Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Realization

It dawned on me this morning that this is not a race, but a life long journey. And just like life, there will be ups and downs, but we have to keep on keepin on!

I made goal a while back, but then decided to make another lifestyle change and I quit smoking. I gained 4 lbs and totally freaked out! I started drinking the green tea and was able to take them off, but now I think my body has become used to the tea as I have put 3 back on!

Is 3 lbs the end of the world...probably not, however it is a little discouraging, but not quite as devastating as possibly receiving a horrible diagnosis from a doctor because I choose to continue smoking.

So I have hit a bump in the road, but I also know I have the knowledge and the tools from WW and all of you to keep on keepin on!

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

Re: Realization

great attitude Kim!!

I know this weight loss journey can be very frustrating! But you're 100% right about the dr. & smoking...

At least we know WW works, and we're not deprived of any foods. Know what I mean?

The weight will come off

(((((HUGS)))))

Kim, congratulations on your great attitude. Quitting smoking is a HUGE accomplishment, and three temporary pounds will not affect you nearly as much as the benefits of quitting will. I have a sign above my computer desk that says,
"Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint!" It's good for me to see that often, because most of us, when we decide to go on program, want to see the weight come off FAST! But we need to keep reminding ourselves that this is not a DIET, but a LIFESTYLE change. Slow and steady wins the race. Keep up the great work. You are worth the effort. Hugs, LouAnne

Few pounds is not big deal, what is, is that many of us see weight gain (or not losing) and don't step on scale again because they don't want to see that they are not doing well. That is at the point when we give up. If you are aware and just continue weighing yourself and eat healthy it is just a bump in the road.

Right Attitude!
Right On!
Weight Off!

JeanCat