Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Feeling blucky

I am taking a day off from exercise today. I just don't have the gumption to do it today. Maybe I have burned myself out? I had been wealking for 45 minutes and riding my bike for 45 minutes 5 days a week. I got up this morning and flet like if I rode my bike it would be equivalent to eating a dead frog - that unappealing! I really did plan to still take my walk, and it is raining. Maybe this is God's way of telling me it is okay to take the day off? I will still follow my meal plan today, but I just need some down time.

Have a great OP day!
Uki

Re: Feeling blucky

Uki,

Listen to what your body is TELLING you! Sounds like you've been going at it, tooth and nail. While dedication is a good thing, overdoing it can take the sense of satisfaction out of the picture. You need to feel GOOD when you've finished your planned exercise, mentally and physically.

I don't know if it is God, or just the body that God designed sending you the message, but I'd relax for today. Maybe, though, you could spend a few minutes and give yourself some really good, sustained, deep stretching. That ALWAYS feels good, and it does work the muscles!

Have a lovely time recharging yourself today.

cheers

pattyjo

I've found myself overdoing it can also sometimes backfire, balance...

Instead of 5 times a week, cut it down to 3....

we seem to burn out fast, i was told a long time ago, if I liked something, really liked it well then, it wasn't for me... I can be so excessive and very compulsive, thats one thing I learned about myself in the past few years...

Whatever I take on, i have to find a good balance in order to move forward.
I also got into excerise, it was suggested 3 times a week, I started out that way then went to 4 and then to 5 and then I didn't want to go anymore..
I'm not back to maybe 2 days, three if I push it..

So again find Balance, and keep it enjoyable not a trudge.....

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I definitely have a tendency to be compulsive about things and can be very hard on myself. Somehow, I got it into my head that I HAVE to exercise for so long and on so many days or I am failing at WW. I think that giving myself permission for some down time is a good thing. I used to LOVE exercising and now it is such a chore - just one more thing to check off of my to do list.

Thank you both again for your kind words. I was truly out of balance with regard to this.

Uki