Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What's for dinner?

I am making Aimee's diet cola chicken recipe, but I am not sure what else I am going to make to go with it.

Re: What's for dinner?

i'm having Aimee's chicken cordonbleu. sweet potato
brussel sprounts and a humungus salad..

dessert no pudge brownie with WW choc icecream and
lite cool whip...

dinner points 11...

water water water.........

Well, since I have 26 points left, and it's family movie night w/ the kids, I'm going to have another one of those salads I had for lunch, cause I liked it, only this time w/ crispy chicken for 12 points and then will have a smart ones dessert for 4 and a Hormel Lasagna 90 second meal at 9:00 for 5 to end up at 39 for the night.

Tammy,
I usually make oven fries with that when I have time.

Tobe,
What time is dinner? I'm on my way. LOL!

Tonight we're having something new. I picked up a packet of Italian Herb Chicken seasoning the other night. It's made for slow cooker's by McCormick. So I put chicken with potatoes, Italian stewed tomatoes, tomato paste and this packet together in the crockpot. It smells pretty good. I still need to figure out the points for it, but it shouldn't be bad at all. I'll post the recipe on my blog tonight or tomorrow if it's good.

What is the recipe for the chicken cordon bleu, if you don't mind me asking? That sounds so good.

We had BBQ ribs in the crock - only 3 ounces for me. Everyone else had noodles with theirs. I had baked sweet potato with ICBINB spray and green beans. Oh, I had a smart ones cookie dough sundae for dessert. I live for those!!!

uki

I had a Lean Cuisine steak tips dijon (6pts),
1 cup of brown rice (4pts),
side salad w/ff italian dress. (0pt)
I also had a WW giant fudge bar (1pt), and I'll have a bag of 94% ff popcorn while watching my taped Grey's (4pts)

I had 15 pts left for dinner & snack

Re: Re: What's for dinner?

I had
1 baked yam with ICBINB with cinamon 3 pts
1 baked potato with a drizzel of olive oil (been trying to get more oil in since our oil discussion) 4 pts
1/2 cup of my italian/garlic marinated mushrooms 0 pts
2 cups of decaf green tea 0 pts

Total 7 points

No meat no cheese no protein Don't no why, but I was so satisfied. I was planning on eating some tofu, but just did not have the room for it.

JeanCat

Last night's dinner was sooooo lame that I have to share:

Yogurt with a banana, bunch of grapes and package of raw almonds

That's the healthiest thing I could scrape together from 7-11...

And I ate that fine meal at my desk at work.

Bon Appetite!

I'm going to have a cup of brown fried rice 4 pt

4 oz pork loin 4 pt

large salad 2 pts

then a no pudge brownie with WW choc ice cream
lite cool whip 2 pt

1 pt left over, will then have a 1 pt
raspberry WW frozen bar

then off to bed and finished with food today
which kept me OP 100%

Ukisuki,
Here's the link to the cordon bleu recipe...

http://www.aimeesadventures.com/RecipeFiles/MainDishes1/ChickenCordonBleu.html

Well my dinner went right out the window.

I did have a big salad, and now I'm not hungry, so I decided I'm not going to eat just to eat...

I did have the brownie and ice cream tho,, and now I'm done for the nite..

I'll just drink water.... and then go to bed with da dogs....

I still have about 9 points left over, and I know I'm supposed to use them. but!!!!!!!

If I'm not hungry I'm not hungry.....

Oven Fried Tilipia - 4 pts
serving size of fries (baked) 3 pts
garlic cauliflower ( Steamfresh) 1 pt
Blue Bunny Vanilla Fudge Bar 1 pt
water-water-water-water~ a big ZERO points
Went for a walk( 50 minutes) AP points

Now its time for a nap

I had Subway tonight

6 inch oven roasted chicken w/light mayo & lettuce on toasted wheat (7pts)

I still have 6pts left ...so I may have some 94% ff popcorn & 2 pt WW ice cream cup while watching a movie

Thanks for the link Aimee!! I can't wait to try it.

Tonight I had 2 turkey meatballs on lite wheat with LF mozzarella and tomato sauce, and a baked sweet potato with ICBINB spray and a smart ones cookie dough sundae. I am full and satisfied.

Well, I didn't get to make that cola chicken last night so I made it tonight. Only I used a can of Diet DR Pepper berries and cream instead of cola and I added to capfuls of soy sauce to the mix. It was very yummy!
I also made a new recipe called pureed cauliflower. It was fantastic, by kids even liked it!
I also had a cup of homemade tabbouleh salad.
All of this for 8 points (I had 2 cups of the pureed cauliflower and counted it as 2 pts, cause for 1/2 cup it is zero pts.--it's a WW recipe)
I have 3 pts left for the day so I'll use them after I get the kitchen cleaned up and the kiddos to bed so I can sit and enjoy something sweet in peace!

