Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help-Need motivation!

Hi Everyone-
I have posted on Aimee's website before. Usually I try to help motivate people! I have been a WW lifetimer for three years. The past six months I have lost motivation. I get it back for a few weeks and then just drop off again. I have gained back about 9 pounds of the original 38 that I lost. The past six months have been stressful, husband has had some medical problems which has stirred up memories and bad habits of five years ago when I really packed on the pounds. He had surgery 5 weeks ago and is now doing much better and my kids are doing well also!Always worry about them when one of us are sick. So it's time to worry about myself again. I went as far as to buy the walking CD and Video from weight watchers, I haven't opened it yet , but I'm hoping to soon. Help!

Re: Help-Need motivation!

You can do it Susie! Just pick a day and say "I'm going to do it, this is for me"... and do it. I've been looking for that same motivation that you are. I haven't quite found it like I use to have it, but I've found cooking again has helped me stick with it. The first few days I started cooking again, I wasn't thrilled about it, specially the first day. Now that I've gotten back in the kitchen, I look forward to trying new things everyday. If cooking isn't your thing, find something that is. Open up that walking video. Maybe you'll find that once you do it a couple of times, you really enjoy it. Maybe start walking outside when you can, make it your "me" time just for you. Maybe journaling online can help you? I know that keeping a blog has helped me, because I know each night I'm going to have to write about how my day went, and I know I'm not the only one reading it. LOL! I do hope you find your motivation again. Do this for you!

PS, I'm glad your husband and kids are doing well.

Easy Gym Motivation

You used to go to the gym. Now, you’re busy. I mean, after all, you do work all day. The last thing you want to do is hit the gym after a long day at the office (yawn).

Once you get home, you want to plop down on the couch, put your feet up, unwind and watch the tube.

So how do you motivate yourself to go to
the gym?

Don’t think about exercising — just get yourself to the gym. Once you’re at the gym, your body will adapt to the environment and it will be easier to exercise.

Fitness Trainer Mike Chesbro of New York says:

“Your body is an adaptable mechanical machine that you have control of. It adapts to the environment you put it in. If you put your body in a better environment (physically, emotionally or mentally) your body will respond to it. Put yourself into the environment of where you want to be already exists.”

Showing up is half the battle. Take control of your adaptable mechanical machine. Put it in gear and stomp on that Stairmaster, or try twisting in a fitness class.

You can do it. Just get your body there and everything else will take care of itself.
www.selfinthecity.com

How about taking the easy softer way...of doing it and just one day at a time...

One meal at a time along with 1 snack at a time...

works for me...

work it susie.... rewards are great!