Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
zero point soup

I remember hearing about a zero or maybe a one point soup at a meeting a long time ago.

Does anyone know the recipe I'm talking about?

Re: zero point soup

Ingredients:

2/3 cup sliced carrots

1/2 cup diced onions

2 garlic cloves, minced

3 cups fat-free broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)

1 1/2 cups diced green cabbage

1/2 cup green beans

1 tbsp. tomato paste

1/2 tsp. dried basil

1/4 tsp. dried oregano

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 cup diced zucchini

Directions:

In a large saucepan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, saute carrots, onions and garlic over low heat for about 5 minutes. Add broth, cabbage, green beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano and salt, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for around 15 minutes or until beans are tender. Lastly, stir in the zucchini and continue to heat soup for 3-4 minutes. Enjoy!!

thank you so much

Hey Anna--
You can also go to the Weight Watchers website and in the search field, key in 0 point soups--they have the cabbage soup recipe, taco soup, etc. They also have a number of 1 point soup recipes that people have contributed that are very good, too.

Re: Re: zero point soup

Make mine in a crock pot!
You can use water if no broth is available or use some water and boullion. I use the salt-free kind.
Love TJ's FAT FREE/LOW SALT Broth

I also have made it with frozen string beans and frozen baby carrots when I do not have the time to cut up stuff.

I also keep some pre-cooked chicken and turkey for sandwiches and add it tothe soup as desired per serving instead of cooking with it. This way sometimes it is a more point for meat soup and other times a no point soup.

JeanCat