Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sticky Buns

I'm here at work in the ICU and in the kitchen is a big huge box of sticky buns from a local bakery courtesy of a patient's family. One of the nurse's is eating one now -- I can see her from my desk . Help me be strong!

Re: Sticky Buns

Annie
Picture that sticky bun sitting on your side, hanging..

don't touch it, go drink a big mug of water.....

Being thin feels so much better than taht sicky bun could EVER tastes. Stay strong! Hugs, LouAnne

Guilt tastes terrible! It's so not worth it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! It is National Nurse's Week so this is going to be going on ALL WEEK!!! You guys are the best!

I love sticky buns but if I taste one its not enough so I wouldent eat it. Think about how hard you've done and take healthy snacks to work like fruit carrots pretzels in baggies and eat them every few hours and you wont be tempted. At work they eat Macdolds and Pizza in front of me and I eat my WW food. I eat first so I'm not hungry when they eat. There all jealous of how good I'm looking so I focus on that.

"Once on the lips...forever on the hips!"
bRING your own healthy snacks this week!
Try Orville Reddenbacker's Mini Carmel Corncakes
or
Soy Crisps (they fill you up hours later I as still full! believe me I found out by not having an appetite to eat the three times I ate them. I buy the Quaker BBQ).

Or veggies and FF sour Cream dip.

JeanCat

Make this instead from Aimee's cookbook;
Gooey Cinnamon Rolls

1 (7.5 ounce) Can Pillsbury Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
1/4 Cup Splenda Granular
1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
40 Miniature Marshmallows

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 10 wells of a 12-hole muffin pan with butter flavored cooking spray. Separate biscuits and flatten each into a 4-inch circle. In a small bowl combine Splenda and cinnamon. Dip each biscuit into the cinnamon/Splenda mixture. Place 4 marshmallows into the center of each biscuit. Bring the edges up to form balls and pinch to seal (if you don't get them sealed really good, all of the marshmallows will run out and pretty much disappear). Place each in a prepared muffin well, seam side down. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove rolls from pan immediately and cool slightly on a wire rack.

Note: If you don't want to do all of the work, you can slightly flatten each biscuit, dip each biscuit in the cinnamon/splenda mixture, and then place into an 8" pie pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Then all you have to do is place 4 marshmallows on top and bake. They still taste good, but they won't be as "gooey".

Serves: 10
Per Serving: 64 Calories; trace Fat (5.0% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 184mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. WWP: 1 (www.AimeesAdventures.com)

Annie- since it's National Nursed week, let me thank you and your colleagues for all the wonderful work you do. It takes a very special person to be a nurse!
Here's (((a big hug))). Now isn't that better than a sicky bun? And this is also a lesson to me on what to give professionals as thankyou gifts- FLOWERS, NOT sticky buns. LouAnne

I was 99% good today. I had a small bite just to taste the sticky bun. I didn't have a single bite of the coffee cake that came later but I did indulge in a banana and later a soft juicy pear! I am so proud of myself. Thank you all!

Wow, AnnieEmmm, you did just great today..See how strong you were...pat yourself on the back, my friend...

Patty

Awesome Annie! What willpower you have and what a great example you are to all of us. :) I'm so proud of you!!!

Re: Re: Sticky Buns

Great Job!
Proud of you too!

JeanCat