Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for Aimee's mom

O.K., Miss Patty, inquiring minds want to know...Is there some French in your background? , since the spelling of Aimee's name is very French. And how did you come to choose her name?
It's very cool that it means "beloved" because she is that by so many of us.

Re: Question for Aimee's mom

Hi LouAnne, well here is how her name came about..Back when I was expecting her brother, we had decided to name her Amy..well it turned out Amy just didn't seem to fit HIM..so he became a David...Well 3 years later we had decided Amy would be way too common..I could just see a teacher calling on Amy and about 10 kids raised their hands...Now what would we do..out came the name book again...Well we still liked the name of Amy so after looking at all the different spellings...Aimee meant "Beloved"....well, it did take me much longer to get pregnant this time, so I thought it fit..What do you think, LouAnne?

Patty, I completely agree that a common name would never do for your girl. She totally suits the lovely name AIMEE. I like unusual spellings that set people apart. And your Aimee is certainly special to all of us. Has she always been such an encourager? LouAnne

Awe, thanks!

Encourager? LOL! I'm pretty sure she'll say I was more like a terror. :) I was one of those kids who questioned everything and tried to see what I could get away with when it came to rules and limits. LOL! I came home in kindergarten and put my hand on my hip and said to my mom "Bet you can't make me take a nap" and she said "you wanna bet?" Well, guess who was taking a nap in no time at all. LOL! I've always had moments of insanity with stuff like that. LOL! I'm totally not the same person I was back then though. My mom and I use to fight on a constant basis. I was the kid who couldn't wait until I was 18 to get the heck out of there. Well, 18 came and I was still in high school, so then I was leaving as soon as I graduated. Well graduation came, and I said I would go to college, but I was leaving after that for sure! LOL! Reality set in and I realized just how much it cost to move out on your own. I did finally move out when I was 21. Almost a year later I was married. :) When I was around 16 my mom and I were arguing and she said "I hope you have a daughter just like you" (believe me, she meant it as a punishment not as "I hope your kid is as good as you" LOL). I said back to her "I hope so too, because she'll be cool!" LOL!!!!!! Man what was I thinking back then? I really was crazy. Now I think "if I ever have a kid, I hope it's nothing like I was because I don't know if I have the energy for all of that". LOL! BTW, my mom and I get along much better now that I'm older (and not living there. LOL!). Not that I'm saying I still don't challenge things at times though. That will probably never change, that's just who I am. LOL!!!!!!

I knew Aimee when she was younger, so I can vouch for her statment. Patty could probably have points for days and days if she counted her fighting w/ Aimee as activity points, LOL. Aimee's great though and so is her mom.

LOL! Thanks Ben! :)

LOL...yes aimee is absolutely right in what she says...She wasn't the easy one to raise...

Thanks, Ben, think you are great, too. You are doing a great job on your weight loss journey...