Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Amanda cake - question

Amanda, the cake sounds good. Do you add eggs or just the mix and the pumpkin? Any idea how many points a piece would be?

Re: Amanda cake - question

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner! Only mix in the pumpkin no eggs oil etc. (It will seem like it's too thick, but it's ok!) Bake about 5 minutes less than the box says.

According to hungry girl:
(1 Muffin, or 3 minis - 180 calories, 2.5g fat, 37 carbs, 2.5g, fiber, 2.5g protein - 3 WW points)

I made those a few weeks ago,not bad, they are alot cheaper than the WW made muffins at your local store

Yeah and it seems that they have changed the store bought muffins. I get a weird aftertaste from them now. What a bummer, I loved those things.

Amanda

I know what you are saying about the ww muffins. I used to buy them all the time, all 3 varities. Now the only ones I can stand are the chocolate ones and they don't seem to taste as good anymore.

Another quick and easy WW friendly snack to try is;
1 cake mix (any flavor you like) and 12 oz. of a diet soft drink. Mix and bake by the package instructions. The texture is a little moist but it helps me through when I want cake! I've tried chocolate cake mix with diet Coke and lemon and orange cake mix with Sprite zero. The orange cake was our favorite! For "frosting" I added sugar free, fat free pudding to fat free Cool Whip. I took the lemon cake for Easter dinner and everyone loved it! I didn't tell them what it was until after they ate it!

Ray,
I really like that kind of cake. It's super easy isn't it? I wanted to suggest maybe adding 2 egg whites to the mixture. I've found it helps the cake hold up a little better and it doesn't fall apart quite as easy. Just a suggestion. :)

Thanks Aimee! I'll try that next time. I also want to thank you for such a great site! I love the positive reinforcement from everyone!