I wanna hear your opinions on who is the top 5 Rb's in the league, top 5 qb's, top 5 recievers in the IFL.
(based on the info you know at this point)
I will fill mine in after a few others fill it.
I must qualify my selections with the following comments. Due to the IFL league competition structure in the 2005 season, I did not have the opportunity to see the Kosciusko County Mustangs, Noble County Longhorns, or the West Ohio Wranglers. With respects to the Mustangs, I did see their Quarterback in action in the IFL 2004 season. Thus, along with the Mustangs performance last year, I feel he improved or at the very least maintained his talent level.
Additionally, it goes without saying that I can not possibly comment on the two expansion teams in 2006.
Also, I can only assume that you have started this as the first three positions that you will cover. I will say however that were it not for the "big uglies" up fron, none of the guys below would have ANY success.
1. Bobby Burton - South Central Broncos: Very tough runner
2/3. Chris Guggenbiller - Mercer County Cougars: Strong and tough between the tackles
2/3. Chad Timmerman - Mercer County Cougars: Nice complement to #4 with added quickness
4/5. B. J. Paulus - Darke County Warriors: fast with break away speed, good on the edges
4/5. Barry Paulus - Darke County Warriors: complements # 15 with tough between the tackles running
1. Adam Wenning - Mercer County Cougars: unquestioned leader of the team. Plays hurt and tough. Has all the tools; running, arm strength, prescence
2. Mike Whitaker - Kosciusko County Mustangs: good pocket passer, strong arm
3/4. Justin Miller - Darke County Warriors: tough and plays within their system
3/4. Korrie Gillespie - Madison County Pirates: Vick-like abilities
1. Mark Stephens - South Central Broncos versatile player, makes plays. Also can play Runningback.
2. Eric Rozens - Hendricks County Generals: key receiver in their system, can split out wide
3. Brandon Shipman - South Central Broncos: great hands, courageous in the middle
I want to add that, yes, this is just for these 3 positions for now. Later I would like to cover the other positions. Also, I know that its hard to determine this given the absence of information not at hand. ( I know I just want something to look at right now.)
1. My boy Bobby Burton, toughest kid on the planet with a football in his hands.
2. 24 from the KC Mustangs, can't remember his name, can't quit thinking about how good his skills are.
3. Half in, half out. Israel Thompson, 1997 Mr. Football hard nosed and deceptively quick.
4. Fullback from Lagrange Co. last year, hard runner.
5. Pistol, Darke Co. Beef has many running backs in the backfield for sure.
1. Mike Whitaker, KC Mustangs. Strong arm, good decision maker.
2. Korey Gillespie, Pirates another big time runner with the ball, strong arm.
3. Pistol, strong runner and good passer.
4. don't know
5. don't know
1. David Vance, WOW.
2. Rondell Ferguson, fast, smart and can run the ball as well.
3. 24 from KC Mustangs, very scary in the passing game.
4. Mark Stephens, big target. Gives all his effort on every play.
5. Levi Griggs ??, Generals. Always making big plays.
I also didn't see all teams last year.
I dont know many players by name, could you tell me what teams Rondell Ferguson, isreal Thompson, and Mark Stephens play for?
I think ill make my attempt to rank these guys.
1. Bobby Burton- bruising fullback
2. mustangs HB- Good pass reciever and Elusive.
3. General HB- Finds ways to get the yards with good talent
3. Broncos HB- Not sure if he will be playing or not but ill assume yes. tough runner. tied number 3.
5. Warriors FB Snyder?- another bruising fullback with recieving ability.
1. Whittaker- Mustangs qb. Sees the field well with running ability, tough to bring down. good pocket awarness
2. Mercer co. QB- Ability to make the play with good arm strength.
2. Warriors QB 10- also ranked 2. Good arm with good scrambling ability. tough.
4. Pirates QB- Very fast scrambler. Good arm.
5. Wranglers QB- Good Scrambler, can make plays in the air and on the ground.
WR's (Counting Vance in)
1. Vance Pirates- best all around reciever
2. Sweets Cougers- Gets open and makes good catches
2. Broncos- I dont know his name or number but he was in the allstar game. catches well and uses his size well. Good speed as well
2. Mustangs WR- They have a few good guys id like to list but the number one guy goes up and makes the play. good speed and hands
2. Generals WR- A good route runner with speed and good catching.
6. Pirates- to accompany vance this guy is fast. I dont know much about him but what i do know is that hes fast and he can catch some touchdowns.
There are some good recievers that I had to leave out that easily coulda been switched in
korrie gillespie is a great qb has a great arm!
why would you bring this thread back to the top when it is many years old?