Mine is pretty sad.
2 Morning Star Veggie Corndogs: 6 pts
Baked Scoops: 2 pts
Salsa: 0 pts
Hershey's 100 cal choc cov pretzel: 2 pts.

Dinner 10 pts, I'll have to check haven't wrote down what I've ate today, think I'm done.

making Cheesy Rice and Bean Casserole 1/1.4 cups 5 pts
and
Cornbread muffins------- i made big ones so they are 2 pts each ( made with a box jiffy cornbread & can of pineapples)

I'm making Aimee's crockpot sweet and sour chicken - with rice! The house smells so yummy!

I can't wait to try it, because it's the first "real" food I'm going to try to eat since I had my wisdom teeth pulled out on Friday!

I had Subway tonight...6 inch turkey & ham on wheat w/lettuce & light mayo

and a 100 cal pack of doritos

Hamburger Steaks w/sweet sour onions 6 points

California Coleslaw 1 cup 2 points

Ranchers Beans( Baked Beans in the skillet)1/2 c- 2pts

Strawberry Fluff ( from Aimee's recipes) 1 cup- 2 points

chicken done in coke and ketchup 6 pt

1/2 cup br rice with vegetables 2 pt

salad with Kens lite bleucheese 2 pt

no sweets after that I'm going out and I'll be out late....

Crockpot rotisserie chicken (4)
Baked sweet potato (2)
green beans (0)

Breyer's ice cream cup (2)

I holding out for dinner tomorrow with DH at out favorite Italian place. He has a job interview and we are going to go celebrate!! My fingers and toes are crossed that he gets it...

Uki

Mmmmm. Now I'm thinking about it...

My husband has chicken tenders soaking in a Caribbean Jerk Marinade. He made chicken breasts like that last week and they were so juicy and tender. Yummy.

Not sure what we'll have with it though. I was kind of thinking about picking up some corn on the cob.

Chicken Fajita Salad:
3oz of pre-cooked warmed up chicken strips (2 pts)
with strips of red & green bell peppers, with onions sauteed in olive oil (2 pts for 1/2 TBLS oil)
on a bed of lettuce sprinkled with low fat cheese (2pts) topped with salsa as the dressing.
The cheese melts on the warm chicken and peppers, yet the lettuce doesn't wilt. One of my faves!

I had a cup of kashi go lean crunch w/honey almond flax cereal 4pts
cup of skim 2pts
banana 2pts

100 cal pack doritos 2pts

and water water water

Trying the Tofu Shirataki Fettuccine noodles for the first time. Going to make tuna `n` noodles. Since its only 46 degrees at 900 Am in the middle of May, i think a pot of Black Bean Soup sounds good also

ohhhhhhhhh please post the receipe for your blk bean soup..

and also the points per cup.....

its cold here in NJ also, I'm in sweats this morning with a long sleeve top, what a difference from running around in a bathing suit.

This has been some crummy April and May... I need sun!!!!!!

Ooops Sorry Tobe, only seen the request now:
I have 2 if you still want them

Shrimp and Black Bean Soup
1 large onion chopped
1 T olive oil
2 cans(14.5 oz) reduced sodium chicken broth
2 cans diced tomatoes and green chilies,undrained
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14.5) diced tomatoes, undrained
4 1/2 t chili powder
1 t sugar
1 pound uncooked medium shrimp,peeled and deveined
1/4 c fresh parsley

In a dutch oven, saute onions for 3-4 mins ore until tender. Add all ingredients( ***except shrimp and parsley) bring to a boil,stir occasionally. Reduce heat;cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Stir in shrimp;cook 5-6 mins longer or until shrimp turns pink. Stir in parsley.

serves 8
1 1/2 cups = 3 points

The other black bean soup has chipotle peppers in it> ( which are smoked jalopenos) Let me know it You want that one also.

I make and eat soup any time,just not in the fall/winter

Today for dinner i made

Potatoes with Soyrizo
Soyrizo is chirozo but made with soy. It is a mexican sausage, i added cubed potaotes with peppers/onions. egg whites and cheese.

Smells wonderful

yes yes yes I want the receipe with the chipote peppers I love hot and spicy food.

I'm having very hot and spicy two bean chili tonite.

1 cup 6 points

Salad...... 2 pts for lite dressing,

Black Bean Chipotle Soup
8 servings---( 2 quarts- 1 cup suace)
1 lge onion,chopped
3 garlic cloves,minced
1 t canola oil
2 cans (15 oz)black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans (14.5 oz) veggie borth
1 can (28 0z) crushed tomatoes
1 T chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
2 bay leaves
1 T fresh cilantro
2 t ground cumin
1 t ground coriander
1/8 salt
1/8 pepper

Sauce:
1 cup reduced fat sour cream
2 green onions tops,chopped
1 garlic clove,peeled
1/8 t salt
1/8 t adobo sauce
1 T minced fresh cilantro

In a large sausepan coated with cooking spray,saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the beans,tomatoes, chipolte pepper,bay leaves and seasonings.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat:cover and simmer for 20 mins.
In a blender,combine the sour cream,onion tops,garlic,salt and adobo sauce;cover and process till blended.
Discard bay leaved from soup.Top each serving with sauce and sprinkle with cilantro.

