Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ordered PB2

So, I saw so many posts about PB2 on the WW site that were positive that I gave in and put in my own order. I ordered the required 4 jars for just over $20 including shipping. I got an email that they were shipped out today via the USPS.
I hope to get them next week and I will give you an honest (unbiased) review.
Just in case you haven't see this; PB2 is a powdered peanut butter that has had most of the fats pressed out. You mix 2 tablespoons of the powder with 1 tablespoon water for a total of 1 point. It is supposed to taste like the real thing. I ordered this from www.bellplantation.com

Nancy

Re: Ordered PB2

Already working through my 2nd jar of this stuff. WODERFUL!! Im experimenting with it now, trying to make PB syrups and PB Cookies that are figure friendly. =)

I am in LOVE with this stuff!! Today was my first day experimenting with it and it's soooo good...as soon as anyone here finds recipes or gets new ideas, we should post them!!

Here is a pb recipe from this site:

http://www.aimeesadventures.com/RecipeFiles/Desserts1/HersheyBarHaystacks.html

I just checked the tracking # and mine's due to arrive on Tuesday. Can't wait to try it! I ordered mine on March 1st or 2nd--so it seems they have worked thru their backlog.

I ordered 8 jars on Feb 14th. I got 4 jars this past week (they didn't fill my order correctly). I've tried calling them everyday (sometimes a few times a day) and keep getting a message saying their voice mailbox is full. I've also emailed them a couple of times with no luck. So far the only thing I've tried the PB2 in is hot chocolate (just a tsp per cup). It's good, but it didn't seem to dissolve completely. When I got to the bottom of my cup there were gritty pieces left. I'm going to try a smoothie next and go from there. :)

I ordered 4 jars got them..love them..then a few weeks later got a notice another shipment was on the way that I didnt order. I ignored it and sure enough 4 more jars showed up. So I tried to call too and same voicemail box is full and I have emailed before and no one responds. So I guess til they figure it out I have 4 free jars. I tried to tell them!!

AIMEE~I don't think mixing it in a beverage other than a smoothie is really something you can do with this...I know some people mix in peanut butter with hot chocolate, but since this is powdered and turns into a solid it makes sense that it wouldn't dissolve nicely. But I am dying to make a smoothie with it and will hopefully try it soon...let us know how it is if you make one soon!!

Well, I have playing with the PB2 for about a week now....Thanks to aimee she shared 2 of her jars with me....
I have also put it in my hot choc. several times and even though it doesn't completely disolve...I still like it. I have warmed the jello 60 calorie vanilla pudding in the microwave and stired in a tsp....very yummy but not quite dissolved....I put it in my Magic Blender with van. slimfast and crushed ice..again very good..I've taken a 60 cal yogurt, 1/2 ff milk, 6 pkgs. splenda,1 cup crushed ice, and 1 tbsp. PB2. also very good but just a little watery....The above ways might not be perfect, but good enough for me...

The hot chocolate thing as been working out, I just keep it stirred. :) I don't put as much in (kinda like a pinch) and it works out good. I also added some to my milk in my cereal bowl yesterday (before adding the cereal) and it was very tasty. :)

Hey Sandy... so you're the one who got my other 4 jars. LOL! Just kidding! Hey if you do ever get through to them tell them I said to check their emails and hire some temporary help. :) I've stopped calling because all these 1 minute long distance calls are adding up. Not only that, but I have the voice mail message memorized too. LOL!

My PB2 was waiting on my doorstep when I got home last night. I mixed up a small amount and it tastes great. Had some on a banana. I'm gonna try it in the hot chocolate this weekend when it turns cool again. And hopefully I'll have some time for experimenting with some recipes.

I guess they are working so hard making powdered PB they cant answer the phone or emails..hahah! Im sending a jar to a friend of mine. It seems to last quite a while too. I want to try it in oatmeal.. :)

I added some to my oatmeal..can't remember how much. It was good along with my little cinnamon and banana that I usually put in it..

Got my 4 jars today. It is good, but better with a little Splenda added. No one really had posted this but I did notice; 2 tablespoons of the pb2 and 1 of water you would think would give you 2 or 3 tablespoons of prepared pb. It only gives you 1 tablespoon prepared. So I think of it as 1 tablespoon of prepared PB2 as 1 point.
I will try this in my steel cut oats tomorrow.
Thumbs up.

Nancy

Just ordered my PB2 about an hour ago. So I will update you on my use and liking in the future.

I love PB on my 100 cal Whole Wheat Thomas Eng Muffins they are only 2 points. So dying to have a 3 point treat instead of a 4 point!

I use the Smuckers Splenda preserves on top of the pb.

Thanks again for a wonderful site.

JeanCat55

I mixed up 2 tbsp. of the PB2 tonight with the 1 tbsp. water. I measured it and it ended up 1 1/2 tbsp instead of 2 tbsp. It was pretty good on a sliced apple but I think I prefer the Better N Peanut Butter on an apple since it is sweeter. I do love the PB2 in the 25 cal. hot choc. and in a shake....

Patty

Okay I'll bite :) Where does one find Better N Peanut Butter AND is it already made or do you mix it? WW points please!?

Try the PB2 with fat free Cool Whip. I mixed 4 Tbsp. PB2 to a tub of ff Cool Whip and then put back in the fridge to firm up. It is so good, taste like peanut butter pie filling!

Re: Re: Ordered PB2

A whole tub of cool whip at once?
I heard that we should not mix up PB2 then refrigerate it. Something about mold or??
Now if we mix and refrigerate for a short time I am sure no problem. but my main question is if we do not eat the whole tub of cool whip will it mold too? or only the PB2 with water?

Thanks anyone who can help me out here.

JeanCat

Re: Re: Ordered PB2

I LOVED the taste of PB2 but I too was dissapointed in the amount of product that it makes. I only got 1 tablespoonful also when prepared as directed.

But I have to watch my fat intake and this is where the real bargan is!

Regular PB is 16 to 17 grams of fat per 2TBSP
Reduced Pb is 12 to 14 grams of fat per 2TBSP
Can range 180 to 220 cals per 2 TBSP
Can range 1 - 3 grams of fat
WW pts per 2 TBSP = 4 points for either.

PB2 is 2.8 grams of fat per 2 TBSP dry powder recipe
54 cals per 2 TBSP dry powder recipe
3 grams of fiber
WW pts per 2 TBSP dry powder recipe = 1 point

Since 2 dry PB2 Powder TBSP yields only 1 TBSP PB 2 Butter
IF I want to make 2 TBSP of PB2 Butter I will use 4 TBSP dry PB2 powder which will be 2 points and ONLY 5.6 grams of FAT. What a DEAL!

JeanCat