Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Green tea

I have read a lot about the green tea, is there a certain kind or can I make my own??

Re: Green tea

Any type of Green tea will do..

I use Trader Joes Unsweetened with a hint of mint.

I don't like tea period, but this I drink...

I like tea, so if I just bought the green tea, tea bags, would it work?

Yup the tea bags will work. drink it hot or make it iced..
If I'm going to do tea, I do it cold..
hot doesn't cut it for me.

tea is tea LOL.

Re: Re: Green tea

Dear Tobe,
Will the decaffeinated green tea work? I am caffeine sensitive.
Thanks for your reply in advance.

JeanCat

Jean

I believe all the green teas have no caffeine in them, the prepared ones at least.

I can't seem to find any caffeine in the ingredients on any of them that I've drank..

I prefer caffeine, but I do without it, I might drink a diet coke if I need that blast of high test LOL..

I was on a wt plateau all week and last week. So I took a no weigh in pass. I had had larger portions of my on program foods.
So after reading the Green Tea discussion I pulled out my Celestial Decaffinated Green Tea and had some. Then the scale moved about 1/2 pound on Wednesda night. So last night Thursday I had two more decaf green teas. Placebo effect?, time to lose wt anyway since I am on program with portions this week? What ever the reason the scale moved in the right direction again! Not going to jinx it! :) I will report my loss on Sat Weigh in!

YES Green Tea does come in Decaffinated. All teas have xanthines in them, except for most herbals.
But my question is will the decaf work as well as regular. I ask because caffiene is a known thermogenic. And removal of the thermogenic may decrease the ability of the green tea to work on metabolism. UNLESS there is something in Green Tea that is in addition to the caffeine that makes it work.

Placebo effect or not, my new FAVORITE drink and way to get water is NOW green tea!

By the way everyone if you can have caffiene, Crystal Light and many other companies make Green Tea drink mixtures and Green Tea flavors such as Peach Green Tea etc.

Enjoy!
Thanks AmandaMI

JeanCat

but are the "regular" green teas 0pts too?
i would think the diet ones are 0pts for 0calories.

Yes Green Teas unless sugar is added are all zero (0) points.

Maybe crstal light is 5 pts. I do not buy them because of the caffiene.

JeanCat