Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JeanCat's FAvorites - # 6 May 4, 2007

Dear All,

I was beginning to think I should not post any more JeanCats Find or Favorites threads. I rarely get a comment on the posts. So I felt that they were not being read or not being tried, worse not being appreciated. Especially the last one in which I posted links to many videos and other helpful wt loss or dieting sites.

After Maajida posted her appreciation of my post regarding Patty's Beck's Diet thread I knew that Maajida could easily have been a 'lurker' and she may not have ever posted, but rather kept it to herself. If I had not seen Maajida's post, if she had not posted, I would NOT be doing any more JeanCat Finds or Favorites.

Reality: There IS a chance that a lurker is benefiting from my posts. I may never know it. Maybe no one will ever comment on my posts....but it does not matter as long as I continue to post.

Perhaps, I need to post and perhaps someone out there is cyberspace needs to read one of my favorites to help them get through a rough spot.

So I decided to ignore the deafening silence that I hear and feel and go on with my bad self! Do what I have to do, and maybe just maybe some one other than myself is benefiting. I don't have to know it, I just have to believe it.

Thanks!

Enjoy!

JeanCat

Re: JeanCat's FAvorites - # 6 May 6, 2007

Jean Cats Favorites - Thread 6
May 6, 2007

Mom’s Birthday Cake:
Trader Joe’s Low Fat Apricot Tea Loaf (Cake) served with Fat Free Cool Whip
Tray adding a Smuckers Apricot preservative on top of that!
OR Fat Free Carmel Topping
Or with strawberries or real apricots!

1 Loaf is 16 ounces
1 Serving is 1/8 loaf or 2 ounces
180 cals
Fat 2 grams
Fiber 0
Points = 4
Add points for additional garnishings.

I served:
1/12 of the cake (very thin slices about 3/8 inch thick) = 120 cals
Fat 1.5 gram
Fiber 0
Points = 3

Jean Cat

Re: JeanCat's FAvorites - # 6 May 4, 2007

Trader Joe’s Multi-Grain Pretzel Nuggets with sesame Seeds
Low Fat and Cholesterol Free Food – just be sure to portion them out. Trick: use small snack zip locks.

1 bag = 8 ounces
1 serving = 1 ounce
Cals = 110
Fat = 1 gram
Fiber = 1
Points = 2

FYI sodium =180 mg

Enjoy!

JeanCat

Chips of the Week

Trader Joe’s Brand: Soy Flaxseed Tortilla Chips
7 chips = 1 ounce
130 cals
Fat 8 grams
Fiber 4
Pts = 2
FYI sodium = 50mg
Serving suggestion: serve with

TJ’s Salsa
Pinapple Salsa

JeanCat

Pasta of the Week:

Ronzoni Healthy Harvest - Rotini (or cork screw shaped)

Cooks in 13 minutes

2 ounces dry or ¾ cup cooked
180 cals
Fat 1 gram
Fiber 6
Pts = 3 a bargain!~

JeanCat

JeanCat’s Personal Recipe of the Week:
JeanCats Ceasar Salmon Pasta
Serves 4

1 box HH Rotini (13.25 oz)
2 tsp (2 pt) or 1 tbsp (3 pts) olive or other cooking oil
1 Cup of Brocoli florets (0 pts) or artichoke hearts (1pt) (packed in water or oil; drained well)
16 ounces of Salmon baked or fried and broken or cut or shredded in 1 inch cubes, chunks or strips.(4 pts per 4 ounces, 16 pts)
1 Cup of Girards Ceasar Dressing ( 40 cals = pts per 2 tbsp or 1 ounce = 6 pts)
½ cup Fat Free Half and Half (20 cals per tbsp 8 tbsp = 160 cals = 3 pts
4 ounces Fat Free Cream Cheese (2 points)
Shredded Parmesan cheese to taste (calculate pts per use)
{29 points using only 2 tsp oil, broccoli, not including shredded cheese. This equals 7.25 pts each or 8 pts if you count the rounding up.}

1. Cook pasta according to directions
2. Heat sauce pan with light oil saute broccoli florets or artichoke hearts.
3. Add cooked salmon pieces (4 pts per 4 ounces) . Heat well.
4. Add cooked pasta, toss to coat and mix.
5. Stirring constantly add 1 cup of dressing. Heat thoroughly.
6. Stir in ½ cup of cream cheese, then half and half, heat well. About 2 minutes.
7. Serve over pasta top with desired parmesan cheese.

Enjoy!
Mangaste Buono!
JeanCat

Bread Comparison:

Food for Life Ezekiel Sprouted Wheat = 1 pt per slice

Food for Life Ezekiel Sprouted Wheat Cinnamon with Raisin = 1 pt each slice

Orowheat Whole Grain and Oat only 1 pt per slice. Be careful there are two kinds of Orowheat with Oat in it! This is the GREEN wrapper with a red heart on it.

Happy Eating!

JeanCat

More Information on WW
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight_Watchers

Reminder of “The Eight Good Health Guidelines:”
· Eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
· Choose whole-grain foods whenever possible.
· Eat two servings of low fat dairy every day.
· Eat two teaspoons of healthy oil every day. Healthy oils are: olive, flaxseed, canola, safflower and sunflower.
· Eat two servings of protein a day.
· Limit refined sugar and alcohol.
· Drink at least six glasses of water every day.
· Take a vitamin pill every day

Reminder of my roots in OA, as well as WW
http://www.oa.org/index.htm

The Weight Watchers Points Formula
The actual Weight Watchers Points formula used in the Weight Watchers Points calculator is currently under strict US Patent laws. The formula is shown below::

P = (Cal/50) + (fat/12) – (min [r, 4])/5

another is:

P = (Cal/50) + (fat/12) – (fiber/5 or 4/5 which ever numerator is smaller)

Where:
p = Points
c = Calories
f = Fat Grams
r = Dietary fiber Grams

(Note: min{r, 4} equals the number of grams of dietary fiber or 4, whichever is smaller. In other words, only the first 4 grams of fiber "count.")

