supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Official Predictions For October 22nd (POST ALL SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW).

Okay- for most, the post season is here, and you have an opportunity to have your season extended, and will play another day. Here's to you gang- and your SupaFan would love to see another trophy come home to our little community. LEt's get to it...

Kankakee Seminoles @ Indiana Titans

The first thing I want to say before we get into this game is that the first Titan win was NOT a fluke. The Seminoles are beatable to be certain, and if the Titans play very well, they can do it again. The Seminoles got themselves into trouble last time they were in Galien by turning the ball over and failing to capitalize on good field position of their own. For the Titans to win this one, they'll need to win the time of possession and field position battles. There is no question that the reinvigorated Titan offense can score, but ball control is the answer in this one. Unfortunately, my gut tells me that Seminoles will not make as many mistakes as they did last time.

Seminoles 26
Titans 18

Indiana Mustangs @ Grant County Scorpions

This one was closer than we expected in the first match-up way back in June (how long ago does that seem?). There is no question that the Scorps- having come right to the threshold of an MFL title- are much better than they were on that summer day. But guess what? So are the Mustangs. Both of these teams have big play athletes and a lot of guys that go very hard from whistle to whistle- no one can doubt that. The Scorpions have come a long way in 2005, and have a lot to be proud of. Having said all of that, there is no question that the MCFL and the MFL are worlds apart. The Mustangs have faced much better teams week in and week out, and that will be the difference in this one.

Mustangs 28
Scorpions 8

Mansfield Marauders @ Lima Warriors

The Marauders are a lot better than most of the teams the Warriors have faced to be certain. At times, the Marauders' running game has been just plain sick. On the other hand, (with apologies to the Hurricanes and Vipers), there is no team in the entire OVFL as good as the Warriors. The Warrior defense- even in the face of all of this time off will still be dominant in this game. My guess is that there will be some rust on that offensive unit, but with the number of turnovers forced from Mansfield, they won't have too far to go to get into the end zone. Lima advances.

Warriors 32
Marauders 12

Central Ohio Lions @ Cincinnati Kings Comets

After having to face the mighty Cleveland Lions, the COL gets another shot at the Comets. The Kings Comets are one of those teams that can really look like world beaters on a given week- coming close to toppling some of the best teams on our radar on several occasions over the past couple of years. The Comet passing attack is somewhere between the Grand Rapids and KC Mustang level- very well conceived and executed- and with pretty solid athletes. The difference, of course, is that they have to face the Lion defense. While the Lions have yielded more rushing yards this year than at any time in recent memory- their pass defense is pretty solid. Experience and defense are in the Lions' corner and will make the difference.

Lions 24
Comets 14

IFL North vs. IFL South

Well, Hemi, Cougars or no Cougars, it is pretty clear to me how this game is going to break down. The North will feature the big offensive punch- with the passing game of the Mustangs and the ground game of the Longhorns- with some help up front from the Wranglers. The South will, of course, feature some fantastic defensive players. The question is really less about which players play- and more about how they work together. Those of you who have played in an All-Star game know that it takes a while to learn the system and tendencies of those with whom you are playing. There's no doubt that everyone there has talent, but how well can the guys on your team come together in a short time? Since there is no question that it takes less time to come together on the defensive side of the ball than it does on offense- the clear advantage goes to the South. The South All-Stars will not need to have much of an offensive punch (though they might) as their defense will assure great field position all day long.

South 28
North 14

By my count, that is it. November's on the way- get your football while you can kids.
Make your mommas and your leagues and divisions proud, fellas- most of you are playing for more than just your team this week- so make sure you represent.

Re: Official Predictions For October 22nd (POST ALL SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW).

Supa,

Not sure where you got your information, but the LIMA WARRIORS are not playing any games until the 2006 season. We are not in any tournaments and will not be playing the Marauders. Thanks for the predicting us to win though.

Where did you find this information?

Coach Parkins

Re: Official Predictions For October 22nd (POST ALL SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW).

Titans 27
Seminoles 13

The dream is still alive. Titans move on to the MSFL championship game. Very hard hitting game on a cold wet night!!

Titans #14
Eastern Conference Champs

Sorry wrong message icon and I had to correct it.

South 41
North 14

Justin Miller had like 350 total yards passing and rushing and all t.d.'s.
David Vance 300 yards in total offense and 4 touchdowns.
Dave Overla 2 picks.

Brian Yoder from the North had 12 tackles and 4 hurries.

Defensive MVP #50 from the North Brian Yoder.
Offensive MVP #10 Justin Miller from the South.

GAME MVP Duh... David Vance from the South.

Coaches wife

TWALKER- you have my congratulations and my support in the title game. I trust you and my man big Don will give us all of the updates for that game as we get close to it. Please keep us all informed.

Coach Parkins- I am more than a little bit confused- my source for information on this game came pretty close to from what I regard as the horse's mouth:

http://www.ohiosemipronews.com/tournament/buckeyebattle_2005.htm

maybe you can clear all of that up for me/us.

Indiana Titans (8-4) Vs Chicago Thunder (10-1)
Sunday Oct 30th 1:00pm
Hanson Stadium
Chicago Ill.

Supa...All I ask is that you predict us to lose
We were talking about your predictions before the game and come to the conclusion that it works to our advantage.

The worst part about playing at Hanson Stadium other than its the Thunders Home field...Its "Old School Turf"..Hard Concrete Carpet.
But this Old Man will be up for it regardless....

I gotcha now Supa. The Buckeye Battle was cancelled do to lack of participation. The bracket you see was just a sample of what could have been. Sorry for the confusion.

Gambrel, Man I tell you what, you guys are doing the da** thing, keep it up. CI Bears are pulling for you guys for a couple of reasons. One you guys are in our division and we have to take it, but the main reason is.....We want to be able to say we knocked off the champs next year. lol GOOD LUCK TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!

Gambrel, the worst part about Chicago's field is that the lights they use are bascially parking lot lights and they are really low. It's hard to hook up for long passes because you lose the ball in the dark. I hope you're playing during the day.
But they do have SWEET locker rooms underneath the stands.

Good luck. Do Indiana proud!

Thanks Dan...JC...
Game is scheduled at 1:00pm...
We played them earlier and alot has changed for us so hopefully we will keep things rolling