Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where is everyone from and a little about yourself....

I'm in sunny south Florida in Boca Raton..its in between Miami and west Palm beach.
I'm a hairdresser and I work part time and I'm married to Bill for 13 years with 2 kids Madison nealy 10 and Mackenzie nealy 8.
I came to the USA in 1989 when I was 25 on my own and dident know any Americans, now my parents live in Florida too and were all citizens of the USA. I was born in England.
I'm on ww and this is my 13th week and I'm down 271bs.
Lorraine.

Re: Where is everyone from and a little about yourself....

Wow..great job on your weight loss. It took guts to come here on your own...you must be a strong person..
Well, here it goes about me...I started ww almost 5 years ago. I was dragged (almost) to weight watchers by my daughter...I think I was silently kicking and screaming... Well, I lost 50#, getting down to 10 below my goal. I pretty much stayed there for a couple years and then my husband retired and we tend to eat out lunch more now...I went from full time work to part time work which put me in my kitchen more. Well I'm right now at my goal of 150, but would like to get back down to 140.. I demonstrate food in a Sam's club, which also makes it hard..I'm going to class now but I did take a year off, probably why I put 10 back on...I eat much different now that I did before weight watchers. AND, i'm aimee's mom...Now you know who dragged me kicking and screaming..... by the way, I live in Dayton, Ohio..

Hi, I'm Alice, and I live in Arkansas. I'm married and have 2 kids, 21 and 16. This is my 3rd time doing WW. We weighed today and I lost 3.5 which would be great, but I gained 3 last week. I do not work (well I don't have a job outside the home) and I think that is part of the problem. I use to weight between 140 and 145 lbs, but I had a medical problem, and I had to take steroids. I really packed on the pounds. That was almost 5 years ago, and I can't believe still weigh this much.
Lorraine, it is great that you have lost 27 pounds. That gives me hope. When I was sick, one of my nurses was from England. I loved her accent!
Alice

I am a Marine Corps wife, originally from Toledo, OH. We've been stationed in Warminster, PA, then Jacksonville, NC, and now Xenia, OH, which is about 20 minutes from Dayton.
I have 3 boys, 10, 7, and 2. I consider myself a domestic goddess! LOL! I am very blessed to be able to stay at home and be here for my boys. So when people ask if I work, my answer is YES! I may not bring $$ into the home, but nonetheless I do work!
I've been doing WW this time around *2nd* since Septemeber 2005. I've lost 78 pounds and need to lose about 7 more to get to goal. I hope to become a WW leader when I hit goal.

Nice Loss Lorraine in a short period of time...
it took me forever to get the lbs off in dribs and drabs, especially this time around, I got to me known in my mtg at the .8'er lol....

I'm in New Jersey at the Shore Area, on the Atlantic Ocean... Nice place to live, with the sand and surf in my backyard...

I walked into my first WW meeting back in 1974 with a two year old in hand, my second, still had the fat from the first.
I stuck it out, hit goal, maintained for 6 weeks and became a life time member.
THen I thought OK I have this licked, I don't need to go back, well that was about 30 times ago...

This time around in oct of 2006 i went back in with 23 extra lbs on my bod, and that was tooo much for me to carry, This time I stuck it out again, and just kept going weekly, to date I haven't missed 1 mtg or weigh in...

I hit goal again about a month or so ago, and I decided this time I was still going weekly for a mtg and WI. thats the only way I can stay on track and do this....
Years ago we were just required to WI once a month, for me that doesn't work, I need it weekly. I need to have somebody watch me, and me to be accountable to somebody else, my leader and my group...

WW sure has come a long way in the past 30 yrs, looking back I don't know how I did it, the plan was so rigid with the type of foods that were program, I also remember having to make my own ketchup with a can of tomato juice and boil it down till it thickened, it was gross to say the least...
and tuna, good grief, 7 fish meals a week, and 1 liver meal a week (phooey) 1 banana a week, and the list went on... It was tough...

I love this program today, and with Aimee's cookbooks, talk about real food and flexibility...

I'm having company tonite, and it will one of Aimee's receipes that will be served. Who will know but me, that its all WW style.... and I will be able to entertain and stay on program....

Re: Re: Where is everyone from and a little about yourself....

Hello Lorraine,

I am JeanCat from California near Disneyland. I started WW the first time in 1974 or so. I can recall eating bean sprouts with tomato sauce for spaghetti, liver once a week, mandatory fish three times a week, limitations on sweet veggies: tomatoes, yams, onions etc

I have been in and out of WW for many years. But I can say of all the 'diets' that I have tried this one works the best.

I teach pharmacology teacher full time and am a part-time hairdresser.

I returned to WW in 2005 after a serious health scare with a leg that was three times bigger than normal. This was most likely a clot. I lost 14 pounds and it took me about 3 months then I began to play with up 2 down 3 up 3 down 1, up 2 down 1/2, until the next thing I knew I was up all but 5 pounds 1.5 yrs later and another health scare with possible breast cancer. After I found out that it was not in December of 2006, I decided to get serious with WW again, even though I had not actually left. I made acomittment that really felt different at the first of the year.
I lost about 10 pounds in the first 13 weeks then I got a very sick with a respiratory flu, for 4 weeks in March, but continued as per normal. Since I was very dehydrated I lost about 5 pounds but then I gained most of it back two weeks later. But I continued to plow through and not give up. My 92 yr old mom had a heart attack on April 2 about the time I got well. I knew I was 'home' when I did not binge during this time! A very new behavor for me! But wt loss has been bouncing up and down the same two pounds for weeks. This month I have not journalled as well as in the past. But I am eating well and my program foods. I think portions are larger than they should be. But again at least I am not binging.

Welcome to the site!

JeanCat

I'm Kelly from VA. Not much excitment here but an ok place to live. I am planning to get married after my weight loss but maybe sooner. I'm 27 and work 2 jobs. My plan is to also become a nurse or to work in radio, both would require college, so that will be picked up again in the future. I did WW when I was 19 my highest weight was 254 and I came back. Back at it now and im down 20.6. WW is the best. My bf supports me but he loves to cook and likes "thick girls". But who knows what the future holds, I do a thinner me.

Hi, I'm Linda S. from PA. I'm married to a wonderful husband Chris, and we have a daughter who's 17 months old. I'm originally from NY, and moved to PA after 9/11. I wanted to be closer to my mom..who has been living here since '98.
This is my 2nd time on WW. First time I lost about 55 lbs...and made it to a yr on the program, then found out I was preg. In '06 I tried to do the program "on my own" and managed to lose 20 lbs in that yr. Well in the end of March '07 I decided to rejoin WW meeting, and so far I've lost 10.6 lbs.
I'm very determined to do it again and get back to my pre-pregnancy weight !

I just love these boards!!! So much support on here