A thankful reminder of the WW points calculator
So worth it!

Re: Re: JeanCat's FAvorites - # 6 May 4, 2007

Total 29 points or 7.25 or 8 points for 1/4 of the recipe.

JeanCat

JeanCat, I very much appreciate your lists. I sure do wish we had a Trader Joe's here in RI!!! :(

PS: Even if no one posts, please be assured that your lists are read -- frequently! :)

annie in RI

Thanks for the good reminders, JeanCat. I read everything you post.

Keep it up I lurk and read and post.
lorraine.

OKAY! I hear yas!

I WILL continue!

Just needed that, but then again I had resolved to continue.

JeanCat

Just like staying OP, threads require that we keep on trucking.............i read em....but dont always reply. The number of "views" alone should tell that people are reading them. I dont view videos at any site, when you have dial up for ISP it kinda sucks.

First time to post so I have been one of the lurkers. Glad to decided to continue the thread. You do offer us priceless infomation on this journey of healthy lifestyle changes. Keep up the good work.
Chargail

So, Chargail, are you coming out of "Lurkdom"? We'd love to hear who you are and where you're from. Welcome to the board.

Re: JeanCat's Favorites - # 6 May 4, 2007

AnnieEmmm ,Chargail, LouAnne, auks, and Lorraine

“…. maybe just maybe some one other than myself is benefiting. I don't have to know it, I just have to believe it.”

I believe it!

”Oh I’m a believer , couldn’t leaver ‘er if I tried!”

Thanks every one!

I feel better now.

JeanCat

Dear Chargail,

If my self-pity pot post pulled you, a lurker, out of cyberspace, then I am not so embarrassed now! :)

Thanks girlfriend! I needed to know.

Keep on posting and reading!

Remember you can always change your email addy to a dummy addy so that people do not know you if you are shy. But why be shy? We are all in this together!

Let me know of any particular information or food you are interested in . When I have time I will pull something together.

JeanCat

Dear Akus,

Good analogy!

So I am going to keep on keeping on! Yeah!

The number of reads without replies actually told me (my insecure self) that people were opening them,perhaps not reading them, and worse they were reading them but found them not worthy of comment. So I talked myself out of a positive relationship to the number of reads.

I suppose this is related to the pity party I threw myself.

Any way I am over it now and back on track. You have helped to restore my original intent.

Respectfully,

JeanCat

I am 62 years of age which makes me 62 years wiser and I have 62 years of knowledge. All of this is more priceless than a college degree is today.

I have a very DH of 24 years. He is my lover, best friend and my husband. Between the two of us we have 3 daughters and 1 son, 4 grandsons and 2 granddaughters.

My DH and I are fulltime RVers. We are currently doing campground hosting for Georgia State Parks. We love what we do and it is a dream come true for us. This is something we wanted to do for many, many years.

I have around 15 pounds to lose and I suffer through all the same temptations and trials as everyone else. But together I do think that we can conquer this new healthy lifestyle change and make it a daily part of our lives.

Thanks for the welcome. Chargail

JeanCat,
I read them (sometimes not the exact day they're posted though due to time, but I always come back to them). I don't always reply (though I thought I did to the last one, maybe it didn't show up?). I do appreciate all that you take the time to do though. I know there are more people reading than replying (I get the same thing on my blog, but I do that more for me to help keep me accountable). Speaking of which, it's midnight and I still need to do some reading before I write my blog for today. :)

Thanks for everything! I know many people appreciate it even though many are probably lurking. :)

I just want to say Welcome to Chargail! Glad to see you coming out of the shadows and posting. :) Please post as much as you'd like.

Dear Aimee,

YES you have posted on my thread. You and Tobe.

I got on a pity party pot, but I am over it!

I came to the realization AFTER I wrote my intro to this thread, that it IS for me that I do it and it is for the lurkers and all readers whether active or not whether they post or not.

I do it mainly for myself to stay on program and it should not matter to me if any one posts. It does encourage me MORE, if they do, but it should not matter.

Thank you for ALL that you do!

I am very grarteful also to TOBE and many other regular posters!

Love to all
Jean Cat
PS I am over it! I have moved on! I will post a thread once a week and except if I go away for a weekend for R&R or mom gets another attack again.
They maynot be as laong or as big. The posts will become more informational as I run out fo new finds
and favorites! So the content will vary.

Thank you Aimee for addressing this issue.

Yo Jean
I read everything you post with alot of good insight that you share, and I've applied alot of it to my own program..

You keep on keeping on K?????

Wait till you hear what this weeks WW theme was about your going to love it, I won't share on it, I'll wait for your input....

Tobe, what is the topic this week? You can e-mail me the topic if you want to keep it a secret. I am wondering if they are the same all over. I have my meeting this evening.

AnnieEmmm

Thank you Tobe!
I am keepin' on! I love doing it.

I will be posting the topic each Saturday right after I attend the meeting and post my wt loss, gain, no change or no weigh in. If I cannot make the meeting I will be contacting you, Tobe, to post the topic.

Thanks for your encouragement, ALL of you who have let me know in your posts that you have made some use of them.

Love Jean Cat