Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Does regular exercise make you hungrier?

I just wondered if other folks found this to be true? Right after I exercise, I am not hungry, but then a few hours later it really seems to kick in. Here is an example. I walked this morning around 7:30am, ate a South Beach Diet bar around 10a. I just wasn't hungry until then. Rode my bike from 12:00p to 1:00p. I wasn't hungry for lunch, but ate anyway around 2:15p - a LC panini and a salad. By 5:15p I was starving!!! Only 3 hours after I ate lunch and boy was I ready to eat again. I had a can of green beans, 3/4 cup of spaghetti and low point sauce and then had a 100 cal ice cream cup for dessert. I had a taste for more but held off and was fine. I am sipping a diet coke now and that is that, but I just wondered if this happens to anyone else.

Thanks!
Uki

Re: Does regular exercise make you hungrier?

Have not noticed those hunger pangs right after exercising....

Uki,

Usually I am very hungry after working out. But I usually only eat a small breakfast 2-3pts, including my coffee w/creamer. Then I go to the gym for about 3 hours. I don't work out for that entire time but I do take a shower and get ready for the day there after I workout. So by the time I leave there it is time for lunch and I am pretty hungry.
Your body is telling you to just feed it more often. I find it is best if I eat about every 2-3 hours. I usually eat a small breakfast. A decent lunch, an afternoon snack, dinner, and then an evening snack. This way I always have my metabolism in gear and moving. I don't eat huge portions anymore, now I just eat all day! But overall I eat far less than I used to but I also eat a lot more often.

Thanks everyone. Tammy, your ideas of eating smaller amounts more often does make sense. I know that is what keeps your metabolism up too. I think I will give that a whirl today and just rearrange how I use my points. Thanks for the suggestion and I am glad I am not the only one that feels hungrier when they earn a lot of AP's!

Uki