Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A question about points.........

Hi...since I am new to this site, I wasn't sure if all of you are current ww's members? I used to be long ago, but am unfamiliar with the points system. Can you tell me how many points are equated with how many calories and if there is a 'typical' daily point total that is recommended? Thanks so much. Aimee, the recipes that people keep referring to sound so delicious...esp. the lemon pie and cheesesteak ones that people have referred to. Are those in your two cookbooks that I've seen pictured on your homepage? I am still getting used to all the wonderful features of your site and I do thank you again for making me feel so welcome. Sincerely, Maajida

Re: A question about points.........

I'm a current lifetime member back again...

We're given a book and its according to your age, height weight activity that give you your own personal points for the day.

Were also allowed an extra 35 for the week, where we can use them 2 a day or 5 a day or if we have a big affair to go to we can use the 35 in one sitting...

I really try not to use mine, and if I do Maybe I only use 8 for the week.

I also get 3 activity points every time I exercise...

right now I'm using the old book, and I'm using 22 points per day, my current weight is as of last weeks weigh in 150.6...

WHen I break that .06 mark I'll be at goal. and when I go under 150 my points decrease.. down to 20 per day...

hope this helps you out a bit..

Tobe, thanks so much for sharing the benefits of your knowledge and experience. It certainly makes sense the way you say the points are arranged. I am still unclear though on how many points equal how many calories...I know that they probably don't want points people to be thinking in terms of calories, but it would be helpful to know how they equate. Thanks so much again, Maaj

A point is roughly about 50 calories. It can be as much as 100 calories if there's a lot of fiber in something, or it can be as little as 5 or 10 calories if something has fat in it.

Anytime someone talks about a recipe of mine, you can find it on my site (unless it's super new and I only posted it on my blog). If you go to my main page or the main recipes page (where you see the 3 cookbooks) you can type in the name of the recipe and do a search for it within my site. That should help. :) Let me know if I confused you. I'm really tired and not thinking straight right now. LOL!

Welcome Maajida, just ask and laugh with us. Lots of experience around here.