Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HELP! I need fish

I am not a big fish lover at all. I have been able to keep down shell fish, tuna and salmon and that's about as far as I get, so getting fish in for the health benefits doesn't always happen for me.

That being said, I found a great Smart Ones out there for anyone w/ the same problem. It's called Tuna Noodle Gratin. I absolutely love that stuff. Not too fishy at all. Beware Healthy Choice's Salmon Dill meal they have though. I couldn't sell that thing on ebay, lol. Very fishy and not much fish. How weird is that.

If anyone would like to pitch in w/ some ideas outside of tuna salad, I'd love to hear em. Thanks.

Re: HELP! I need fish

Hey Ben,

have you ever had tilapia?? its a very light fish...and very good

I made tilipia tonight, since i work in a seafood dept at a grocery store and i dont eat any meat at all. I buy alot of fresh fish.

One 6 oz piece is 4 points

All i did was marinate a pound of it, for at least an hour in 1/4 cup of Ken's honey teriyaki ) 2points. Discard the marinade,spray another baking dish with Pam and place fish in,cover with foil.

Bake it for 15 mins at 450

Thanks. I'll give talapia a try. I appreciate the help.

Hey, Ben, let us know how you like the tilapia. It's our favourite fish . Light and not too fishy. Remember you can always use salsa (if you like it) to hide the fishy taste.

Tilapia, White Cod and Chilean Sea Bass are all great mild fish with slightly different texture! I have to agree second to salmon is Tilapia.

If you like salsa, try one with mango or papaya!
If you like teriyaki try making your own too!
A bit of brown sugar or brown splenda, ginger, soy and some green onion!
Try garlic powder and olive oil!
Try a honjey mustard dressing!

I eat salmon a lot! Love it and make if various ways.Sushi, pan fried, steamed various sauces.

Always eat one of your favorite veggies with it. So that you do not have a total bad experience! Sort of bittersweet!

Allow yourself a WW freindly snack or sweet afterward when you 'have to' eat fish but just don't feel up to it.

Hope this helps Ben!

Jean Cat

FRESH Tuna GRILLED STEAKS! YEP on the BBQ!!!OMG!!
Make a sauce just for it! Dill or Italian with grilled veggies!
Yum!@!!

I love fish, but do not cook often. I do not like a fishy smell or taste, but rather mild ones. I love sauces try a Chinese or Japanese plum sauce too!

JeanCat

Thank you for all those great ideas Jeancat. I will try those other fish as well. I honestly will not be w/out sauce when I try any fish. I'm not that brave, lol.

Re: Re: HELP! I need fish

Can;t wait to hear your response and 'enjoyment'!

Love ya
JeanCat