Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A great new find.....

I found this book at Sam's club that is called
the Beck Diet Solution..(train your brain to think like a thin person.) I finished the first chapter. It takes you 40 days to get through the book. I think it sounds really good..makes you really stop and think..It is a hard back and it was $14.88 at sams...This works with any diet plan..I will let you know how it goes....If you are going to class this week, it goes right along with what was covered in our class...

Patty

Re: A great new find.....

Does this mean I have to wait 40 days to borrow it from you? LOL!

Ooooooooooooh! Does this mean you won't share day by day for 40 days? This could be a whole new thread! :)

JeanCat

I'll second that idea, JeanCat. Perhaps Patty could give us a chapter summary for each chapter????

Yes, aimee that DOES mean you have to wait 40 days...
I'm not a very good writer like the rest of you, but I can give it a try.

Ok, yesterday was day 1 and I had to take 3 index cards and list 10 reasons I wanted to lose weight...You have to keep them handy, next to your computer, on the kitchen table, posted anywhere you are during the day..Read them when you are tempted, before you eat..anytime you need a little extra strength....Ok..want to hear my list?? Can't hear you..... so I guess you will have to suffer...

Advantages of MY losing weight...(Patty)

1. To get back to 10 pounds below w.w. goal.
2. To have more energy to walk outside more.
3.So my knees and ankles will hurt less.
4.So my back doesn't hurt as much.
5.So my clothes will fit a little better.
6.To help motivate, Aimee.
7.Keep from paying $11. at weight watchers.
8.To feel like I'm more in control.
9.To prove I can do it.
10. To be PROUD of myself...

Today was Day 2...
Had to read a couple pages on how to pick a diet. You have to pick one to start and one as a back up. They feel if you have a back up already picked out, when it gets rough and you want to quit..Well you just jump over to diet 2..You don't just quit..you change...Needs to be a back up just in case...ok..tomorrow is Day 3.......I told you I'm not good at writing....

Patty,

You're doing a great job of summarizing for us! Thanks so much for taking the time to do it. I really appreciate it.

I love the idea of making those index cards. I need to do that for myself. Maybe they'll help get the last 7 pounds off!

Tammy

Tammy, there was also something I forgot about the first part of the book, not really a chapter. It was talking about when you think you want something to eat..stop and ask yourself if you are hungry or you just want it. They said people rarely get hungry..they eat for all the reasons we all know about...They said when you resist something you really want, you are strengthening the muscle that controls it..In time it will be much easier to resist things..Today at work(remember I demo food) I did not sample the first thing....After awhile it didn't seem to bother me much. (I hope this holds out) Also I'm use to eating something every couple hours. Your body comes to expect it (even tho you really aren't hungry)...Well today, I only ate at meals.....(a first for me)..Tonight I had crystal light and I'm off to bed before long...(earlier than usual) I feel really good tonight...I really got through day 1...a little different than usual. It didn't say you can't have snacks between meals, just that we seem to get so use to them we just grab and grab without really thinking anything about it..(that's me)..Ok...I'm going to keep going.. I called aimee and told her maybe I'm ready for my new progress page..I just want to lose 10 to get back down to 10 below my ww goal where I was 5 years ago...

Patty

I ordered this book a few days ago from Amazon and I can't wait to start it.

Re: Re: A great new find.....

I am so glad that you took my suggestion Patty! I think we can call this a true journey together if we all do what the book asks together! Lets keep this thread going! And I agree you are doing a SUPER job. God knows that no one wants you to be as wordy as me! :) So your short and sweet summaries are just what the doctor ordered! If we need more info we will ask I am sure!

Here is my list! This will be my handy place to keep them!

1. To become healthier. control metabolic syndrome and prevent its progression.
2. To possibly prevent diabetes and hypertenstion.
3. To possibly prevent Cancer and significant aging.
4. To feel and look better especially in my clothes.
5. To minimize leg, knee and back pain.
6. To purchase suits and look more professional.
7. To look younger, less matronly.
8. To be able to exercise and walk longer, increase endurance.
9. To improve breathing.
10. To get into a little slinky sexy black dress!

JeanCat

Re: Re: A great new find.....

Day 2 or Intro
Okay my first choice of my food plan is WW Flex
My second choice is WW Core!

JeanCat

Re: A great new find, but anything what works.....

You know, there is so many "diets" and all that, but there is one thing we have to realize that if we are so prone to gain weight we have to watch what we are eating for rest of our lives. No "diet" can do that with us as life goes on and we have to adjust to what is going on around us.

I lost 100 lb and I am keeping it off (it will be 6 years this June since I started). Because I like to eat, cook, eat and trying new food, eat and entertain with making big dinners... I concentrated on finding new recipes based on calories, learning about what is healthy and what is not, became vegetarian for some time (it helped as meat is high in cal.)and I was reading about food a lot. Well, I even have a hobby to photograph beautiful dishes (not as easy as you think). Through the years I changed my lifestyle gradually and don't even like sugary and greasy stuff anymore. After some time, I started enjoying feeling healthy, slimmer, lighter and much better looking. Now, every time I feel like eating like a pig, I say to myself "what do you like more - the way you look - or ......food? It works, but it was long road and I know that good addiction is still in me and I have to be aware of it. I am still trying to lose last 5 lb, but find it difficult as I feel quite satisfied with what I have done so far. My goal is to be right in the middle of suggested weight for my hight.

I agree with the word diet. I don't use that word. I use the word food plan or my program foods.

Why? because for me I am not on a diet. I have been on 10's (yes ten's: realistically speaking) of diets. They work as long as you are ON the Diet. But stop working when you are off. So for me the food plan must be one that I can and will live with.

I can bounce between the current two WW food plans. And I find what foods are my RED LIGHT foods! Foods that I have to stop eating after one serving but I just can not. So they are foods that I can not keep in the house or foods that are NO LONGER on MY FOOD Plan even if they are on someone elses WW Flex Plan.

So I do agree with you Magan

JeanCat

Below are my reasons to loose weight and most of everyones reasons are mine too.

1. Scared of getting a illness that I caused because I was over weight.
2. Tired all the time and no energy.
3. Want to be who I know I am and that wasent who I was 3 mths ago.
4. Want my kids to eat right.
5. Want to wear a bikini again if I can...lol..
6. Get back to my ww lifetime achievement that I once had.
7. Feel more attractive and less matronaly.
8. Get back in control of my life and stop feeling low about how I look.
9. Start cooking everyday again.
10. Stop eating out .