Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need help interpreting for steak points

Okay, I am baffled over here. I have 2 steaks out for tonight's dinner. I need to eat the lower points one. DH and the kids will be fine with the other. Here is what I have

1. Labeled: "Beef Loin T-bone steak." So is it a beef loin or a t-bone????

2. Labeled: "Beef Loin Top Sirloin Steak."

When I looked on the web for points, the top sirloin looked like the better choice, but on Sparkpeople, the t-bone was lower in fat and calories.

Help please!!!! I don't want to waste points making a mistake. I had a rough weekend points wise and need to get back on the program.

Thanks!
Uki

Re: Need help interpreting for steak points

Uki
I guess I would use the most lean with the lowest in calories...

any 4oz pc of beef, or the size of your palm excluding your fingers will be your portion size. or the size and thickness of a deck of cards.

All we're supposed to have is 4oz...

So do you agree that the top sirloin is the lower calorie choice or is the t-bone lower in calories? I am so confused! UGH!

I rarely touch beef, why I just don't care for it.

I'm looking in my week 1 starter book.
From the looks of things, Beef Loin and Sirloin are both lean, and on the program..

if you just use 4 oz you can't go wrong with either one. your choice as to which one you want, or better yet, have 2 oz of each....

although each cut has different points for each portion of 3 or 4 oz.. check your WW week 1 book, in the back is the food list. check out beef..

I really don't want to steer you wrong...

Steak,lean or loin cuts with all visible fat trimmed-
1 small 4 oz = 5 points

Not sure that helps, its been so long since i ate meat,.....i am not even sure i ever had steak while on OP.

Thank you both. Perhaps all this confusion is divine intervention telling me to eat a Morningstar Farms Soy Chicken Patty instead. LOL I honestly thought about it!!

Uki

So, Uki, was it steak for dinner or chicken?

I always pick serloin over anything else. It might not be as tender but it is lower in fat. Just watch your portion on either one...

LOL over here. I grilled both steaks and ate 4 ounces of the top sirloin. It was quite tasty! I had a baked sweet tater with it and a WW ice cream cup for dessert. All is well in my world.

Uki