1. JEREMY HIBBEN-GENERALS BEST IFL HAS EVER SEEN
2. RONDELL FERGUSON-BRONCOS PLAYS WR BUT WON A CHAMPIONSHIP AS A QB,WR,AND COACH "IMPRESSIVE"
3. TJ- CUTTERS BIG QB STRONG ARM.
4. SUNSHINE AKA CHOKE ARTIST- IVE WON 5 SHIPS IN A ROW HE HAS BEEN ON THE LOSING END OF 4 OF THEM.
5. KORRIE GILLESPIE-PIRATES FAST BIG ARM NOT VERY ACCURATE.
1. ISRAEL THOMPSON-CUTTERS MOST PEOPLE THINK HES OVER RATED BUT BOTTOM LINE IS THIS GUY GETS THE JOB DONE, AND I CAN GUARENTEE YOU IF YOU ASK ANY DEFENSIVE PLAYER ON ANY TEAM WHO THEY WOULD RATHER NOT SEE ON THE FIELD IT WOULD BE THIS GUY.
2. BOBBY BURTON-BRONCOS/CUTTERS ME AND THIS GUY HAVE BEEN PLAYING TOGETHER FOR 6 YEARS TOGETHER WITH 5 CHAMPIONSHIPS IN A ROW SINCE WE JOINED THE I.F.L. AND I GUARENTEE YOU THEIR IS NOT ANOTHER PLAYER THAT WORKS HARDER THEN THIS GUY.
3. NICK ANDERSON-BRONCOS/CUTTERS MORE OF A SLASHER BUT HE CAN CHANGE THE GAME WITH HIS ELUSIVENESS OUT OF THE BACK FIELD.
4. DARREN ???-DRAGONS/GENERALS GUY IS FAST AS HELL BETTER WRAP OF BECAUSE IF HE GETS A CREASE HES GONE.
5. AARON BIGGS-CUTTERS HAD TO SHARE TIME WITH IZZY BUT THIS GUY IS GOOD.
1. DEXTER STALLWORTH-BRONCOS PLAYED ONLY ONE SEASON IN THE IFL ON BRONCOS FIRST CHAMPIONSHIP. PLAYED AT GEORGIA TECH BIG PHYSICAL GUY RAN VERY PRECISE ROUTES AND KNEW HOW TO USE HIS BODY TO HIS ADVANTAGE.
2. RONDELL FERGUSON-BRONCOS I KNOW I HAVE HIM LISTED AT QB AS WELL BUT THIS GUY IS JUST THAT GOOD PUT HIM ON THE FIELD AND HE WILL PRODUCE WHAT EVER YOU WANT HIM TO. SMALL GUY BUT I GUARENTEE YOU AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON IT I GUARENTEE YOU THAT THEIR IS NOT ONE DB IN THE IFL THAT CAN JAM THIS DUDE OFF THE LINE AND HE RUNS THE BEST ROUTES I'VE EVER SEEN IN THE IFL AND MAYBE IN SEMI PRO HISTORY, MAKES EVERY ROUTE HE RUNS LOOK THE EXACT SAME.
3. DAVID VANCE-PIRATES ONLY PLAYED THE GUY FOR 2 YEARS BUT HE WAS A FLAT OUT PLAYMAKER PERIOD.
4. MARK STEPHENS-BRONCOS ANOTHER GREAT TALENT BIG GUY RUNS GOOD ROUTES BIG TARGET AND THIS IS NO DISRESPECT TO HIM OR ANY OF THE GUYS ON THIS LIST BUT IF HE WORKED OUT 7 DAYS A WEEK AND GOT AN AGENT THIS GUY TRULY COULD BE PLAYING ON SUNDAYS THEIRS NOT A DOUBT IN MY MIND ABOUT THAT.
5. JAKEEM GILMORE-CUTTERS THIS DUDE IS THE FASTEST GUY I HAVE EVER PLAYED WITH OR SEEN IN SEMI PRO FOOTBALL INCLUDING ROBERT REDD. HE HAS IT ALL THE ONLY DOWN FALL THIS GUY HAS IS HE MAKES ONE TO MANY MOVES AFTER THE CATCH. I ALSO BELIEVE HE WAS NOT UTALIZED RIGHT AND HE DID NOT HAVE A GOOD STRONG ARM QB TO PLAY WITH, PUT THIS GUY ON THE GENERALS WITH HIBBEN AND I GUARENTEE YOU HE WOULD SERIOUSLY BE UNSTOPABLE IN THE IFL.
