Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clothing Sizes?

OK. I know that every woman is different with height and structure, but can anyone tell me how sizes work. For instance I was told that every 10lbs is a dress size. I feel that is not true. I do know about losing inches but my question is can anyone give me a good answer on this either from experience or... o any answer will work for me.

Re: Clothing Sizes?

I am 5'8" and I've lost 30.8 lbs. and have went down 2 sizes. My clothes now are comfortable and I think it will be a while before I get to go down another size.

i Lost 22 lbs and I went from a size 14 down to a size 10-12 my height is 5.5

Yup every body is structered differently I have a large bone frame.. certainly not petite.

I've lost around 30 now and an 18 is too big, but a 16 is too tight.

On top of that, I wear an 18 or 20 at 220lbs and a 14 (12 on really good days) at my lowest of 144. What the heck is that? 10lbs for a size...pfft, maybe a bra size but not a dress lol.

I know my sizes didn't drop drastically when I lost 110 pounds. I started in a 26/28, sometimes 30 depending on the brand. When I was at my lowest with about 30 pounds to go I was in about a 20, sometimes 18 (again depending on brand). I kept thinking "man, even when I get to goal I'm still going to probably be about a 14 or 12 if I'm lucky". I agree with Amanda though, my bra size did change a lot. LOL! I didn't mind though. I had less back pain. :)

I can see that the back pain removal would be great. I'm small up there to start with, and I have to say that having something resembling clevage makes being heavy less painful.

30lbs, 2 cup sizes...I'll have innies by the time I get rid of this weight grrrr.

For me, its every 10 pounds IS a new dress size. But I'm only 5'2" so maybe cuz I'm short it works that way? I've lost 50 lbs and have dropped 5 sizes. I have 20 more pounds to go and will drop 2 more dress sizes (I know, cuz I've been at my goal weight before). So yes, like clockwork, every 10 lbs is a new size for me.

In the past I would have to loose 25 pounds to go down one size. At 180 I can wear 16W pants or 18 or 18W or 20 in cheaper brands. The best fitting top is a petite LX. I am 5'6" but have narrow shoulders so the petite look good and do go around the bottom.

Now about three weeks ago I bought a pair of capries at Bon Worth in size XL and the matching top in a petite med.

If you don't try the clothes on you just don't know what to buy.

I read not long ago that the average American now wears a size 14 and for a shoe size a 9.

Ann

I have thick thighs so when I lose weight, I don't really go down in my pants size...I got ghastly skinny a while ago when I was sick and only went down a size despite losing about 20 pounds. But when I gained (thankfully!) back some of the weight (10-15 pounds) I almost instantly went back up a size...I carry most of my weight in my midsection.

Hello all!

Well, I am just about a size for every 10 lbs, but I will say that it didn't seem to start out that way. I think I had to lose more than 10 lbs to go down in size but now that I am nearly to goal, I seem to be going down in size with fewer pounds lost. I've gone from an 18/20 down to a 4/6 and I've lost 76 lbs. I am only 5'2" so I think that makes a difference too. Hope this helps!