Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the Beck Diet Solution....Day #3

The 3rd day of the Beck Diet Solution deals mainly with where we eat our food. Do we stand in the kitchen and nibble here and there? Are you one to snack while you are on your computer? Do you snack your way through a warehouse club? These are all examples of "mindless" nibbling.. Most of the eating that people do while on their feet is impulse eating, not food that they had planned to eat. Every time we eat one bite of food we need to sit down at the table and be more conscious of every bite we eat. All the bites we have here and there, they all add up to some serious calories we really don't remember we even ate....Then we wonder why we don't lose weight or we lose slower than we think we should...To end this, we all need to make a commitment to sit down at the table every time we are going to eat a snack or meal.. When you see it in front of you, you are more apt to remember eating it and you will be more satified than when you just grab and go....They have found that people who do sit down to eat, lose more weight and are more able to maintain your weigh loss years later...So..lets all give it a try and see how it works for us...

Re: the Beck Diet Solution....Day #3

Patty--
You make a good point there. How many of us have gone to Sam's to buy chicken breasts, fruits, chicken sausages, etc.--all the healthy stuff--but wandered up and down the aisles hitting all the sample tables?? They usually are not WW friendly samples and they add up quickly!

Re: Re: the Beck Diet Solution....Day #3

I am REALLY getting into this BECK's daily thread!
I found myself eating some food that I preapared as my main meal, while walking to my normal eating place in my home. By the time I got to 'my place', half the food was gone, and I felt like I had nothing to eat and was still hungry when usually the SAME amount of food would have done the trick! This was TWO days ago, BEFORE you posted this! I had a big realization right then! I was going to ENJOY and RELAX wnen ever I ate from now on!

I felt deprived, unsatisfied and craving more food of any kind. NOT where I want to be again!

JeanCat
A Great Lesson!

JeanCat..I have been trying to following the Beck plan all week....boy, it really works. I have sat for every bite, wrote everything I ate..not nibbling between meals..I have read my response cards at least twice a day..Do you know that I have not been nearly as hungry between meals as I was when I snacked every couple hours...I always thought it was better to eat often, but I guess I still ate too much at the meal...I weigh in next Wed....I'll send my weight to Tobe so she can post it...We'll see if I can get back to where I was 4 years ago...I probably won't post the "Chapeter 4" until Monday night...Have to work again tomorrow and having company for dinner tomorrow night...(aimee and Rick)

Hey mom, so what are we having for dinner tomorrow night ? :)

Aimee....we are having food....

Really? Wow! Can't wait. Dog food? Cat food? What kind? LOL!

just as long as it is not the poisoned kind! :)

I am looking forward to the Beck's Day 4 and 5!

i am keepin a separate list in my Word for what you write and my responsees or actions to that specific days requirement/guideline.

I was not aware that we were to re-read the cards or list each day!

I think adding more reasons daily when I do not have the list available will also help. Recalling my reasons when cards are not available will also help.

Thanks so much for sharing this info.

So happy much is working for you. I too will be cutting out in between snacking. I don't do much and did not do much snacking before WW. But I have found myself doing more since I have been on WW even though it is healthy food or on my food plan items, I find that I now have to ahve a snack when before I did not. So I plan to pay more attention to this and have only planned snacks and specific snack times.

JeanCat

Sorry, I will post Day#4 tomorrow, probably in the evening.. I always work on the weekend..I have more time during the week..See ya tomorrow......

Patty

No prob! Just expressing my anticipation!

Love ya
JeanCat

Re: Re: Re: the Beck Diet Solution....Day #3

Patty,

I am just the opposite! I work much during the week and can not get to the site as often, until the weekend.

JeanCat

Keep this coming I need a daily inspiration. I do sit and eat and try to relax while eating. At work its more difficult but I dont barely have time to eat if I'm busy and if I'm busy I'm making money. I am going to make time for myself. Taking a cooler with all my food every day is working for me.
Lorraine.