Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I "finally" got my flat out breads today

Yesterday I was at TJ's and they also didn't have the flat breads,,
Thats store #4 I was trapsing to locate them...

A local store nothing name place was nice enough to order them for me, well just about 2 wks later I got em... I am so excited to try a pizza on it...

I bought the multi-grain, should be good.
I also picked up a Mushroom pork roast that I'll throw in the oven this afternoon, a lil break from chicken, its the other white meat right LOL....

I'm on the run to head out and go exercising, then off to a baby shower...

catch up later...

Re: I "finally" got my flat out breads today

I live in Florida and our Wal Mart and Publix grocery stores always have them in stock. They are really good--- I fill 'em with turkey, lettuce and cucumbers, and since they are so low in points, I use a little low fat ranch dressing too.

Re: Re: I "finally" got my flat out breads today

Still looking in Southern California!
I can to wait to try these!
Where the heck are they in CA?
Jean Cat

I was so excited to get these breads, i bought two pkgs and now there sitting I haven't used them yet..

I'm doing lite today and tomorrow, and these 2 days have been beach, so I haven't been home to have lunch.

Rain due here on Tues or Wed, I'll make pizza then...

I hope its as good as it sounded on the thread...

Went to TJ's today and found a flat rectangular bread about the size of 11 x 14 paper. It looks liek a cross between a pita (thick) and a whole wheat tortilla.

It goes by the following Name:Clay Ovenb BAked Old Fashioned LAVASH BREAD

16 oz

1/2 piece is 0.5 grams of fat and 120 calories and 1 gram of fiber.
I do not have a point calculator with me handy.But I would say that is 2 pts.

I do not think this is whatyou all are talking about but it is the closest thing I could find at Trader Joe's in California.

Still looking for Flatout!

JeanCat

Can not imagine making pizza WITH these LAVASH breads they are flat but I think would get soggy with sauce.

Cant wait for real flat outs.

JeanCat

Jean
I saw those also at trader Joes, and didn't buy them, who can just have a half. LOL.. not me...

So i waited until I finally found Flat Out....

I understand if you bake it first, then take it outof the oven and put sauce and cheese on it, its a crip thin pizza...

I'll let you know how mine turned out, when I get to making it, possibly tomorrow, as long as theres no sun, if the sun is out, no pizza I'm on the beach, with the dolphins my magical mammels...

Thanks!
Looking forward to hearing back from ya, yet I want you to have a fun time on the beach!

Jeancat

I went to their website and it says Albertsons carries them in California. Have you looked there yet, JeanCat? I usually go to Stater Bros. or Ralphs, so I've never seen them. I had to go to the website just to see a picture of one! LOL.

Sue

Sue you won't believe this one!
My Albertson's NOW closes at 8 pm but I work until 10 PM. At work now!
I too shop at Ralph's and Stater Brothers.
So I have not found them yet!!!!
Ugh!

JeanCat

Hey Jean Cat,

Here in Indiana I get my flat-out, lite of course, at my local Wally World. I know you are having a hard time finding/getting to the little buggars, and I'm sorry. I like them, but am not as impressed with them as I thought I'd be. But, they are pretty good, and worth the effort it is to find the best way to actually USE them.

I DO use it for a pizza, thin though it is. I lay it out on my little ungreased cookie sheet, and spread two TBSP of Contadina's Pizza Squeeze over it. Since I don't like my pizza veggies totally raw, I pre-saute my green pepper, and onions and mushrooms for a couple of minutes until they are tender crisp. Then, the trusty and wonderful Hormel Turkey Pepperoni, finally topped with the cheese. I really vascillate between low-fat and no-fat mozzarella, sigh. Either works, but the low-fat melts better. I really liberally sprinkle Italian type herbs over the whole thing, somewhere in the process, and then bake it on 425 for about 10 minutes.

If I haven't overdone the sauce, the pizza is firm enough to cut out lovely little triangles, and then I can use my fingers to eat it. If I've used a bit too much sauce, (my tendency), I just fork it. The BENEFIT of the fork, is that it makes me really slow down when I'm eating the thing. It IS delicious though. I haven't had this since I re-started WW, so I don't know the points yet. The next time I have this, I'll probably write down the steps I use, and the points of each element, but I know it's WW friendly. With a lite garden salad, this is another 'perfect' meal!

BUT, I have found I enjoy the flat-outs the most for good old wraps. They are fairly large, and wrap beautifully. A way to get some good healthy carbs into your day. I find I need to do this, the carb thing, very deliberately, as I tend to go nuts on my veggies, and get too full on THEM to always get all the other elements of my daily food plan in properly. Sigh, such a dilemma, .

Cheers all

pattyjo