Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
If doing Weight Watchers which plan do you use the NEW points or the OLD points

Hello there it's me Cheryl once again.I have another question.I was wondering should I begin Weight Watchers with their NEW point system or begin with the OLD point system.I have read some are not loosing quick enough and they qustion if the points are too high. Or is it truely best to begin with the newest plan.Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or what seems to work the best.I plan on following the points exactly beginning tomorrow morning.I am cleaning out the BAD foods and bringing the GOOD foods in.Thank you all for everything...........

Re: If doing Weight Watchers which plan do you use the NEW points or the OLD points

It won't really matter! People have lost wt on both plans. I personally have LESS Flex points for the new plan BECAUSE the old plan had a range and I took the high of the range, this plan you calculate your points by asking specific questions that makes you different from some one else such as activity. Since I have some injuries and work all hours of day and night I get little time or ability to exercise. So I get LESS points.

NO ONE is allowed to eat less than 18 points.

I started in June of 2005 at 186 and 24 points.
I lost 14 asap!
This time around I began at 181 in Jan 2006 with 23 points and lost 3 pounds in first week and had to reset my points right away to 22 points. I am now down to 21 points per day. now have lost a total of 12 lbs. But I think I lost faster in2005 , NOT due to the plan and points numbers, but because it had been about 8 yrs since I last dieted or watched my weight. So my body was given a MAIN jolt or change. But I continued to go off and on to the meetings in the fall of 2006 playing with the same 3 pounds.

A bittersweet move to loose wt Yeah! but also loose points! Arghhhh!

Hope this helps you.
JeanCat

Re: If doing Weight Watchers which plan do you use the NEW points or the OLD points

Hi Cheryl,
I would probably start off using the new points system. They really aren't that different, it's just a matter of how the points are counted each day. Instead of a range, you have a target with flex points. With the range, if you ate toward the higher end of your range, you were pretty much eating flex points then too. You didn't have to eat at the higher end of your range, like now, you don't have to eat the flex points. Considering you are just starting out though, I'd go with the target points and eat the flex points and work from there. Everyone's body is different and we all lose at a different rate with different amounts of points. You'll just have to play around with it and see what works best for you. If you decide to start off and not eat flex points, and you don't lose very well, you might want to add some flex points in. I honestly think you should start off with eating everything you're offered though and then work from there. Congratulations on making the decision to do this. I'm proud of you. :)

Hmmm, maybe I misunderstood. By old points system, I thought you were referring to when points were in a range. I still stand by going with what is most current. :)

I like to use the old points formula. I never cared for the sound of the Flex Points Program. I also never use activity points.

I exercise,( walk,treadmill,aerobics and weight training) but never use the activity points,rarely do i use the 35 extra points that is allowed.

Just made the kids the Monte Cristo sandwiches and they loved them....my oldest has lost 10 lbs on the program

Cheryl i would say do what ever You think will work. I cant remmeber from the old to the new anyway. All i rememeber is 3 yrs ago i was 70 lbs lighter.

Hang in there We are all in the same boat.

Goodluck to all with weigh in's tomorrow!

I first stated WW back in 99 when I was 19 and it was call winning points with Fergie. That was when you had a range of points to use and "banked" what you didn't use. I don't like the new flex. I guess it's basically the same but I don't understand why they keep changing the points system, (if its not broke why fix it). So I still do that with the range of points and banking. I worked then very well.