Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The elevator to success

Now that I have your attention...The elevator to success is NOT running...TAKE THE STAIRS! Anything worth having is worth working for! Isn't this a good one? It's posted in a Dr's office at the hospital. Speaking of which, if anyone is inclined to pray for my friend Sharlene, we would appreciate it. She has had a tumour removed from her breast. Her lynph nodes are all clear, but she still needs chemo, which started today. I am part of her "network of friends", taking her to appointments, etc. but am finding this all exhausting. And this is when I usually resort to over-eating- when I'm stressed. So, pray for me too that I will stay on track. If Ben can do it, so can I, right? Thanks, my posting buddies.LouAnne

Re: The elevator to success

Louanne,

I am praying for you and your friend. Please keep us posted on how she is doing.
I have an Aunt that has breast cancer and when she went to have it removed, she found out on the operating table that she is pregnant! So they could not do the surgery. She is supposed to be far enough along w/n the next couple of weeks so that they can safely do the surgery with harming the babies, yes, that's right, babies! She is having twins! She is going for the full masectomy with reconstruction. She has 4 kids already. She's in her late 30's. I think she turns 40 this year. So I pray for her too.

I will keep you & your friend in my thoughts and prayers.
Please keep us posted.

Thanks, Tammy and Linda for your prayers. I will definately keep you posted on her progress, and we need to hear more about your aunt too. Imagine having twins in your 40's! I'm praying for her and the babies.

Thanks, LouAnne! Both of these ladies need all the prayer they can get!

As many of you know I post late and usually last compared to everyone else!
Sorry to hear of your friend Sharlene.
I do know what you mean about being exhausted helping a friend or relative in need.
Don't know I fyou have read any of what I am going through but my mom had a heart attack in early April and we are still dealing with this. AND I do understand and KNOW first hand how hard it is to keep from going back to old habits of binging during times of trouble and stress.
This time is it is a bit different. Maybe because of thenetworking on this board, the friendships here or maybe because of the commitment I made in January when if first felt different this time. I do not know maybe all of it. But this time I am not binging!

LIfe (and death) will happen whether I eat or not. The difference is it could be mine, not someone elses that I am talking about!

With that said you, your friend Sharlene, my mom, my sister are in my prayers.

Love
JeanCAt

Prayers going out for everyone..

Thanks, JeanCat and Tobe for your support. Yes, JeanCat I have been following your struggle with your Mom. My Mom is 86 and in quite good health, but she is high maintenance, so I definately identify with you. Each Sunday night service at my church we have prayer requests, and I always ask for prayers for the elderly and their caregivers, so you and your Mom are included in those prayers. Imagine! Floks here in Canada have been praying for you and your Mom. Isn't that cool? Have a good day, ladies. (I love that I have a face to put with your names now.)

Re: Re: The elevator to success

You are Most Welcome Lou Anne!
Thank you for the prayers!

Love ya
JeanCat

Re: Re: The elevator to success

Thanks Tobe!
Love ya
JeanCat

Hey LouAnne, I am a chemoangel. You can go to chemoangels.com and check it out. Your friend could have her very own angel to help her get through her chemo treatments. I have "angeled" several children and several women and it is so rewarding and our "buddies" really seem to appreciate it and gets their mind off of their treatment for at least a little bit. Check it out!
Sandy

Wow, thanks, Sandy! I've never even heard of chemoangels. I just checked out the website, and I will be sharing it with my friend. LouAnne