the rematch tomorrow! Nothing better then two teams that are closely matched to be playing again in the same year, after a close first game. Should be webcast game of the week. Goodluck tomorrow!!! On the respect end, well talk about it at the end of the season lol

Hey Just Watch

Can you tell me again what teams are going to play for the Bushman trophy? Becuase this is about the 4th time you have posted that comment.

ChickenHead a.k.a. (Just tired of hearing it.)
Andy Crisp
K.C. Mustangs

The Mustangs and Warriors are going to lose. Cougars will host the Broncos for the Bushman Trophy on 10/15.

...just like Uncle Supa said!

Broncos 31
Warriors 15

Upset.

Mercer County 30
KC Mustangs 37

Anonymattsteeleous

For all the people who dont like me, well i hate to say it but I TOLD YOU SO just kidin .
Congrats to the Broncos & Mustangs- just want to thank you for makin me right.

Patriots 00
Scorpions 34

waiting for the score from the south!!

i dont feel so bad now that i know osu and MU both lost

Bears pull off a stunning come from behind victory. After leading the game for 2-1/2 quarters, the Titans scored the go ahead towchdown to lead 17 - 13. Then the Bears rallied with two touchdowns in the last 2 minutes to secure home field in the first round of the playoffs:

Bear 25
Titans 17

Great game, Titans play us with all they had to the end. See you all next weekend back here in Indy.

Mid State 28

Buffalo Lions 14

Wildcats 15
Chargers 08

The Cats will face the Scorpions for the championship!

Supa,
Sad to say that the Miami Valley Warriors season is over. We played in the Championship game last night in Detroit Michigan against a talented Michigan Steelers team and we lost 13-7. The Michigan Steelers capitalized off of a fumble and took it in for the final score. I am proud of my players and we have a very very good core group of players that will be returning for 2006. Thank you for following us this season and we will continue to keep you all posted on updated progress.

Coach Agee
Miami Valley Warriors

Fruitcake is good. Where I come from calling a guy a fruitcake means you want to eat him. This weekend wear a big shirt that says JUST WATCH. I wont let you eat me, but i will let you lick my right elbow. I would let you lick my left but i got a scab on it. I didnt get to have the honor to play against the broncos this year in our first meeting, I had a really bad hang-nail. But I look forward to playing a great group of athletes.