Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marilyn

To answer your questions on Brandie's post, I had the crispy caeser salad w/ the ranch they have there. Together it's 10.5 points if you have all the dressing. I usually just put it in a bowl and dip my fork in it, but last night, I was so short on points, I used it all.

I have tried different combos for hot sauces. I like Texas Pete Buffalo Sauce the best. I mixed it w/ some Montgomery Inn bbq sauce once to make a sweet buffalo sauce, and I thought it was great. I've used a combo of the Texas Pete and A1 on a cheese steak, using Meijer deli roastbeef and a slice of 2% American cheese and thought was real good as well. I don't have the money to go buy different sauces all the time, but I am always lookin on the net for new ideas and combinations.

I told Aimee that French's has a new Buffalo seasoning packet for wings or boneless/skinless chicken breasts. It's in the aisle w/ the Chilio and other seasoning packets. All you do according to the directions is put the seasoning and chicken in a bag they provide for you, toss it like shake and bake, and then seal the bag, put it in a large pan and roast it in the seasonings for about an hour. Sounds good to me. They have mild and hot. I got hot, to test my limits w/ it. I'm making it on Friday, so I'll let you know how it turns out.

Re: Marilyn

Hey Ben,
I bought a packet of buffalo wing seasoning yesterday when I was at Walmart. It isn't the spicy kind though, this one is hickory bbq and it's made by McCormick (I didn't see the one you said you got, maybe Walmart doesn't carry it). I'll have to check Kroger next time I'm down that way. Anyway, this seasoning packet comes with a bag too, but you just use it to shake the chicken in it. You line a baking dish with foil and bake uncovered that way. It says you can also grill the chicken after seasoning it, so I might actually do that.

When I was looking at the seasoning packets, I saw some for slow cookers made by McCormick also. I thought one of them sounded pretty good (Italian Herb Chicken), so I picked it up. I might try it tomorrow if I remember to get the chicken into the crockpot in time. :) This packet is 15 calories per serving, and you're supposed to mix in mushrooms (I'll be skipping those since I'm allergic), stewed tomatoes and tomato paste. The picture looks really good. I'll let you know how it is. :)