It is an old thread haha I wanna throw a WR name out there tho Shean Bosworth, you can say hes just a tall WR but hes had great production the last 5 years from what ive seen anyways. Pistols a great QB as well I wouldnt block for any other QB.
well i think J J from the Generals should be in the top 5 of all them
I agree 100% with JJ needing to be #1 at all spots!
bruce rochell is a great qb and wr if i must say... ive played with him he's really talented
hey why don't i post my name with out saying it me so i can make me look better
and while i'm at it i'll put my coaches name down to cuz a sleaze-ball always loves to brown nose
Sounds like someones jealous or sour they didnt get their name mentioned lol its ok hit the gym bust your ass and maybe just maybe you can do a little more to stand out lmao...
I got a couple other shouts Burton is a beast no doubt, Doughtits speed and ability to make people miss is rediculous, ive seen Hibbeln play once and he seems to me very smart with a great accurate arm, the generals TE was a stud. a WR from the cougars that was an absolute play maker I seen him go way up and snatch a few, Sullivan from the Raiders is very talented, Mustangs QB, milkshake, Brian Snyder was a bruiser for the warriors hopefuly hell be with the force next year, just to name a few though.
ok who ever (really) is i hope you not talking about me i dont need topost under neithe another name to say im a great player i know im a great player in every position i played so i hope your not talkin about me... every post i put in here i put my name.. to whoever hmm is thank you for the comment about me being in the top 5... at least somebody see me as a great player...
I love semipro.Have been a fan for couple years now. As much as I hate to admit though I can name 4 or 5 receivers in the MFL better than the ones yall have listed that I have seen play withh my own 2 blue eyes:
West Central Wildcats have two realy good receivers. #9 is a good blocker&possession receiver. #33 is quick and can catch. Also run goo routes The Ohio River Bearcats have some nice receivers as well. #16 is a PLAYMAKER andd #6 has world class speed!
Also there's a kid for the Ohio Force who's good too. He's huge! Like 6'5 can catch and run as well.
qbs 2009 season
3.shamrock not sure number
4.mustangs 30 i think
1.cutters wr #7
3.mustangs wr 12
4.general te 88 i think
just my opinion on them
this is the ranker's defense...
Mustangs P/A 124pts
Wolfpack P/A 78pts
Generals P/A 37pts
Crush P/A 188pts
Shamrock P/A 128pts
Now I may sound a little "Bias" BUT WHAT THE FUCK!
THE CUTTERS GAVE UP 55 PTS. 17PTS TO THE GENERALS AND 18 TO THE MUSTANGS, THATS 35 THAT MEANS 20PTS TO THE OTHER 6 TEAMS... ONLY 13 TOTAL IN THE PLAYOFFS...
IT SEEMS TO ME THAT ONE OF THOSE MUSTANGS BOYFRIENDS DICIDED TO GET ON HERE AND SPOUT OFF WITH NO KNOWLEDGE EXCEPT WANTING SOME "CRISPY" LOVING
GENERALS CUTTERS AND WOLFPACK ALL HAD GOOD DEFENSES...
SORRY I HAVENT BROUGHT MY SYMPATHY WITH ME ON THIS POST. THE SHAMMYS AND CRUSH BOTH GAVE UP MORE THAN THEY EVEN SCORED...
YOU FUCKERS OUT HERE IN LALA SUPA LAND NEED SOME GOD DAMN LOGIC TO BE WRAPPED UP IN A PRETTY LITTLE BOX WITH A NICE LITTLE BOW AND STUFFED UNDER YOUR TINY LITTLE TREE!!!
I don't have stats on all the players. I do have
them for the best wide reciever in the league.
Joe Zeunik is by far the most outstanding reciever.
He has great moves before and after catching the ball.
He is always open. He catches everything in reach.
He had 48 receptions, 10 toouchdowns, and 935 yards.
He had 10 catches for 201 yards and 2 touchdowns in
the second Wolfpack game. He is also an the best
blocking reciever. Watch your tapes.
Most people dont know, But the crush running back 42 i think it was scored on every team once he was the starting running back. he was the first to score on the generals, when they had only give up 5 total points to that point. scored a total of 3 against the mustangs, 2 in one game. he started the 4th game of the season, and from that point on had 7 td and over 700 yards rushing.
just my opinion.
ok but the crush got the ball on the generals 3 yard line on a turnover. not like he worked his way down the field. ask him yourself. generals d was way to much for him
For those who couldn't figure out that dadz is Joe's
dad, you now know.
Dude 51-7 the score off a turnover and it being 3yrds out... Shit! Santa Claus could make that run!
if you just wanna argue that DeLeon is a good player pick a different situation...
Lets face it the Generals played the 2 bottom teams in the league to start the year both shutouts. Then played the wolfpack in a tight game 7-5... woohoo
your boy scored the 1st TD of the year against the Generals... It was going to happen... unless your crazy enough to think they'd shut out the whole season.
