Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JeanCat....

JeanCat..how is your mother doing????

Patty

Re: JeanCat....

Dear Patty,
Thank you for asking. I am dying because I left her on Sunday with a move into a nursing home at 8 pm. I could not stay for the completed move. My sister did. It is about 1.5 hours away, I will see her on Wed am.
I won't get to see her that often. Weekends mostly and keep in contact with my sister.

She is safely out of ICU need, but in a nursing home. I am concerned but have no other alternative.

Time will tell if she will be rehabed enough to go to my sisters again or have to stay indefinitely.

Thank you!
Love JeanCAt

WOW!
I just realized 45 of you have checked out this thread!That in itself is amazing to me. What

GREAT people you all are!

AIMEE please be pleased with yourself for creating such a kind community!

Love to all
JeanCat

We're all concerned about you and your mom JeanCat. I think we have a lot of people here who read, but don't post (we tend to call them lurkers, but I'm hoping eventually they'll come out of hiding and post so we can call them friends instead). I'm really glad your mom is out of ICU and hope she can rehab enough to go to your sisters. Please keep us posted (a lot of people are keeping track of you on here). :)

PS,
I'm very proud to call this my message board. The people here are so friendly and helpful to one another. It's great to have such a fun, loving message board and a hate free zone. It's like we're all close friends, sharing our WW and non WW ups and downs. So many boards out there have some mean and spiteful people on them. I just won't tolerate here. Luckily we haven't really had any of those people pop up here, so hopefully I'll never have to enforce anything. I want to thank all of you for being such awesome, kind people. :) Thanks!

JeanCat, glad your mom is doing better..Hopefully in time she can go to your sisters where I'm sure she will be more comfortable..Keep us posted and we will all keep our fingers crossed for her...

Patty

Hi Every one!

Thank you for the prayers for my mom!
Today was she and dad's 56th wedding anniversary. Dad passed away in 2004.

Also she was up with assessment yesterday in the nursing home and today she was with a halter belt attached to a metal cord raised up to stand in between two metal bars place on each side as hand rails and made to walk although she can not stand on her own wt. The PT was there behind her with her wheel chair.

She is a trooper!

Take care everyone!

Hug your loved ones today and every day! Never know what tomorrow will bring!

JeanCat

I'm so glad to hear that she made it through that critical time.

I really hope for the best for both of you. Keep us updated.

I've been following this thread also,
sickness is hard for me to deal with, and so is death...

I lost my husband at age 42 from brain cancer, so when somebody mentions illness, I tend to run in the other direction...

Jean, I'm glad your mom is bouncing back..
My prayers to you and your family,,.

Thank you Aimee and Tobe for your wonderful feedback, love and prayers!
Mom is very very frail right now and I am not sure what the future holds for her. But she signed a DNR and wll have only oxygen and pain meds when the time comes. In the mean time she wants to be rehabilitated enough to get back to my sister's home. So we shall see.

I don't know what happened to this week! It just flew by! Visiting her and driving to and from 1 hour each way when no traffic and 1.5 to 2 hrs when there is traffic, work and it is exhausting to see her this way.

I resolved not to go on a binge and not to go crazy buying food. So I am shopping one day at a time.

We shall see what the WW scale says tomorrow.

Love yas
JeanCat
PS I will visit her this weekend and report back on the same thread.

Dear All,
Just a quick update!
Moma Rosa is doing much better in the nursing home. She is adjusting a bit. She still can not get out of bed or stand on her own.
Physical Therapy comes Tuesdays and Wed. Today she was unable to get any PT because of continual diarrhea.

The good news is she is mentally alert. After a very bad Sat with a poor outlook and near crying and near tears they put her on oxygen which helped her brain very much.
By Sunday we saw a NEW and improved attitude and she wanted to play cards! She loves canasta. So we played canasta. For four hours!
On April 2 and 3 as she lie in ICU, I never thought that I would have the chance to place another board or card game with my mom. I am very grateful!

I have not forgotten my promise of JeanCats finds. However I can say this: I am justnot getting out to the stores to find anything. You are all finding things for me. I am also very busy driving one to two hours in one direction to see mom, and 1 hour in the other direction to go to work every chance I get. So I have very little free/spare time to work on the find thread. I miss it though!

I miss being more active on this site, yet I get here about every other day or so. I'll be more active once mom stablizes.

Love to all
Thank you for yor su[port and prayers.
JeanCat

Jeancat, my mom is currently at a nursing/rehab facility. She had fallen at home and broken her arm. She lay on the floor for 3 hours before someone found her. Upon transferring her from the hospital to the nursing home I cried the whole time while following the ambulance as well as when she was put into her room. This was March 5. She is still there and I must admit that the place is not as bad as I thought it would be. SHe is well taken care of and I have gotten to know all of the staff (exception being the night crew). I am no longer in a hurry for her to come home as I know she is safer where she is. They will send her home when she is ready or when her insurance runs out! I too am blessed to have more time with her. I wish you the best.

JeanCat-

Our thoughts and prayers are with you...glad to see your Mom is making improvement and she seems to be more comfortable.

Hang in there!
Marilyn

Thank you Annie Emme and Marilyn for thoughts and prayers. Good to come here and see friends who care and I need that too!
I am happy with the staff and care.A good things since I am in the health care biz myself.

Love to all
JC

I'm glad your mom is doing better JeanCat. Being able to play cards for 4 hours is a very good thing. Don't worry about finding new stuff for us, we're just happy that you're able to stop in when you can. Go take care of everything you have to take care of, we'll still be here. :)

Glad to hear things are looking up for you Jean,

Our prayers are with you today and tomorrow....

Tears of Joy! To have friends like you Aimee and Tobe!

Love yas
JeanCat

Dear All,
My mom Rose, said to say hello to all of you. She is still so very weak, gets physical therapy. She said she does not want her oxygen, but I think she needs it. I will see her on Wed or Thursday and then not for about 2 weeks as I have major oral surgery on Friday.
But I wanted to tell you that while she is stablizing that I am doing much better and getting back into the swing of things. I took out my journal today. I had not journaled since April 2 the day of the heart attack. But I kept track in my mind.

I am OP today adn that is all that matters.
Thank you all for your love, prayers and concern.

JeanCat

Glad to hear your mom is doing better and you are back on track...just one day at a time and we will all make it to our goals..

Patty(Oh)

I'll second that! Glad your mom is doing better and that you are op and journalling. I had stopped journalling for a long time and then I decided I would stick to it again for a week. At the end of that week I had lost over 2 lbs which was more than I had been losing. Needless to say, I always journal now! That taught me a valuable lesson.

Tammy