Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
motivation

is there anything that you do for yourself for motivation?

Last month I started having my hubby take a front & side view picture of me. I figured I'd do that once a month, to keep track of my weight loss. I put the pictures in a small photo album, so when I lose a bunch, I can carry it around & show others!

It definitely helped the first time I did WW.
We see ourselves one way..but when we see each other in pictures..its definitely different!

Re: motivation

This is a great idea! I am going to start doing this as well!!

I understand completely about looking at yourself differently. I look at myself in the mirror and do not see a bigger person but then when I see a picture I am horrified!

I couldn't agree more with both of you. I always tell everyone now that is just starting, take pictures and measurements of your body. I wish I would have done both. My heavy days were spent mostly hiding from the camera. I have a few shots of me, but not many. I also have no idea how many inches I've lost because I didn't take measurements.
So that is my little tidbit for now! LOL I really wish I had done that so I try to tell everyone else to do it even if they think they'll hate their picture.

I took a picture with every 10 pounds I lost before and I'll be doing that again. I never got around to taking a picture of myself at my highest weight, kept saying I was going to, but it's too late now since I've already lost 10 pounds. It's ok though, I'm sure if I take a picture now, it wouldn't look any different than the one I would have taken 10 pounds ago. LOL!

Re: Re: motivation

I have NO pictures of me at this time of my heaviest wt! I too hide behind the camera.

But my sister probably has some blurry ones.

I guess I will have to get a camera out too!
JC