As for scoring on every team... He didn't score on the wolfpack or the cutters.
Get your facts! Hes a fine runner but you are in right field swatting gnats!
firstname.lastname@example.org as an email didn't exactly give me a clear identity. Post something a little more clear...
everybody at one time had a dad... dad zeunik would be a better start... Not everyone knows you or your son...
Damn Kurt be nice you are on fire.
its the holidays! somebody put me out!
ya i thought fat guys were jolly around the holidays ha ha jk still a little lighter mood would be nice
If you read my intial post, you would see that I said he scored on every team once he became the starting running back, and he didnt become the starting running back until the 4th game. and both the cutters and wolfpack games were before the fourth game. And I believe had several Big runs on every team (When he became the starter), I know for a fact that he Had at least 1-20yard run on every team (When he became the starter) including the Generals. And the crush were on the lower half of the league, so yeah Im assuming it should have been a shutout. I still dont see how the crush played well enough at all to get the gens backed up and cause a turnover?
I'm done focusing my anger on your OPINION. So why dont you ask a General how they got backed up to the 3yrd line and get an answer to how he scored...
how about this... YOU were correct in the 4th game bullshit. If thats true. But excluding the generals in week 4 they played the same 2 bottom teams and the mustangs twice who put up 40pt both times. The final 4 games were against records of 0-8, 1-7, 5-3 (2)
I'm just against people getting on here and blowing their buddy up to be all world... W/o a Damn good reason.
They won 2 games! 96total pts. 41 vs the panthers...
Would some General defender get on here and let this person know what the hell he wants to know!
One of the J's in JJ stands for Jesus...
Im out of this unless provoked!
kurt, it was a punt bro. crush had a hell of a kicker. we stopped them and he kicked the hell out of the ball and downed it on the 3 or something. our backup running back fumbled the ball and on third down they got a run off left tackle at me, i blew it haha. to toot my own horn a lil bit. i have been lucky to be apart of 3 great defenses, captain of dragons defense who held the broncos to 6 and the patriots to negative yards in a championship game which we still got killed in. the next year starting middle backer every game on the cutters with a defense who broke a league record with points scored against and this past year, a captain on the generals defense who again broke that record. id say 3 of the best defenses that have been around these past 3 years.if you wanna say the generals defense was bad last year, dont say its because the crush had a 3 yard run on us. say its because we couldnt keep the cutters out of the endzone in the game that matters (although we def held them boys to the fewest rush yards they ever had, haha). good luck to everyone this year, except the wolfpack. you guys scare me haha. hopefully the league votes to let alot of new teams in this year and competetion steps up. how id love to see the bearcats.
You guys may have to get them in preseason if ya want em, I believe they got into the GMFL, not 100% but yea...
and why you gotta bring up that broncos game... you enjoyed that fullhouse backfield haha
i'm pretty sure joe is right the bearcats have already moved on...
haha def did not enjoy that backfield. it was my first time wearing pads in like 6 years and i had to line up agaisnt that. literally run over first 3 of first 4 plays. ouch, shoulder stilla int right haha. glad i got to play on same side of the ball the next year.
and alivazar that sucks about bearcats, hopefully they accept the challenge. maybe we could do a one and one. our house then theyres. good luck this year. tell gross our skins will get em next year. haha
LOL... I talked to Gross earlier today. He had to comment about the success of my Bengals and I had to comment about The Skins. All I could say was look at the bright side...You're getting Shanahan!!!
And to all my Bears friends...Please,,next year tell the Bears that the season starts in September and not December.
cam.......i don't know that we believe that the skins will get em next year, or if we have just become so used to saying it over the last couple years that its just all we know......lol seriously though, its only a matter of time before the boys from dc turn it around. mike k........by the way, don't go telling everyone i give the bengals props. what are you thinking. and since this is a top 5 thread i will throw out a couple names that aren't on my team of players that i think deserve recognition at my position. #3 from the generals, i know his name just don't know how to spell his last name, lol, billy west and sean secunda, both of the mustangs, and bruce made some big plays for the cutters in that final game against the generals. I would also like to say I think his # was 8, but he played with the cutters, made a huge 4th down catch in the championship, the guy just gives it his all. can't wait for the season to start, may you all have a great offseason
Noble County Wolfpack
I would have thrown some props first to Billy and Sean, but then I would have got Kurt all fired up saying I was homering him again...lol.
Mike, I'd let it slide since you post your name. These skins fans are nuts! I'd rather be giving props to who dey than that pussy dan snyder!! I'm fired up everytime i visit this site!!! Looking for someone to slay!