Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Blunt Question. Sorry

Thanks for the help with TOM. But since i was comfortable enough to ask that question, I have another. Ok, here goes, hope its not just me... Does anyone ever get a lil constipated by the eating change? And if so what is the remedy besides spinach.

Re: Another Blunt Question. Sorry

Besides the fiber lots of roughage veggies..

Eat a few salads during the day,../

I'm lucky I never had that problem with a change in food...

But good you asked it kelly..

My mother and aunt have that problem and have found that the Fiber One bars do the trick.

I have the zero point veggie soup nearly every day and the cabbage in that helps...almost to the other end of the spectrum sometimes though!

It's good you asked the question! You shouldn't have that problem if you are getting the proper amount of fiber, water, and even the oils in. You should aim to get a minimum of 25 grams of fiber in everyday. I agree with Tobe in that you probably need more veggies and fruits. Most important though in this area is to make sure you are eating high fiber foods and drinking your water. This may not necessarily be a total food change thing. Perhaps it is one thing that is new to you that you are eating rather than the whole food plan.

The fiber one cereal also will fix you right up!!
I love prunes so I eat those quite often..I get ALOT of fiber when Im eating well.

Okay I have this to say:
When and before I began WW I had just the opposite problem of the "Big C", I had the 'Big D' with alternated with the Big C from time to time. I was not getting in any fiber, no fruit no veggies and no whole wheat or other whole foods. I was headed for colon cancer!

But any way being on the proper diet has 'regulated' me so that I have no problems any more.

I know you are all going to laugh at me, but I feel like I have been to Lordes (did I spell that right?) Why? Becauase I have been lactose intolerant for 25 yrs and NOW I have been having skinny cow ice cream sandwiches and FF sour Cream and FF half and half, and FF ricotta without any problems so far. I recently tried FF cottage cheese and again no problem. So I will try again!

I am very excited and hoping this is not a 'trick'! I think with the proper nutrition your body can make the enzymes that it is supposed to.

Thanks for the suggestion of the thread!

I think adding fruit and veggies and fluids will help. If all else fails try beans!

JeanCat

Make one of your daily fruits some of the soft dried apricots. I do this every night when I take my vitamins.

Ann

Two of my co-workers are on program experiencing the same prob, but don't attend ww meetings. So, I asked my leader for them. Both feel they are getting their fiber and drinking their water. Not always using their oils. Anyway, she suggested eating one to two servings on watermelon for a couple of days. She swears that it will work like a charm, calling it "nature's tastiest laxative" Hope this helps!

Oh....I sure could use the help...but to put oil on watermelon.....wow...just don't think I could do that. I would be afraid it would turn me again watermelon for life...Anybody else think the same way or am I just weird....

Patty

Patty,

Sorry if I confused everyone, I was just saying that when i spoke with my leader she asked about their water, fiber and oils. They are drinking all of their water and getting enough fiber, but not always using their oils. So, in addition to using your 2 daily oils she suggests also eating the watermelon. But not together. Sorry

Thanks Jen...sure makes me feel better...I just couldn't imagine how that would taste. I'm one of the ones that gets plenty of water and fiber but the oil is what I never get in...or at least, hardly...

Patty