Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Banana Bran Muffin Recipe??

Someone help! Please! I'm looking for the banana bran muffin recipe that Aimee has on her recipe board but it isn't showing up when I click on it. Anyone have it or even know what the points are?
Thanks!
Tammy

Re: Banana Bran Muffin Recipe??

Is this the one your looking for?

Banana Bread Pie

1 1/2 Cups Splenda Granular
1 1/2 Cups Carnation Instant Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
6 Tablespoons Fat Free Margarine
6 Tablespoons Water
1 Cup Ripe Mashed Bananas (about 2 medium)
1/2 Cup Reduced Fat Bisquick
1/2 Cup Egg Substitute
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9" pie plate with butter flavored cooking spray; set aside. Place the Splenda, milk powder, margarine and water into a medium mixing bowl. Blend with a hand blender on lowest speed until moist, and then on high speed until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the mashed bananas, Bisquick, egg substitute and vanilla. Blend on low speed until combined well, about 1 minute. Pour batter into the prepared pie plate. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean. Let rest for at least 30 minutes before cutting. Serve warm with a dollop of fat free cool whip on top. Refrigerate any leftovers.

Note: The texture of this kind of reminds me of a pound cake/bread pudding mix, but it tastes like banana bread. :) The more ripe your bananas are, the better the taste.

Serves: 6
Per Serving: 176 Calories; 1g Fat (4.8% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3mg Cholesterol; 337mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat. WWP: 3 (www.AimeesAdventures.com)

Tammy, I wasn't able to access that recipe either. I would LOVE to find a good low point banana/bran muffin.
Or--does anyone have a recipe for bran muffins something like the bran muffins at Trader Joe's? They are very heavy and very filling. They probably have a few different kinds of fiber.

OMG! This sounds incredible! Will have to give it a try.

Will let you know.

I love banana and peanut butter. When I get my PB2 in the mail I am going to play with this recipe!

Thanks
JeanCat

Here you go Tammy. Sorry, I had a space in the address and it made it so the link wouldn't work. I fixed it so it should work now.

http://www.aimeesadventures.com/RecipeFiles/BakedGoods2/BananaBranMuffins.html

Thanks a bunch, Aimee! Also thanks to all the replies I got! You gals are great!
Tammy

I made these today, they are AMAZING!!! I absolutely love these and will make them again and again!

Re: Re: Banana Bran Muffin Recipe??

Hi Brittany!

Which ones did you make? the 1 pt or the 3 pt?

Thanks
JeanCat

The 1 pt. ones. The only difference is I used 1/4 cup egg beaters instead of 2 egg whites and I wound up getting 16 muffins...I could have made 12 big ones, which I considered (haha!) but they're perfectly good sized to me!