Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
VITA MUFFINS

Anyone tried these - saw the chocolate ones offered with no shipping charge thru Hungry Girl site. Wondering if they were any good.
Can you tell I'm really searching for something NEW and EXCITING and OP? Good Luck I believe they are only 1 point - chocolate muffins for one point - probably too good to be true. I have tried to make the WW ones with the pumpkin and I thought they tasted kinda rubbery. Anyhow let me know what you thought if you have tried them.
Have a nice day!

Re: VITA MUFFINS

No i never tried those ones from VITA, $1.50 a muffin and at $18.00 a box for a dozen is something i can live without.

BTW, Hungry-girl is where i first seen the pumpkin/devil food's cake muffin recipe.

My DD made them amd the family enjoyed them

I have tried several of the Vitatop muffins and they are OK. The chocolate ones are a little dry but still tasty!

I have found the Vitatops products in the organic refrigerator section of the grocery stores near me.

Hi Marilyn, I haven't tried the Vita muffins, but Trader Joes has some wonderful fiber muffins....apple with cranberry or blueberry...can't think of the exact name, but the TJ staff would know. They are only 80 calories and with a hot beverage are really filling and satisfying. Hope this helps, Maajida

Unfortunately we have no Trader Joes near where I live. I used to shop there all the time when we lived in New Jersey. No Whole Foods market either which I also miss. My neighborhood grocery doesnt have much in the way of healthy foods - no vita muffins, no weight watchers bread products, etc. Since I have lost some pounds, my points have decreased and I am really looking for some low point items to get me through breakfast. Thought a 1-point muffin with a 1-point LF yogurt/yogurt smoothie would do the trick...but I do agree they are pricey.

Well I broke down and placed an order...I read some really positive things about the muffin tops on the WW board, so I figured I'd treat myself...I know they are expensive, but with the Hungry Girl discount they are coming out to little over $1 a muffin top and I figured I'm saving much more than that everyday on NOT eating junk. LOL
Anyhow, once I get them I'll give everyone the 411.

Please do! I'm thinking of placing an order soon too. I keep holding off because you have to buy such large quantities.

Apparently you put them in the freezer when your order comes and they are individually wrapped. I toyed with the idea of splitting an order with another WW member - but if they are as good as I am hoping they are - there might not be enough to share.

Hungry Girl discount?
Please do tell!
JeanCat

I dont know if it is still available, but it was free shipping if you entered HGApril in the coupon/offer section.

I think these are great. They are only 1 pt per muffin and are very healthy for you. Sometimes I eat mine straight out of the freezer and sometimes I pop them in the toaster. They are great as a snack or as a low point breakfast.
You can also order the vita mixes so you can make them at home and that way they are much cheaper--still only 1 pt each too! All you need in the mixes are egg whites and water and nuts and/or chocolate chips for garnish if desired.
The last time hungry girl offered the free shipping discount I ordered the muffin tops and a box of a variety of mixes. I got free shipping on the whole thing.
Hope this helps!
Tammy