Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bagel snack bars

Has anyone tried the Nature's grain Low Carb bagel snack bars - they are apparently only 2 points and have apples, and maybe raisins in them. High in protein and fiber. I have read some info about them on other sites MB, but not sure if I should go ahead and purchase them. They are only available online from Sam's Club - you have to buy a case (72) but they are individually wrapped.

Looking for some new breakfast ides - thought this might work.

Re: Bagel snack bars

I personally wouldn't waste 2 breakfast points on a protein bar, when I can have yogart and fiber one cereal for 2 points
of

an egg and a Lite Eng muffin for a total of 3 points.

the fiber and the protein hold me for the next 5 or 6 hrs until lunch.

Those 2 pt bars and good as an afternoon or a late nite snack....

sorry to answer your question, I never tried them or even heard about them.. I use WW 1pt or 2pt bars, I find them to be the best...

Tobe-
These sounded more like a bread type item with 10g of protein rather than a protein bar type thingy. Thanks for the info though...trying to stay motivated after 10 weeks on program - the same old oatmeal gets old!
Marilyn

in any type of bar, i look for the lowest in fat, calories and the highest in fiber...

too bad you couldn't try 1 instead of ordering 72.. yikesssss.

For myself i need variety every day. I would get sooo bored eating the same thing every morning.

The other morning I had a new WW whole wheat pita, and I stuffed it with ham/cheese/lettuce and a squirt of lite mayo, it was good at 8am....

Ok, Marilyn...I will try to describe them to you..I'm holding a bar right now....Well, they are the texture of a bagel with raisins,apples and cinnamon...They do have 10 grams of protein but they have 11 grams of fiber..They are 130 calories, 3 fats, and 11 fiber..That puts it right in the middle of 2 pts. I bought several pkgs. from sam's club before they got rid of them and they get several request a week for them...Would I buy them again...ABSOLUTELY...Sometimes I split and toast them with a little f.f. margarine...and sometimes I just grab and go...They are good to just microwave slightly..Just remember they are like a healthier bagel...They are almost 2 oz. each, about 4-5 inches long and 2 inches across,about 1/2 inch thick...I keep them in my freezer and just take out a couple at a time and keep them on the door of the frig...They have held up in my freezer very well for approx. 3-4 months...They always came in to Sam's club frozen and were put out to thaw on the "bakery tables." I work there and I keep trying to get them back in since so many at our ww. class had them in the past and would like to have them back....Good luck on your decision..

Patty-
Thanks for the 411 - I think I might just go ahead and order them - I am very much a carby person and think these would satisfy that craving at a low point value. Unfortunately, I cannot get WW bagels/bread near my home...I ordered from Western bagel, they were okay - but didnt have the protein and were expensive to order as well.
I thought I remembered seeing them at Sam's before - hope they get them back in store too - maybe I will ask next time I go.
Thanks again!

the bagel bars sound good and how many points are in them please. this is my first time to do this and hope i am doing it right. thanks

Suzy,
It's been a few years since I've had one (I wasn't crazy about them honestly) but I'm pretty sure they were 2 points each.

Bagel bars are great, but can't find them anymore. I like them just plain and it satisfies my carb craving. They are worth the 2 points to me. Good luck!

I just saw something regarding another type of bagel bar with 1-point from bageltime.com They are the low carb bagel bars - I have not tried these either, saw something posted about it on the WW boards and was wondering if NE1 knows if they are good, worth ordering, tried them, etc.