1 cup with 2 T sauce + 3 points.

Summer is here( at least for today it is)

Making a Shrimp Salad(4 points) that is fast and easy.

Tuna "burgers"--3 points ( with a whole wheat bun 1 pt)

Roasted Red Pepper Spread(0 pts for 1 T) with fresh veggies for dipping

Hi Akus!

Is that Red Pepper Spread homemade? Got a recipe?

or if bought got a brand? I keep finding stuff like tht but has lots of oil.

Thanks

Jean Cat

Roasted Red Pepper Spread.
1 (7 oz) jat roasted red peppers, drained and finely chopped
1/3 cup tub style light cream cheese
2 t minced bottled garlic
2 t white balsamic vinegar ( i used regular, not white)
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper

Combine all ingredients, stirring well. Serve with breadsticks,Melba toast,or celery sticks.

1 cup
Serving size 1 T- 0 points

JeanCat, this is not like hummus, its not smooth,sorta chunky, i think that's why the suggest the things to serve it with. I did use it with some All Bran Crackers and later spread it over a low carb tortilla, that tasted good.Not sure if it tasted better cause it had sat and all the flavors blended together.

Akus this Sounds yummy!
But I have to say I have only seen the roasted peppers in an oil base. Is this what you use and then drain? or is ther a water//vinegar base out there with less points?

Wonderful suggestion on celery or cucumber rounds for less points!

Can be spruced up with seasonings that are salt free! But I am sure it is great just the way it is!

Yum...

JeanCat

They are not oiled-based thats for sure, i get mine where they sell the pickles and relishes in the store. But if all you can find is oil-based, drain em and run them under water.

Roasted Red Pepper Spread.

That sounds so great especially the spreading on WW tortilla (whole wheat). Recipe noted. THANKS

Thanks Akus I will look for it.

I have used ortega diced green chiles and FF cream chese. But for some reason it does not like to mix well. So I have spread the cheese then topped what ever wwith the chiles. I am thinking of using my Bullet to mix.

Got any other spreads?
You are a wealth of info Akus!

JeanCat

Grilled Halibut
Greek Vegetable Salad
Coleslaw..

Sometimes i even amaze myself, i enjoyed every bite, the Halibut was awesome, all i used was ICBINB and some fresh lemon.
The Greek Veggie salad had cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, romaine lettuce,feta cheese and kalamata olives with ff balsamic vinaigrette.
The coleslaw was just some mayo mixed with some red wine vinegar to give it that little zip.

It just all tasted soooooooooooooooo good.

Mexican Sour Cream Dip
1 c red fat sour cream
2 T fresh chopped cilantro
1 1/2 T lime juice
1 T EEVO( extravirgin olive oil)
1/2 t ground cumin
1/4 t salt
1/4 t ground red pepper

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl,stirring well.
Cover and chill.Serve with cucumbers,red pepper and zucchini slices.
1 cup
1 T- 1 point

Smoked Salmon Spread
6 oz 1/3 less-fat cream cheese,softened
1/4 1% low fat milk
1/4 c ff dill veggie dip( such as T.Marzetti)
1 t grated fresh lemon rind
4 oz smoked salmon

Combine first 4 ingredients in a food processor;process till smooth,stoping to scrape down sides as needed. Add smoked salmon; and pulse 5 times or until slightly chunky( do not over precess)
1 1/2 cups
1 T - 1 point

Dinner today:
Kids last day of school
Something simple.
Tuna burgers, corn on the cob, baked fries

I LOVE making salmon spread! I use the FF Cream Cheese for this. Been putting it on Light Thomas Eng muffins since Feb.

All of your recipes sound delish.

I LOVE cooked salmon! I place it on a pam coated fry pan and sprinkle dill and 21 Salute (no salt seasoning) with garlic powder.about 3 - 5 minutes per side, use the pan like a grill.

I am going to try to make my own hummus. Will be in touch on that.

Thanks again!

I am on my way to Trader Joes for some fresh egg plant! A drizzel of EVOO herbs, garlic and marinade in a jar for about aa week. Then grind it up and use as a spread is much like the OLD World Italian spreads of yesterday. I am in process of converting many of my mom and dad's old recipes to WW friendly ones. I shared the marinated mushrooms already. Will post as I go along.

JeanCat