Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
We want to LOSE so our clothes will be LOOSE

Hi everyone. We are all here to LOSE weight (one O in lose)so our clothes will be LOOSE (two O's in loose). Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Re: We want to LOSE so our clothes will be LOOSE

lOOse clothes are da bomb...

I just went through a whole wardrobe from last summer all size L and XL is now in bags ready to be handed down,,

What a good feeling not to wear bags anylonger, tight fitting to show off what I have is all so worth it...

so I want to continue to lOse....

I'm working on my own 5 lb under goal.....

You've got a great sense of humor Tobe!

Re: Re: We want to LOSE so our clothes will be LOOSE

You can hand them down to ME!
Seriously!
I am 18 - 22 now and need to be a 10-12!
I came down from a 22- 24 with 12 lbs.
But soooooooooooo much more to loose OR is that lose!

JeanCat

If you are serious about handing them down, I am serious about paying for shipment!

Thats a good idea Jean, but these clothes are for a size 14 to 16..

when you get down to that size, i have closets of things, besides a food addiction, i also have a clothes and shoe thing, oh and I can't forget pocketbooks..

I'm aware of this and I'm trying to change, another slow progress, but its gettting better.
I have a thing for new clothes, my thinking is, if it was worn once its old... sick, sick..... LOL...

Dear Tobe,

I will keep this in mind!

Thanks,

JeanCat

I can't wait until my current clothes fit. LOL! I've never really been a clothes person. Clothes to me are just something to cover my fat when I go out in public. LOL! Maybe if I ever get to goal I can get more excited about shopping (honestly I can't remember ever being excited about shopping even when I was skinnier). My closet isn't full of clothes or shoes or pocket books, it just holds what I need basically (I probably own more blankets and pillows than I do clothes. LOL!). My shopping is usually reserved for kitchen gadgets and other neat gadgets I've never seen before and think they're cool. LOL! So I guess that's my problem that I need to work on. :)

I have entire wardrobes full for size 6-20. As I LOSE weight I get out the next box of clothes. In the past, I decided to donate all my fat clothes so that would give me incentive to not gain the weight back. Didn't work and was a terribly expensive lesson. Had to go back out and buy a bunch more of fat clothes which weren't as cute as the ones I had donated. This time I'm packing them all up and keeping them. Hope I never have to get into them again, but will not throw them out for many years at least. Currently in my size 10 and 12 clothes and I have 3 boxes of size 8 just waiting for me in the guest bedroom. Periodically I try them on, but no go...just won't fit yet. I'll get there though, and then my 10/12's will be LOOSE as I continue to LOSE this weight.

I did the same thing you did Martha. I had a garage sale and sold what I could of my fat clothes and the rest I donated to the Salvation Army. Some of my jeans still had tags on them. I had to go out and buy all new clothes again which I couldn't afford. That's another reason why my closet only has what I need in it. LOL! I refused to pay a lot for more fat clothes, so I pretty much have $7 t-shirts from Walmart and a few nicer shirts my mom got me for Xmas and my B-day. LOL! Even after they're too big for me, I'll be boxing them up and keeping them. I don't want to have to go through that again either. Luckily when I get back down to the size I was before I gained all of my weight back, I'll have all kinds of nice clothes to wear since I was smart enough to keep those. :)

Big shirts and big ol sloppy sweats (fat clothes) are the best to sleep in. better than reg pj's.

in the summer I sleep in just baggy shirts and a pair of underpants winter its old baggy sweats..

warm and cozy....

I don't understand why we are compelled to keep all of our smaller clothes, but will immediately get rid of our fat clothes as soon as we can get into another size. I am also guilty of and when I gained about 25lbs back, I was in the same boat. Nothing fit. I have lost 17lbs of it, so my clothes are starting to fit again. Hang in there Aimee, you'll get there. I have to admit it is a great feeling, almost like going shopping.

Jen,
We all probably do it because that's all we hear from the time we start losing weight "don't hold onto those fat clothes, get rid of them". For some reason we listen. I know I swore up and down that I was never ever ever EVER going to be fat again. Apparently I ate more than just my words on that one. LOL!

Re: Re: We want to LOSE so our clothes will be LOOSE

Dear Aimee,

I am not a clothes hound either! I have the same feelings about clothes. Ihave kept my small clothes for years and wouldn't wear when and if I get to goal as they are from l970 and l980's!

If I were in to clothes I would nto be interested in someone elses used clothes that aresmall for them butmy next size down. But I do not want to pay high prices for clothes that are not my goal size and hope to wear for a short period of time.

I refuse to keep my large sizes and my old 70's and 80's clothes. So this will be my next mini house keeping goal

Thanks for your input and advice - everyone!

JeanCat